Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
We're almost to the press conference. hyper

Feedback here. Let me know what you think.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As ever, enjoying the primo bobbart fic. I like where Lois wonders if all their friends know and are just humoring them - I've often wondered.

And interesting take on the super-speed vs the super-strength - is this a reflection of gender roles in our society? Has Clark unconsciously absorbed those?

Looking forward to the press conference.

Kerth
Kerth
Aww! Lovely part, Bob.

Their closeness is coming through really well. And like every good relationship, it's a combination of the already-established and the still-discovering.

I'm really looking forward to that press conference.

Corrina.

Kerth
Kerth
This promises to be an interesting press conference. I hope that Clark will be there to ask at least a couple of questions. If they contrive for Lois to ask some that would be awesome...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No pressure there, Bob, but with all the buildup to the press conference, well, expectations are pretty high right now laugh

I was a bit surprised at Clark's superpowers == superstrength revelation and instantly reminded to fandom's perception of how he should have dealt with Nightfall. The Big Guy really seems to be a bit a Neanderthal, huh?

After I thought about it, I was a bit surprised that Lois hasn't told her parents yet and put it off till after the conference. After all, they know about Superman, so when Ultra Woman steps out there and flaunts her wedding ring, won't they know? And won't this run contrary to how Lois originally wanted to handle this, i.e. not tell them through the TV?

So, part 16 in 12 or so hours? hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Iolan:
I’m glad the story iss holding up so far.
is this a reflection of gender roles in our society? Has Clark unconsciously absorbed those?
This is exactly what I was thinking. In the series, I saw many times when issues would have been better resolved by using other powers. The heat vision and the super speed are very powerful of themselves (Cyclops of X-Men and the Flash) but all too often Clark seems to use Strength because that is what he thinks of first. When I look for an explanation I can’t help but think it’s a “guy” thing.

Corrina:
I’m glad the relationship is working. I have to admit that the relationship stuff is my favorite to write.

Marcus:
I’m growing more and more nervous about that press conference.

Michael:
Yes, that press conference… I’m not sure I’m up to the pressure. How about if we just call it done now and instead of Chapter 16 I just tack on “and they lived happily ever after”?

It’s funny that you mention Nightfall, I’ve already started on a revisioning of Nightfall that I’m very excited about. I wouldn’t say Clark is a Neanderthal, but I believe his approaches are heavily influenced by how a boy growing up on a farm might learn to do things if he suddenly developed the abilities that Clark has. As Iolan suggested, I see this as a growing-up / society influence thing. And to be perfectly honest, in the LnC universe, I see Lois as being much smarter than Clark.

As for the telling of her parents, what I was trying to achieve what that she was nervous and procrastinated. Then, events got away from her and between the distractions of Clark being gone and her appearance as Ultrawoman, she just never worked it in. Obviously, that will have its own set of consequences.

Thanks for the feedback.
Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't you dare wildguy Okay, I guess that's pretty much obsolete now.

Originally posted by bobbart:
And to be perfectly honest, in the LnC universe, I see Lois as being much smarter than Clark.
Yeah, she never did break up with Clark for his own good, did she?

Looking forward to the consequences laugh
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard