Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Wonderful part, Terry.

Can't wait to see the aftermath of that concert.

Don't have time for full FDK; just to let you know, you double pasted to the post.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Interesting that the highest insult she could publically dish was to publically praise them in such a way that they were merely the backup band. They have aspirations as more than just studio singers, but Christie--who lacks their talent--wants to steal their spot. Women can be so subtle in their attacks.

Elisabeth
PS You pasted that part in more than once

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hey, y'all, I'm different! Some people accidentally post the same thing twice. I pasted the text of the chapter twice in the same post! Ha! I bet nobody else is that dumb!

I finally did something really original!

Woody - thanks for the comments. I look forward to reading your enhanced feedback.

Elisabeth - it isn't just women who can be subtle. Men can be just as cutting. If Christie had been "one of the group" and dedicated to the success of the show for the entire time the band had been there, that little performance probably wouldn't have infuriated everyone. But she wasn't, so it did. Musicians can be overly sensitive about credit, too. Lennon and McCartney had some serious arguments over arrangements and writing credits, but they did okay for themselves.

Thanks for the feedback, y'all! Hope you enjoyed the link, too.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh! Picking a fight with both Lane girls and the rest of the Mountaintops?! This girl is *way* out of her league! devil

And, conveniently enough, Lois now knows who the money man is as well. Christie gave it away.

Enjoying the story, Terry. Keep it coming.

BTW, when you do something like double pasting, it doesn't mean you're dumb. It just means you're an absentminded creative genius. wink

This *is* my happily ever after.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
BTW, when you do something like double pasting, it doesn't mean you're dumb. It just means you're an absentminded creative genius. wink
Thanks, HG. I think you're brilliant. That's my alibi from now on. And thanks for reading.

Ramona knows the money guy by sight, not Lois, but you can be sure that the rest of the group will know soon enough. And yeah, Christie's in more trouble than she knows. evil is coming.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Yeah, Terry, it is creative genius. I almost started reading the second copy thinking it might be some kind of flashback or parallel.

I'm guessing she requested Lucy because she thought her playing would support her "number" better. Oh, I would hate to be Christie now. What good does getting the attention of a money man do if he's dead the next day? Johnny would do it, too. Hope the money man still saw the talent of the Mountaintops as a unit.

That reminds me. When you started indicating that she was singing to somebody in particular and that it wasn't Johnny, I started thinking Lex in a takeoff from IGACOY. That would have been very intriuging.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Loved the Lucy background, and oh boy, what's happening on the stage? Is Cristie trying to skip out on Johnny by hooking up with the big new fish in the lily pond?

Is it wrong to really enjoy reading the cattiness between the band and Christie?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard