Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
I love the title!

This was just the thing I needed after working 14 hours doing more than one job, even though I'm not being paid for anything. I'm bushed, and I needed to kick my feet up.

I love the way you turn a descriptive phrase. The last they saw was her hennaed hair. It says a lot about her.

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A really intriguing beginning to a story. I enjoyed it very much although I am "musically illiterate." (I can recognize band names from the 70s but my kids have to explain who everyone else is.) I can't wait for the next part!

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Very detailed start. Is this a crossover with something?

Framework4
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Thanks for the early feedback! I'll try to respond more promptly to the comments on this story.

Glad the title pleases you, Elisabeth. Sure beats the first one I had.

Don't worry about being musically illiterate, Cookiesmom. There won't be a test anywhere along the line.

Not a crossover, Frame. The Mountaintops and their members are original with me, and I hope you like at least three of them. smile But I will say that I've played with people who are like each one of the musicians you'll meet in this story.

I plan to post twice a week on this one. And for those who don't like extra-long chapters, let me reassure you that this is the longest one of the story. And I had to almost wrestle with Lucy and Shamika to get them to shut up already! These ladies love to talk.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Interesting set up for a story. I'll be looking forward to see where this goes and how this very different alt world impacts our favorite characters.

Tank (who finds it proper that Lois is the bass player since everyone knows that the bass player is always the heart and soul of any band)

Kerth
Kerth
Hmm, I'm intrigued. No, not intrigued. Hooked. smile So, what will Clark be? Their security guy? Or their manager? *g*

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to see you're posting, Terry! This is an excellent start and I'm looking forward to more of it!

Merriwether
Merriwether
I had to read this after you earwormed me (Alabama doesn't usually get stuck in there). Very interesting beginning. I kept wondering who the third person was, but now we know he's just a guy. Can't wait to see where this goes.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank, you're absolutely right. Without a bass player who can lock in with the drummer, it's just people whanging away and making noise.

We'll meet Clark very soon, Lara, don't worry. And he might be just a little different - but not much.

Thanks, Iolan. Your beta work is priceless (as is the beta work of Carolm, Elisabeth, and DsDragon).

Thanks for reading, Karen. No, Tim was just a "filler" guy and isn't part of the story. And the "Mountain" part of the title refers to the band in this story, not an older pop-country band.

Let me take a moment to credit Dandello's random character generator (found here) which I used several times to name some minor characters. It's an excellent tool.

Next part will show up Monday. Look for the next issue of your favorite fictional West Coast music magazine!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Terry!

Unusual start for a Lois and Clark story and I did wonder who the boy was that showed up on the stage with Lois and Lucy. And an interesting choice for the Mountaintops-characters. They do seem like an odd group. Wonder what's up with that beyond just being creative smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard