OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I stood here, just holding her, while she cried some more. Eventually, she backed away. “I’m sorry,” she said with a sniffle. “I probably over reacted.”

“No,” I assured her. “You didn’t. Really. Maddie, I’m so…
clap clap clap

“In fact, I was so impressed with your article that I sent a copy over to Paul Bender and he will be calling you shortly to give you a place on the Met Titan. Your article for my class will be on the front page of next week’s addition.”
Wonderful

Framework4
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This was a great part! You portrayed Lois and Clark's feelings about their class/articles really well - I was excited for them! Any chance they're going to end up writing an article together for the next class?

I'm starting to get really concerned about this thing with Maddie...

More soon please!
Amber

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm, I still think Clark's behaving like a typical guy towards Maddie confused Oh well huh

The whole being called into the teacher's office build-up had me really scared. For instance, did Lois steal Clark's story and they both get thrown out, etc...

I chuckled, and both Lois and Professor Matthews looked at me strangely. “Sorry,” I said, feeling myself flush. “It’s just that you were right, Lois. You are the first freshman to ever be given a place on the Titan.”

“Except for Linda,” Lois pointed out and I shook my head. She was right, but did Linda really count? Lois would be the first freshman published.
huh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Okay, I should still be doing stuff for the baby, but I'm using my edema as an excuse to rest. I mean, I need to have my feet up, right? Even if edema late in pregnancy is normal and nothing to be concerned about. I think? Okay, the argument sort of falls apart there, but I'm sticking with it anyway.

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully now that I'm on maternity leave I'll get more writing done. I have a fair amount of buffer and one of my short term goals is to get it ready for posting, so even if I don't finish, Carol can post parts occasionally while I'm offline. That will make me feel better about falling off the face of the Earth.

Patrick - Personally, while I am creating him, of course, I'm finding young Clark often would benefit from a bus running him over. Too bad he's invulnerable!

Thanks, Amber! While I've just started working on their articles for next semester, I don't have them writing together. The truth is, I don't see it happening in this story. While they are definitely friends, the truth is this year is all about the internship for them and they need to compete for that. I don't see Lois wanting to write with Clark. Given his success this semester, she's going to want to make sure she shines just as bright before the Planet application. Even if she doesn't succeed, writing with Clark basically eliminates that chance.

Michael - I agree - Clark is behaving like a typical guy. In my experience, even really great guys do have a habit of doing this occasionally. They usually snap out of it, but it happens from time to time.

Sorry about the scare with being called into the prof's office. It just seemed reasonable to me that he'd want to see them - and then it seemed reasonable that Lois and Clark would freak out about it.

I can see your point on his calling Paul after he read Lois' story before he read the rest of the articles. What I'm imagining, though, is someone who has taught this class lots of times. Maybe every semester for 5-10 years. So, he has a good idea of the quality of the writing he normally sees. And since writers like Lois and Clark don't come around all the time, he sees Lois' article and it never even occurs to him that there would be anything better, so why would he wait?

I hadn't considered your point about Clark's lack of experience compared to Lois'. But I don't think it will actually make much difference - remember that Lois is the first freshman to ever make it onto the paper (well, without sleeping with Paul), so that's a definite plus for her, but the lack of it is not a negative for Clark. Hard to say which Perry will value more - a few months of experience on a college paper (Clark has worked on his high school paper and the Smallville Press) or an article that he himself has approved for print in the DP.

As for Lois/Linda/Paul... I'm not saying except to promise that Linda remains a background character for this story (at least as far as I am now in my writing).

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Woohoo! What a great happenstance for both of them. They worked hard and deserved the accolades.

I think there's a lot more to what's going on with Maddie than meets the eye.

Elisabeth

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Elisabeth. As you've probably figured out by now, you are correct about Maddie...

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
The professor was quite interesting though, in that he took the first story that he felt was good and set the student up with the paper. Shouldn't he have read the others first and then chosen the best?
If he felt it was up to the paper's standard he did the right thing. It is not a contest, it is a class.

So what if the next paper he reads is even better, he calls the Student paper and says here is another. And so on..

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard