Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The part about how Clark is a good bartender reminds me of a story I heard from a family friend: He was hired as a bartender as a young man. The owner told him that uniforms were provided. When he got the uniform, he discovered that all the pockets were sewn shut.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm so sorry to hear about your father, Terry frown

He watched her stalk away and sighed. No matter what he said or did, Linda refused to understand that Clark wasn’t interested in her romantically. And he wasn’t sure how much longer he could maintain his presence of mind while she pawed at him or leaned against him in the newsroom or rubbed his shoulders even when he asked her not to.

Maybe he should talk to Perry about the paper’s sexual harassment policy. Even then he wasn’t sure he could get Linda to back off.
Now that you put it this way, yeah, if Clark were the one doing those things, he would already be on a plane to Gotham. But for some reason, when looked at it in a LnC fic, Linda doing the harassing is lots of fun clap /mutters something about it being a good thing that readers can be hypocrites laugh /

But he did want to pin her – it – down. No! he insisted to himself. Pin it down, Clark, not her! Get your mind out of the gutter, you pervert!
And while we're talking about harassment...

The preparations and waiting for Christie was well done and if we didn't know that Lucy didn't do it, she would be very high on the list of suspects, given her behavior.

He could hear Lois’ heartbeat.
cool

At least until she fell at his feet, begging him to take her as she was and run away to live a life of sybaritic pleasure with her.

He mentally doused himself with cold water. Yeah, that was gonna happen. Right after he flew out into space and destroyed an asteroid with his bare hands.
angel-devil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Not good about leaving fdk on a headache-y day, but I wanted to mention that I enjoy the line about the mental cold shower. It doesn't work that way, but he can still try.

Elisabeth
PS Did I miss something about your father?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Terry, I'm still praying for your family.

Clark is being too subtle for his own good. If he really wants to get through to Linda he's going to have to be direct, even if it hurts her feelings. When she says something like "When will you have the time?" he needs to say something like, "Not now, not ever. Leave me alone." She needs a two-by-four between the eyes. Of course he doesn't want to upset her in the middle of an assignment, but once this is over, he's going to have to step out of character and be blunt. Unless Lois beats him to it, of course. wink

I agree with Michael. Lucy is acting positively guilty. I foresee complications arising.

And poor Clark! He is really a goner! Good thing that Lois is close to being one, too, even if she doesn't realize it. They have some serious obstacles in their way, though, starting with Lois's musical ambitions.

Yeah, good thing they're not in Texas, since they don't have a fiddle in the band.

Take care, Terry. We'll still be here when you feel up to coming back.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
Kerth
Maybe Linda will get the idea when she sees Clark with Lois.

But, being Linda, maybe she won't.

Good part, Terry, particularly the end bit with Clark realising what we all knew right from the beginning. laugh

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family regarding your dad.

Corrina.

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
I want to thank all of you who have been praying for us. My wife and I drove for almost two days to spend four very good days at my father's bedside in the hospice. My younger sister was there also, and we exchanged "Dad" stories with each other and with his wife of six years.

To explain: My father remarried several years ago after a triple-bypass surgery and recovery. The wedding was held at my younger sister's house and I got to sing for them. It was great! I even got to tease the officiating minister.

Anyway, he passed away quite peacefully on Thursday afternoon. His breathing slowed and he just slipped away. The time we spent together in the hospice (and at the lunches and dinners) was called "an Irish wake without the booze." He was a veteran of three wars, a husband and father and grandfather and even a great-grandfather. He will be remembered with love and admiration.

Now, to the feedback.

Iolan: I'd never heard that about the bartenders' uniforms, but it makes sense. The management wouldn't want them pocketing the cash from the drinks.

Michael: Do we really know that Lucy didn't sneak back in and clobber Christie? And yeah, Linda's attitudes are going to come back and bite her soon.

Elisabeth: I know the cold showers don't really work, but sometimes a guy's got to do something!

HappyGirl: You're right about what Clark should do. But he's trying to handle this without hurting Linda's career. Don't know how much longer he'll be able to take it, though. And Lucy? RAFO

Female Hawk: Yes, Clark isn't always a total lunkhead.

Next chapter up in moments!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Michael: Do we really know that Lucy didn't sneak back in and clobber Christie?
Well, I'd say yes. After all, Christie heard something before was there so this would be the unseen killer. Of course, you could always pull an evil author and do the unexpected, like Lucy breaking in, then knocking, then returning to clobber. huh But I'll believe it when I see it. Sorry blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Terry,

This continues to be terrific. I really feel like I know many of the characters, and considering how many of them are original to this fic, that's saying a lot.

The back story of Lois and Lucy's life is incredible and it seems like it may explain some of the differences between our Lois and this one - perhaps she would already be at the Planet if her sister hadn't fallen in love with music.

I'm waiting eagerly for Christie's murder to be solved, although I suspect that won't happen until close to the end. But I can see so much potential for that part of the Metro Club story to really bring Lois and Clark together. I can only guess that Clark, who doesn't know any of the band members that well, might suspect Lucy did it (in addition to the police doing so).

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Anonpip, I'm glad you're reading! It's always gratifying to any writer to read positive comments about his or her work. But when you commented that Lois might already be at the Planet if her sister hadn't fallen in love with music, I think you're missing how much this Lois enjoys it. There's a point later on where she talks about this with Clark and one where she talks about it with Ramona, so I think you'll see that while she shares a great many traits with the canon Lois, she really isn't that Lois at all.

Looking for your next insightful comment!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I get that Lois loves music, but given her undercover work, I wondered if what led her to choose music over journalism was trying to protect Lucy. I could see her not being sure which she wanted to pursue and Lucy's love of music helping her make the decision. But maybe the conversations you mention will make it clear that she would have pursued music regardless of what Lucy wanted.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard