Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Terry wave

I don't have any brilliant insights on this part, but just wanted to say that I'm interested and reading, so keep it coming!

You got me again with the non-fraternization policy. I immediately thought of it applying to Lois, but of course it applies to Linda as well. How convenient for Cholly. wink

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Terry - great part as ever. I particularly like the band nitty-gritty - it's obvious you've been there and you know your stuff.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I thought the ending was ominous. Toni is a player trying not to look like one--a very fine line.

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm, Clark's Linda-troubles are quite entertaining laugh

I am a bit surprised that Luthor himself is taking an interest in the band. I mean, sure he's a control-freak and everything, but unless he has ulterior motives, it sounds like he is stretching himself pretty thin there.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hi, y'all!

HappyGirl, glad you're still reading. Don't worry about not having anything brilliant. I don't either.

Iolan, you're right, I've done time on stage. I really like it, too. What I don't like is dealing with bad bookings, bandmates who cancel rehearsals for no good reason, players who only want to be with the band to get some "good road stories," hurt feelings, grudges, tearing down, setting up, eating dinner hours away from home, getting back so late it's early the next day - hey, maybe this musician life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Elisabeth, glad you caught the ominous music playing underneath the ending. There's evil afoot!

Michael, you have to remember that Luthor is all about power and means to power. If he can influence the public with a hit band and make money on top of that, he'll make the time. Besides, it isn't as if he's going on the road with them. And I'm glad you find Linda entertaining. I don't think Clark does.

Next part up very soon! Let me know how you like it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm, interesting. I never figured professional music was more than a way to make money huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
I'm late, Terry, but I'm still reading.

Nice part.

I really don't like Linda King - which is hard for me to type because that is exactly the name of one of my closest friends!

I loved the 'cobra smile' near the end - perfect description.

Corrina.

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Hi Terry,

I know this is insanely late, but I don't get on enough lately to read stories part way through - by the time I get back to them, I've forgotten what they are about. So, I started this ages ago, then realized it wasn't all posted and have been eagerly waiting for you to finish it so I can read it in totality (a few chapters at a time, but each time I log on this is the first place I'll go rather than only when you've posted a part and I'm online).

I should leave comments on every part, but often I don't have hands free (most of my reading time right now is while doing something else), and of course, is often interrupted by a crying baby.

So, I'll try to leave comments every couple of chapters or so.

So far, I'm loving this. I'm just a step up from music illiterate, so there's lots here I don't know, but I'm not finding that it impacts my ability to follow the story.

Right now, I'm in awe at your ability to weave familiar characters into this new universe you've created. They keep popping up when I least expect them - case in point being Wanda Detroit and Lex. I'm already curious - will Lois stay with the Mountaintops or follow her alter-ego and join up with Clark at the Planet?

I'm also intrigued with the Silent Vigilante. I'm curious about Clark's development from here to Superman and how much of it will mirror the story I'm working on now.

It will also be interesting to see Clark's relationship with Perry develop here. Clearly, it still needs some work...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard