Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here.

The posting schedule will be roughly every two or three days.

Bob

Kerth
Kerth
Hi Bob

Firstly I have to admit I haven't read the previous stories, blush , but there is so much I want to read and just not enough time.

However, I did read this part and found it really enjoyable. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it.

I thought Lois's reaction to having powers was great - and the first person worked wonderfully in explaining her feelings.

Having powers would have two sides - good and bad - and you brought that out really well.

Loved Clark's line right at the end - so typically Clark.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Liking this. Actually, I thought that the whole "KE" thing as an explanation for powers was really well thought-out and very plausible.

This of course means that there will be more female supers than male. The females can be born that way or can develop their powers when pregnant (as Lois did.) The males can only be born with the powers. Will that be important for the future of Utopia?

Having the powers - I agree with the previous poster that it's a tremendous responsibility. Lois has the willies now, with good reason. What is she going to do? Plus, having her three roles, as Clark said, she's got a full life already.

You've set up some great questions in this fic and I'm really looking forward to see how you answer them!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
They broke the bed? rotflol

I like the first person narrative. In some ways first person is easier to write, and in some ways it's harder. This gives the story an intensity and an immediacy that third person sometimes lacks. And since this is essentially Lois' story, we get to see what happens through her eyes.

You're right, Lois would be torn by the potential of her new abilities. Her daughter and her husband need her, and she really is a heroine already. She doesn't have to be Ultra Woman to be a hero.

Still, the title hints that she will put on that awful costume once again and fly around helping people. I wonder if Martha will have to let it out a little? Now that she's had a baby, of course. Remember "Gone With The Wind?"

Miz Scarlett, you ain't nevah gonna have no eighteen-inch waist again now that you done had a baby!
And I agree, the KE explanation of Superman's powers is probably the best one ever. It should be canon!

I'm going to be following this one, Bob. It's already very good and I'm sure it will only get better.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Corrina:
I’m so pleased that you decided to give this a try without having the background of LaC. You really may wish to take a look at that part of First Flights. It will only take a few minutes to read and will help with some of what is to come.

I’m glad you liked the first person presentation of Lois. At first I was determined that this would *not* be a first-person presentation but Lois was *very* insistent that she have hew own voice. After all, this is her story.

Iolan:
I like the KEs too. If it wasn’t for them I would have never written anything in the first place and I would probably still be lurking. They play only a small part in this story but there can’t be an LaC sequel without some serious Bernie time.

You are exactly correct and in this universe there will tend be more super females than males. When I first developed the KE theory of powers and the method of passing along powers, I spent some time considering the implications of this potential vector for transferring the abilities. It would make for an interesting cultural impact in a few generations for two reasons:
1. Super males have to worry about their relationships and the potential for passing the powers along to a possibly temporary partner.
2. The fact that the majority of the “supers” will be female.
The whole thing brings new meaning to the idea of a “super ex-girlfriend”.

Terry:
Yes, they broke the bed. My original plan was to have Lois admit to the other explanation for how the bed was broken. However, it's been done and it just felt a bit crude. Anyway, I chickened out out and rewrote the scene to something less... well, less. Now, whether they were wrestling or "wrestling" I'll leave to the reader. blush

I’m glad you thought that the first-person approach was effective. As you say, it’s both easier and harder to approach the story this way. I just hope it doesn’t blow-up on me.

When I watch the end of the Ultra Woman episode, I come away convinced that Lois was happy to give that responsibility back to Clark. Now, with the additional responsibilities of Lara, I see Lois being conflicted. There are all those reasons to not bring back Ultra Woman but… well, we’ll see.

As for her figure, I remember that Clark can eat all the junk food he wants and still look the way he does. It seems only fair that the KEs would do the same for Lois. smile

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As for her figure, I remember that Clark can eat all the junk food he wants and still look the way he does. It seems only fair that the KEs would do the same for Lois. [Smile]
All right, bobbart! This is a stickup! Hand over some of those KE's right now!

Signed, Iolanthe (who is watching her figure and won't allow herself to eat junk food except on very rare occasions, but still likes it!)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Stayed up late the other night reading all of Luck and Consequences--don't know how I missed it before! Anyway, I'll definitely keep reading this one as you post. Lois will give new meaning to the phrase "trying to be Supermom."

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bob, this is an awesome start. Loved their bed-breaking laugh

Wonder how Lois is going to come around to putting on tights again laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Iolan:
I suspect there would be quite a market for KEs that did nothing more than weight control and body shaping. I guess the interesting part is that I wouldn’t be surprised to see something like that in real life within the next 50 years or so. Until then we all get to diet and exercise.

cookiesmom:
Stayed up late the other night reading all of Luck and Consequences…
I’m touched that you made the effort to read LaC. I hope you enjoyed it. That was my first-ever effort. As for being a Supermom, I believe that all moms are Supermoms. And of course, who would be better suited for that role than Lois Lane.

Michael:
The bed breaking was fun. The Fabulous Beverly kept telling me that I should have been explicit that the bed was broken during more – provocative – activities. She was probably right. As for what might move Lois to put on the tights, well, stay tuned.

Thank you all for the FDK. smile1

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard