Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Very interesting part. Well written story, certainly grabs one's attention.

I don't want to run a crime syndicate. I want to run a conglomerate. In five years, if I have my way, all Metro business is going to be legitimate. A legitimate corporation with me as CEO. I want to take what my father started and make him proud, put our name up there with the captains of commerce, the Lansings, the Schwabs, the Luthors. No more dirty money, no more shady deals.”
Very interesting take on Toni Taylor. Even more interesting is that she showed up at his place AFTER seeing him with Lola/Lois.

Parents Martha and Jonathan Kent died in a car wreck July 4, 1988.
An AltVerse AU and no Lana, interesting.

• Bachelors of Science in Aerodynamic Physics and Astronomy with a minor in Math
  • Summer study program between the Junior and Senior year in Istanbul, Turkey
  • Bachelors Degree in Criminal Law
  • Jayhawk football. Wide receiver
  • Eagle Scout,
This Clark has been busy.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the comments, framework. I can't take credit for Toni's wanting to run a conglomerate. That was in Thania St. John's original script. The timing and place of the conversation are mine, though. And so is Clark's background. More will be revealed as we go along.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
juicy part! keep it coming!

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very interesting twist on the LnC universe and IGaCoY. I'm very curious about this version of Clark Kent. I hope we get a little more of his backstory soon.

Also, Lois must be going crazy about Charlie. Who is he really? Why did he provide her with cover? Why does he still ignore her spying? And I'm sure that a background search on Charlie King is yielding her no answers. Unless business tycoon James Olsen is really Jimmy Olsen - computer geek extraordinaire. Maybe he's been able to figure out that Charlie doesn't really exist. What will Lois do if she understands he's there undercover too?

More soon, please.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Interesting triangle between Charlie/Lola and Charlie/Toni. And I love the last line.

Elisabeth

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Just want to let you know I'm still reading and that I think this universe is fascinating...wasn't expecting this to be an alt-universe of a sort. And a physics degree - very interesting. This is a great setup!

Looking forward to more!
Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for all the feedback! It really is addicting! Yes, there is a reason for Clark's interest in physics. He had no parents to guide him during the advent of his powers, so he had to figure out a lot of things by himself.
More revelation to come!
cool
Artemis

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, that kiss totally caught me off guard.
Clark released her fully, holding her by the elbow until she seemed steady on her feet, and nodded to the doorway. “Toni was coming and I thought you needed an excuse to be here where you possibly could be caught spying on the Metro Gang.”
Hmm, shouldn't Lois be surprised that the bartender isn't surprised about her spying on the Metro Gang. After all, he hasn't told him she is a reporter, has she?

“Clark Jonathan Kent. Born Smallville, Kansas, June 10, 1978. Parents Martha and Jonathan Kent died in a car wreck July 4, 1988. No other relatives. Sent into foster care.
Poor Clark clap Wonder how the whole Lois/Clark/Toni/Lex thing is going to turn out before Lois and Clark get together and Toni goes to jail or witness protection spider

More, soon?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Hi Artemis,

Wow! This is definitely a fun romp. So Toni is good? Or is she putting on a front? I'm guessing Luthor is behind the Toasters in this story?

The Kents are dead? This is not the alternate universe, is it?

Okay, sooo many questions. I'll shut up and keep on reading.

Lote

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This feels like an elseworld set in the alt-universe to me.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's exactly right, Elisabeth. It's alt-Clark with a different outcome. But this is his universes Lois, not the LnC Lois.
cool
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, Clark has been busy. My guess he doesn't like to spend much time alone... likes to keep himself occupied.

He better stop smiling at Lois like he knows exactly what she's heard when he's been outside and she was spying from inside. He's going to raise her radar. About Charlie's backstory, they'd be remiss not to have given him one.

Tried to read on the Archive, but it's in the old Courier font and my eyes just can't handle it on the computer screen. Oh darn, guess that means more feedback for you on the MB. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard