cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. I'm enjoying it. I loved your use of facial recognition software.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love it! I love stories where Clark is competent and respected right from the start. It puts L & C on even ground. Looking forward to seeing where you take it from here. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Although this is a AU, everything seems to be on track with IGaCoY, but I'm enjoying the slight differences; Clark isn't a reporter and Lola/Lois apparently hasn't met Luthor before.

Clark caught Lois eavesdropping in the supply room -- it'll be interesting to see if Clark discloses his identity to her or whether he'll rat Lois out as the 'leak'.

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Framework4 Glad you like the techie stuff. I plan to use a lot of it. That's why I moved the AU 10 years forward and will use many things we have today!
HappyGirl Yes, I like a competent Clark too. Also he's not competition with Lois. But he still has insecurities due to his differences.
BJ
Clark caught Lois eavesdropping in the supply room -- it'll be interesting to see if Clark discloses his identity to her or whether he'll rat Lois out as the 'leak'.
Ah yes. The choices here. It's in the next part.
Thanks for your comments all.
cool
Artemis

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I like that you have the confidence to suggest new music. It works better than the chicken suit number.

Elisabeth

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Elisabeth. The magic of google allows me to find lyrics! I love the old standards. I think Cole Porter is coming toward the end. The episode used music, so I thought I should too.
cool
Artemis

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Oh, I wish we had a bug at that table,” Henderson finally muttered.

“Maybe Kent does?” Gomez asked hopefully.
goofy

Clark gathered the needed bottles and returned to the bar on the reverse path. Suddenly, the band, which had been playing soft jazz, struck up the fanfare again
Ouch dizzy

She cast a gesture and a wink at Luthor. Could she be more obvious about…something? Clark hoped steam wasn’t coming out of his ears.
Jealous that the little showgirl makes big eyes at the billionaire?

Clark was astonished to see that at the words “Metro Club”, all three guys turned white as sheets and Second Guy threw the wallet down on the ground and pleaded “Forget it. We weren’t here. We’re ghosts.” With that, the trio turned and fled deeper into the alley.
Why am I suddenly hearing mob-tunes.

That person was Lois Lane, a reporter for the Daily Planet. Why hadn’t he recognized such a prominent person? Then he remembered that the Daily Planet didn’t print pictures or sketches of its reporters to preserve their anonymity for undercover work.
At least until they become so famous that one marries a world-renowned philanthropist and the billboards with their faces sell more papers than the stories they write :p

An undercover reporter looking into doings at the Metro Club and most likely targeting Lex Luthor.
Lex Luthor? Why? huh

jump

Liked the expansions on the Metro-stuff and the cops are fun laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Michael Glad you liked it. Yes, definitely mob music in the background. As for targeting Luthor it could be because Lola wants to be Mrs. Luthor or at least a girlfriend goofy , or Lois wants an interview with the second richest man in the world.
cool
Artemis

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm really enjoying this story...I love how you've changed things up. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Amber

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I love the different take on the standard story line. I am also very glad you let Clark be competent figure out that he is really dealing with Lois Lane and not some potentially shady lounge singer. Great beginning and looking forward to more

robinson
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the encouraging words, amberlea and robinson. Part 3 is half done. This Clark also has a totally different background that puts him on the track to the FBI.
cool
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fun! I love that Clark likes the singer so much that he looks her up on the facial recognition. That's a good use of the taxpayer dollars there Kent. laugh

Yes, will he blow her cover? I'm betting he might for one of two reasons. 1) her safety or 2) jealousy over Luthor.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard