Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Artemis. I loved it. I am so thrilled that Clark is a spy! And he has no idea who 'Lola' is. And that she is so infamous as Lois that the cops know her! OMG!!! SEVERAL SHADES OF AWESOME!!!

Wants more. Specifically more sexy Lois lounge singing and Clark breaking glasses and possibly the cops catching him doing it on camera.

And Clark not knowing why after he rescues the chicken, that he feels he needs to hold on to it? Priceless!!!

rotflol

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Columnist
Columnist
So I come back to the boards after a long absence and there's a new story by Artemis. How's that for timing!

Great alternate start! This looks like it's going to be fun.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I love it. A great alternative start with lots of great potential. I am looking forward to more hopefully real soon

robinson
Top Banana
Top Banana
Echoing all of the above and still smiling from this line:

"The chicken walked into the bar..."

I know you know that sounds like the start of a bad joke. goofy

This *is* my happily ever after.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
That is a fascinating beginning!

So Lex, not the Toasters or the Metros, is Clark's target?

Henderson's identification and subsequent frustration at Lois' presence was hilarious!

When do we get more? smile

Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"The chicken walked into the bar..."
Yes, I couldn't resist that image. Thanks for your feedback and encouragement all.

TLT This idea of Clark being a fed working undercover to take down organized crime (i.e. Luthor) has been percolating in my head for some time. I'm glad to hear everything I intended came across! "And Clark not knowing why after he rescues the chicken, that he feels he needs to hold on to it? Priceless!!" That was a last minute inspiration, so I need to listen to my muse!

Irene D. So glad you are back on the boards! I'm flattered. I can't say how many times I've reread Firestorm and all the others. In case you're wondering, you haven't missed any of my fic. I've been out of commission on writing for several years, so I'm nervous about sticking my toe back in the water.

robinson I'm glad you like it. I'm trying to get longer chapters.

HappyGirl I like jokes. And bar scenes. Maybe there will be more, but not at the Metro Club after this beginning. So glad you caught the references.

As to posting, I'm leaving for a week. So unless a miracle of inspiration happens today, it will be next Saturday. I don't like the keyboard on my portable and can't really post more than one sentence on it.

My plan is somewhere around 10 parts to wrap up this intro story and continue the universe in subsequent separate stories. To me that makes easier posting and reading.

Thanks again for your encouragement!
dance
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Nice beginning, even if I don't have the time to leave proper feedback.

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Artemis!

Sorry I’m late for the party but I sort of got swamped with fics huh

Clark pulled the paper toward him, scanned it briefly and scratched “Charles King” on the signature line.
Oh, he didn’t sign it Kal-El, that’s how.

She was a very nice looking blond with a good figure and an attractive face. On reflex he smiled one of his megawatt smiles.
Clark!

“Call me Toni,” she smiled back at him and took the signed paper with her left hand, which had beautifully manicured long red nails and a notable absence of a ring on her fourth finger.
Clark! Heel.

‘Wow, I hope the entertainment is worth this,’ he mused.
Depends. Is Lola Dane singing?

“Not much,” replied Gomez, swiveling his chair around to look at the Inspector. “How did Kent get such high angles with the cameras? I’ve never seen a view like that. And what’s the story on him anyway? Why isn’t one of our guys undercover?”
LOL. So Clark is a loan from Bureau 39, undercover at the Metro PD, undercover at the Metro Club? rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

The chicken walked into the bar with her head under her arm.
The chicken put the head down on the pavement and started brushing the smoke and dirt off Clark’s vest and shirt.
This took me a moment until I checked the episode. You’re talking about her costume-head /slaps head/

As the curtain opened, the offstage announcer exclaimed, “And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Gotham City…Miss Lola Dane!”

Revealed as the curtain parted was a stately brunette with long hair in a form fitting blue gown standing behind a single microphone.
Shouldn’t he recognize her?

His brain catching up to his reaction, he realized the singer was the chicken from yesterday. Lola, a name he could never forget.
Atta boy.

Verrrrry nice start. Part two will take a me a little while to get to, though frown

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
loving this! when's the next post?!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Michael Glad you enjoyed. There's a lot more to come. No Bureau 39 involved though.
sarah Part 2 is up. Once a week, roughly, is my posting schedule with about 10 parts total.
Thanks for the comments!
cool
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh, I love the idea of alt-Clark as FBI. Perfect. And Lois, Luthor and the toasters... I've got to read more.

Very enjoyable.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia:
If you want the whole story complete, it is on the Archive and you don't have to wait for each part.
r/
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Artemis:
Hi Virginia:
If you want the whole story complete, it is on the Archive and you don't have to wait for each part.
r/
Artemis
I always forget to check the archive for completed fic(s). That will be easier than doing a search every time I have a few minutes to read. Thanks. I'll do that. thumbsup

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You can still give feedback, though. I always enjoy that! wink
cool
Artemis
P.S. the sequel "Nighttime in the Daytime" isn't on the Archive yet.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard