OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
What an exchange between L & C. She doesn't even realize how highly she's being complimented. And such a funny way to end the part. Of course, he'll look guilty in the retelling. She's a journalist; of course, she knows how to spin things.

Elisabeth

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
great part! i agree with clark though - what kind of dad is maddies father? sheesh!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, you keep mentioning not being evil, and I do want to believe it, really, I do. So. Nancy is not evil. Again. Nancy is not evil. Hmm, okay, let's just pretend that worked blush

Maddie's family is afraid of conflict? Oh boy, there is the creepy cousin coming to visit and grouping their (probably back then still underage) daughter in the living room and they're standing their, hugging each other while sipping wine and thinking, 'Look, isn't this sweet? They're so in love and will give us lot's of happy grandchildren' razz mad

I don't have to like her family, do I? But you are right, it's not Lois you put in this position, so... not evil blush

But I can't help but wonder if Clark is going to deck the creepy cousin eventually. Just a little. Not like Cloneman did to the criminal during his attempted escape.

So, what else... Hmm, wonder if Maddie seeking refuge at Chateau de Clark is going to have repercussions. Aside from Steve having to eat out when he's hungry.

Enter Lois and Clark. I just can't help it, but the way they're talking, it always sounds like flirting, at least subconsciously. Either that, or Clark is her gay best friend goofy

So, what could happen from here:
- Dave finds her at Clark's place and tells her parents or better, gives her an ultimatum.
- Maddie and Steve decide they like each other a little too much.
- Maddie finds Lois and Clark comparing bra-sizes.

But since you are not evil, it's probably something like this:
- Maddie and Clark eventually split-up amicably during the second semester. Now Clark is free to pursuit other interests.

Michael, realizing that maybe the evilness is in the reader's mind devil

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I certainly hope that Lois and Clark don't compare bra sizes. Somehow that doesn't sound platonic and friendly.

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Sorry - it doesn't seem possible that I haven't been online since Thursday, but I'm pretty sure it's true. I would have expected that until the baby was born I'd have tons of free time, but so far the days are going quickly. I wouldn't even be online now except I couldn't sleep and it's a bit too early to go out as the pharmacy isn't open yet.

Unfortunately, the not being online is actually just not being on the computer so I've gotten no writing done either, but I'll post the next chapter today anyway. I should get back to writing in the next day or so as long as the baby decides to stay where she is.

Elisabeth - I think you are completely correct - Lois has no idea that Clark is complimenting her. I don't think she's used to that and so it's never occured to her.

And no worries - there's no Lois and Clark comparing bra sizes coming up.

Sarah - Sadly Maddie's father is based on someone I know. And he's basically like Maddie describes him - he's really not evil although he probably would't win any dad of the year awards either.

Michael - Hmmmm... I really don't think I'm evil - and particularly compared to some others around here. I have to agree, though, the Maddie situation is not all warm and fuzzy. And while I needed Maddie to have a secret of her own, perhaps it didn't have to be this. But it just worked so well...

Enter Lois and Clark. I just can't help it, but the way they're talking, it always sounds like flirting, at least subconsciously. Either that, or Clark is her gay best friend
rotflol

I think it's probably the former. Although I like the idea of the latter. Would definitely make an interesting premise for a story.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by anonpip:
I think it's probably the former. Although I like the idea of the latter. Would definitely make an interesting premise for a story.
/shoos plot bunny away/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
If I can wander OT, is everything alright? Surely you aren't visiting the pharmacy for birth control at this point.

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks for asking, Elisabeth, but yes, everything is alright. You are correct, no birth control for me right now. I'm on extra folic acid - about five times what you can get over the counter. Nothing seriously wrong at this point, but I have a blood condition that impacts the health of my placenta. This is why they thought I'd give birth early - my daughter is small due to this blood condition and they were afraid it would worsen and I'd stop providing her enough nutrition.

So far, though, everything has remained okay and so I just need to keep taking the extra folic acid to make sure it stays that way. But given how far along I am, her size (which is small, but not so small to raise huge amounts of alarm), and how closely they are watching me, there's virtually no chance of any harm coming to either of us.

Again, thanks for asking/caring!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard