Print Thread
#63815 05/29/09 05:05 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments are always appreciated. Complaints are welcome (but less so).

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
“You know what?” Maddie asked me. “I don’t know what your deal is today, Clark, but you are not behaving anything like my boyfriend, and I’m not all that fond of this version of Clark Kent.” With that she spun on her heel and stormed off.
Oh good. hyper Glad that is over.

I loved the whole can't have the farm because I'm weird thing. Delightful.

Framework4
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
poor clark. sigh.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“You know we can’t leave it to Clark,” I heard Dad say.
mecry
“Although, we are going to work on that,” Mom said. “You had no business eavesdropping on our conversation, young man.”
Yeah, that comes from hearing too many things. But I would have figured, given how affectionate Martha and Jonathan are usually said to be, it would be a top priority for young Clark to learn and shut off his hearing laugh

“You know, if I wanted to date a flake, I would have gone out with your roommate,” she said, and if I had missed the clues before, it was pretty clear she was angry now.
Umm... Clark? cat wallbash

“You know what?” Maddie asked me. “I don’t know what your deal is today, Clark, but you are not behaving anything like my boyfriend, and I’m not all that fond of this version of Clark Kent.” With that she spun on her heel and stormed off.
Yeah, I can see that. This is the Lois Lane Boyfriend version.

You know, Nancy, for some reason this part felt awfully short. But it wasn't, was it? More? Please? Soon?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll try to log on again tomorrow and respond and post the next part. Spent all night tonight folding mounds of baby clothes - aren't you jealous? Still have a little left, but think I'll be able to be able to finish early enough to get online before bed time tomorrow...

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Felt short to me, too. (Is that unwelcome criticism?)

Elisabeth

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Okay, sorry. I never got to finish my laundry folding tonight and it's now close to bed time, so don't really have time for feedback response either.

A fast response to Michael and Elizabeth is that I don't think this chapter was any shorter than the average for this story (and no, Elizabeth, that isn't unwelcome criticism. As long as it's not mean-spirited, no criticism is unwelcome). In general, the chapters in this story are a bit shorter than general. No good reason except that I'm less "ingrained" in this story, if that makes any sense. Usually when I'm writing something long like this, much of my free time is spent thinking about it. Since recently I have less free time and much of what I do have is spent thinking about things that need to get done rather than writing, I'm finding writing more difficult. Basically, everyime I sit down to write, I have to decide where to start and when I finish a scene, I'm often not sure where to go next.

I know this doesn't directly correlate with shorter chapters, but basically it just feels harder to get anywhere when I'm writing and so I tend to decide I've finished a chapter a little sooner.

The only reason I can think of why this chapter may have felt shorter than the others, rather than that all the chapters seem shorter, is the long flashback. Not a lot happened in this chapter (although, personally, I really like this flashback).

Thanks everyone for the comments! Hopefully next week, when I'm not working, things will be a bit easier. Right now, between all the things I have to do still to prepare, pregnancy related exhaustion, and trying to tie things up at work, I feel like I don't have any free time.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard