Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
There, Shadow, did I torture poor Clark enough for you? I did make Jim older and Lucy younger. I hadn't planned on writing this up, but since I had to have a possible solution in my head it was ready to come out when Dragon and FH asked so sweetly.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL definitely. I mean, it would have been too easy to start the story with an explanation. Instead, you have Clark tailing the two of them around in some tortured threesome, working day and night on cases together...it makes my skin crawl with darkness. Beautiful. :p

Thanks for writing!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
I actually saw both of your solutions coming (I recently read a very long fic which used the same basic premise as your ending, only with L&C--and they stayed together--and HiM was a pretty obvious answer), but you managed to keep me from guessing longer which scenario you were going with. Great job, both of you.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
Kerth
Nice, HappyGirl.

I liked your emphasis on annulment rather than divorce - and Lois's reactions to having such a matter publicly discussed were very in-character.

Going through Clark's agony at being the third wheel was great too.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I was all set to run screaming out of the forum during the first part of your ending, HG, but you pulled it out and left me with a smile on my face. thumbsup

Good job. You definitely tortured Clark (and me! wink ) but the reset made it worth it. smile

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, folcs. It was fun to write up, so thanks for the prodding.

wave waves to Kathy the fellow Hoosier

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Now we have two happy endings.

Fun read, HG

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Hooray for "Choose Your Own Adventure" fanfic! (Anyone else read those books?)

Not that I'm complaining, but it amuses me how no one can tolerate the idea of Lois and Jimmy actually being married (me included!).

So thanks for fixing it, and torturing Clark a little in the meantime was just fine, too. smile

Amber

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This was great, Happy Girl!

I loved the premise, by the way, but thought I'd put my feedback here instead of cluttering the boards with tons of old threads being bumped up.

I liked Jimmy in your story (both parts) - he seems familiar, and yet more mature. Very good depiction of an older Jimmy.

Clark's pain was palpable here and I loved how it's clear he stands a shot at the end of this.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, Anonpip. Jimmy is a doofus, but, unlike Tank, I like to think that he's redeemable. smile

(Um..., I mean that I, unlike Tank, like to think that Jimmy is redeemable, not that I like to think that Jimmy, unlike Tank, is redeemable.) laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard