Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback here please.

I plan to accelerate the posting schedule for the next few chapters.

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hurray! I'm glad to hear about the accelerated posting schedule, because I'm waiting anxiously for her actual debut. But I also loved the part about how she felt flying in Clark's arms.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What, no cape?! But it's tradition!

Glad to see that they've found a way to make Bernie happy. Just let him have a new guinea pig....

Also, it shows some consideration that they let him know ahead of time, as they said. He probably would have been hurt if he'd heard of UltraWoman's return on the news.

Glad to see, too, that you've thought about the Lara thing. Until she learns how to keep her mouth shut, they'll have to be cautious with her.

I'm really liking this story so far and can't wait to see where you go with it!

Kerth
Kerth
Bob, I really enjoy how you get into the practical detail which could so easily be overlooked.

An example from this part is the three rules of flying with Lara. Of course they would need to be careful - moreso as she grows older and more able to communicate.

I'm eagerly waiting for the description of Lois's new Suit!

Corrina.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
As long as Bob is including the 'practical' and problematic sides of Lois becoming Ultra Woman I look forward to her experimentation with figuring out how to shave and keep her hair trimmed up.

A change is a woman's hair style is going to be more noticable than it is with most guys so it will cause a greater danger to Ultra Woman's identity. It would be too bad if Ultra Woman had to wear a hood.

It could be a fun, 'comic relief' interlude.

Tank (who can almost see Clark and Lois in the bathroom, rays of heat vision flying all over the place trying to teach Lois the skill needed)

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bernie's stuff was sweet and fun. Guinea pig indeed laugh

“And…” Martha asked.

“And, no cape.”

We spent much of the rest of the evening convincing the master tailor that, with the right design, a cape was not necessary. It was a long discussion.
rotflol

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
cookiesmom:
For the flying, it seemed to me that even gaining the ability to fly would mean losing something. When I think about their connection and relationship, the idea that Lois would no longer be carried in his arms would carry a certain sense of loss.

Iolan:
I think I’ve seen “The Incredables” too many times. No capes! As for showing the powers in front of Lara, I wanted to go a completely different way. At one time I had Lois playing sky-coaster with Lara (Lara loved it, Clark was terrified. smile1 ) but it didn’t make the cut for several reasons.

Corrina:
Yes. The new suit… I can only hope that it turns out that my own vision for a suit is reasonable. I have to admit that I NEVER liked the look of her old UW suit. I’ve always thought that it looked like something a 13-year-old would wear.

Tank:
Those would be interesting but I’m afraid that level of detail will have to wait for another day. My intent was to cover only enough of “life’s little details” to be representative of the category of changes that Lois had to deal with. Things like leg and underarm hair care might have been fun but I just didn’t think of it for this fic. As for hair style changes, I agree that would be a concern as to identification.

Michael:
Bernie loves to run tests. It’s a chance to learn. That is the driver for most hard-core scientists. As for Martha and capes, I just couldn’t resist.

Thanks everyone. smile
Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard