Friends or Lovers
Folc4evernaday
Part 10

Albie Swinson paced the floors of the Gables estate, agonizing over his plight. How could he save Metropolis from its fate? Stanley Gables was obviously mad. What to do? Wait a minute, those reporters that the grave digger had chased off the property … maybe they could help. He only hoped it wasn’t too late.

Clark stared down at Lois as he held her securely in his arms. He had dreamed of this so many nights for the last few years. It had seemed like a pipe dream for so long. Recently he had seen hope. Now he was living the reality of being with Lois Lane and making love with her.

Lois smiled up at him, lazily. “Do you have any idea how many times I dreamed about this?”

“Probably no more than I dreamed about it as well,” he murmured against her ear.

“First it was Superman, and then it was Clark…” she said, seductively teasing his pebbled nipple.

“You fantasized about Clark?” he asked in disbelief. He knew she had had her fantasies about Superman but Clark…

“I suppressed so much, trying to hide,” she whispered.

He leaned down to kiss her. “We were both trying to hide.”

She smiled up at him. “I don’t know why. Oh, Clark…” She wrapped her arms around him more securely. He rolled them over so they were on their sides, and then pulled her to him.

“I love you, Lois Lane,” he whispered.

“I love you, Clark Kent,” she whispered, turning to recapture his mouth.

The next morning, Lois Lane woke to the sound of a ringing telephone by her bed. She took a moment to assess her surroundings. Clark lay next to her, his arms wrapped protectively around her slim body. She smiled at his sleeping figure and sat up to answer the phone.

“Hello?” she said groggily.

“Lois Lane? This is Albie Swinson. You’ve got to help me,” the man said hurriedly over the phone.

Lois was still tired from last night’s activities. “Albie Swinson?”

“Please, the toxins in his body are poisoning his mind. He’s going to kill innocent people,” Albie pleaded with her.

That got Lois’ attention. “Who?”

Albie was speaking in a hushed whisper now, “Gables. I can’t say any more on the phone. Meet me at Whispering Pines, plot 29B in half an hour.”

Lois hung up the phone and looked over at Clark with an amused look.

“Well, back to work,” she muttered, grudgingly.

“Who was that?” Clark asked sleepily as he began to wake up.

“Albie Swinson. He has information for us about Stanley Gables.”

“Albie? Isn’t that the same guy we had Jimmy do a background check on?”

“The same.”

“Well, let’s go. See what he has to say.”

TBC

Last edited by folc4evernaday; 10/28/16 12:30 PM. Reason: Update

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube