Top Banana
She's back!

Bob

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Bob,

I LOVED your descriptions of Lois' thoughts and strategies in chapter 9. It also makes sense that the criminal element would figure out how to take advantage of Superman's preoccupation (I'd love to say 'well duh' but I don't want to emulate Tempus, ~.^)

I shake my head. The dejected looks on their faces make it clear I’ve gotten my point across.
Another line that I particularly liked, =D The imagery of the thwarted thieves pouting at Lois is hilarious.

Sara "Lieta"
Kerth
Kerth
That's REALLY going to annoy Intergang. Always a good thing, in my opinion. Wonder if there's a third wave of attacks planned...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderful parts, Bob. Great fun. goofy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, wonderful!!! And thank you for posting both chapters. I especially loved the interaction between Lois and Perry, but the conversation with Henderson was pretty good too.

dance dance dance dance dance

And I loved the "J" names. (It's especially funny to me because yesterday I found out they've gotten a new employee where I work: in addition to Joe and Juan, they now have a third guy on the outdoor staff named James.)

I'm looking forward to Ultrawoman's first press conference and some intelligent questions from the reporters there, once the stunned first reactions wear off. With Lois's experience asking the tough questions, I'm sure she'll have some great answers for them.

notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Sara:
Thanks. One of the ways I see Lois approaching things differently than Clark is that he has a tendency to go all “macho” when he’s in Superman mode. I see Lois as taking a different approach. I would expect Lois to “handle it” as quickly and efficiently as possible. In my first draft of her debut day, I had Lois acting and talking like Superman. It just didn’t feel like her. I wanted to have the debut sequence reflect Lois’s personality.

Marcus:
Yes. Intergang, or whoever planned for the “Superman free” day, will likely be very irritated. As for the rest of the day, we’ll see.

Michael:
With all the smart criminals that are in the series, I would think that there would be a standing police alert at MPD for when Superman is busy. As for Superman cutting back on his activities, that was from LaC. Shortly after Lara was born, after an especially trying day Lois laid down the law to Clark about balancing his Superman responses against his responsibilities to his family. It was “the Superman talk.” The result was a cut-back in his responses to more high-criticality calls.

cookjesmom:
I had both parts ready and have been anxious to get to her appearance. Your ‘J’ name story is funny. Maybe you should keep an eye out for a woman in a purple suit. laugh

Thanks everyone. smile

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How can Perry do this to me? I handle cops and criminals alike and am never that transparent. I still don’t know what I said or how I said it, but I feel like I might as well just go ahead and mail him the as-yet incomplete story of Ultra Woman’s return.
Perry is great! I've always had a fondness for him. And, as we all know, he didn't get to be the editor of the Daily Planet because he could yodel.

As I take off I hear one more question for Officer Wilson. “Are you going to be around?”
Great how you invert the Superman line from the movies: "I'll be around." Well done!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard