Print Thread
#63619 05/19/09 03:37 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
So far this week has been crazy, but hopefully I'll have more time the rest of the week so I'll be able to actually respond to feedback.

Even if I don't, though, I greatly appreciate it. Hint, hint. wink

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful take on the story. I look forward to Clark's paper being something the student paper would never publish. And I hope it ends up it making it into the Planet.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loving this story so far. It's intimate; Clark isn't yet all flashy and superhero-y. I like how you show that Clark is practicing the super feats as the Boy in Black, and he's also learning to handle being away from home and meeting new people as a freshman at college.

You've also done a good job with the early Lois, showing her fears and insecurities as well as the facade of confidence she puts on. I like how she only reveals her inner self to Clark (as we know, it's meant to be!)

Maddie - a well-drawn character, but how can I like her too much when I know she's not the one for Clark? But she's good as an "obstacle" to get past. This is rather unfair to her as I'm sure she'll have a role to play in the fic. Why is she crying? What happened in the fight? Now you've got me wondering.

Please post more soon!

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
sweet part. more?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois made a quiet gagging sound next to me, but I wasn’t sure I would have been able to hear it without my super-hearing. I gave her a small smile.
So jealous.

Nancy, I was quite surprised that they blab their stories in the middle of the mess hall. Sure, better to get bitten now than later, but still, especially Clark's story, he should at least not talk about it where anybody can overhear him.

Lois flushed again. “The guidance counselor in high school said it would be good for me to live on campus. She suggested I had some immaturity when it came to people skills.”
grumble Me too wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I am enjoying this story very much and I like seeing the developing relationships all around

robinson
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm getting caught up in Clark's excitement over his story - it's good stuff!

And good for Lois to work on her own shortcomings when it comes to relationships (any, not specifically romantic).

Looking forward to more!
Amber

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Yay! I'm so excited to see the feedback. Unfortunately, the end of this week is starting to make the beginning of this week look slow. I don't expect to finish working until late tonight. (I'm only online now as I so needed a break from work.)

And right now, it looks like I may not be online again until Monday or Tuesday. So, I just wanted to apologize. And actually, while I'm doing so, I should also apologize in advance as it's starting to look like my short hiatus now is just practice for a much longer one. I've fallen terribly behind in my writing and in my most recent doctor's appt, I was told to be prepared for an early delivery - two things that together do not bode well for me meeting my goal of finishing this beforehand.

In the short term, though, I'll be online again to post as soon as I can (and will try to churn out chapters faster next week than I've been doing...)

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by anonpip:
My first thought was that it seemed too early in the story for Lois and Clark to get published in the Planet. Then I realized - I doubt the Planet or the Star would be interested in Clark or Lois' stories. Neither of their topics were the type of things a city newspaper would carry - Clark wrote about orientation and Lois about the cafeteria lines.

Now other stories they may write... well, you'll just have to RAFO. :p
Sexism in the Medical school sounds like something the Planet would publish, so long as Clark met the burden of proof.

Originally posted by anonpip: it's starting to look like my short hiatus now is just practice for a much longer one.
So adjust our thinking and expectations accordingly.

Plan now that you will write as you can and when you can but don't plan on posting till six or seven weeks postpartum. You don't need the stress of extra deadlines.

If you happen to have some little snippet to post earlier then expected it will be met with great joy since we won't be expecting it.

BTW When are you due? My middle daughter, the 28 y/o, is expecting her first baby, a boy, sometime in July.

Framework4
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Clark's article appears to be shaping up well. His most difficult task will be to keep it short, since it could literally be covered as a mini-series of articles.

Elisabeth
who has a stinking hunch that Maddie didn't just fight with her folks

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Elisabeth:
who has a stinking hunch that Maddie didn't just fight with her folks
I hope that is all it is. If she had a poor sexual experience with Steve or someone, or worse was date raped, and becomes pregnant we know what the boyscout will do.

Or perhaps you are thinking something happen earlier and she just now found out she's pregnant?

I'd really rather it was simply a fight with her father.

Framework4
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Okay, I've given up on thinking I'm going to have time to properly reply to this. I was busy all weekend, and feeling sort of bad since then. Between exhaustion and pregnancy hormones and a general feeling of nausea for the last couple of days, I'm just completely out of energy. But I will post the next chapter tonight, hopefully soon...

BTW Patrick, congrats on the upcoming grandson!! That's awesome! Is it your first?

My daughter is due June 27th, but we've been told that in all likelihood she'll be here sooner. No specific date yet, though, and I'm keeping fingers crossed that I get as close to the 27th as possible...

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
BTW Patrick, congrats on the upcoming grandson!! That's awesome! Is it your first?
Yes.

My daughter is due June 27th, but we've been told that in all likelihood she'll be here sooner. No specific date yet, though, and I'm keeping fingers crossed that I get as close to the 27th as possible...
My son, who will shortly be 23, was born on June 27th.

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard