OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nancy, the whole situation of Clark catching Steve and the ensuing revelations were so fun. And no, I'm not quoting the first half of the story laugh

And *yay* to the DP stuff clap Is the EOW inspired from the EOU from the Hitchhiker's Guide?

It was only as I was falling asleep that night, that I recalled the conversation I’d had with Star the night we met.

‘But at some point, I’m going to walk in on you barely dressed with my roommate.’ Was there any chance she was right?

I pulled Maddie closer to me. Of course there wasn’t.
Hmm... spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I also saw a nod to the HGttG. BTW, what's a dining credit? At the small college I went to, the only place to eat on campus other than the cafeteria was the Snack Shack. They accepted cash. Does a dining credit mean that the school pays them for the students' dinner? So why would students eat at the cafeteria then if they can have a sit-down meal for the same price?

Elisabeth

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Michael and Elisabeth!

So, to start, I have virtually no knowledge of the Hitchhiker's Guide, so no, the EOW is not based on the EOU. What is the EOU? I looked online, but couldn't find anything?

The EOW was based on the one sit-down restaurant on campus where I went to college. Apparently, years before, there was a bridge that led from the library to the student union. At some point the bridge no longer led to the library and then they built a sit-down restaurant at that end of the bridge. It was called End of the Bridge (or EOB for short). I'm sure it's long gone, now, though as the student union was torn down and built someplace else a year or so after I left. And sadly that was so long ago, it's likely the new student union has been replaced by now, too...

Yes, Elisabeth - a dining credit is exactly what you thought. On the campus where I went to school they could be used all over - for example there was a dining hall that was essentially a fast-food court and you could use dining credits to get things like meal deals. (Over the weekend, we went out for pie at a restaurant nearby that is across the street from a college campus. They had a sign up saying they took dining credits from the college as well, so I guess they can sometimes be used off campus as well.) As someone who lived off-campus, I didn't have meal credits so I can't recall how they translated to meals at EOB, but I recall that at the end of the semester EOB would be packed with people taking all their commuter friends out to dinner to use up dining credits.

I can't say for sure why we never went aside from then, but I can make a couple of guesses. Basically, it was pretty small (maybe 20-30 tables), it had a bar as well, and it was the only place on campus that served alcohol. My guess is that most nights, it was crowded with upper classmen and so it was hard to get a table.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Just a thought Elisabeth - a meal at the caf/student union might be... 30 credits and at the other place 50 or something like that. Where a drink might be 10. Not a clue just a thought smile .

Carol

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
nice part - although, have I been hiding under a rock, cuz a jerk like Steve, unless he was super-hot, definitely wouldn't get as many girls falling all over him for one-night stands...at least not where I went to college....

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Sorry for the delayed response, Sarah. It's been busy here. smile

I imagine Steve as moderately attractive. Perhaps not as attractive as you might think given his success with women, but he has the right attitude, which I've generally seen as more important than looks. And besides, not all of these women know Steve is just looking for a one-night stand. Remember, we know very little about Steve's conversation with these women before and after.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard