Print Thread
#63536 05/14/09 12:53 AM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Feedback goes here. Or not (although I definitely like the other option better)...

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice part. I don't like the Maddy subplot but clearly from all your other tales you dis-believe in the whole concept of someone that age being able to make a go of marriage.

Sadly you are often right. On the other hand much of that is a by product of the current culture. (This from a guy who got married at age 18 and is still married, 32 years later, to the same lady.)

“Okay,” I said. I believed her, but something still was bothering me. I felt like there was more to the story than she had let on.
Oh good some rocks ahead.

“That’s sad,” Maddie said when I told her about my conversation with Lois. “I mean, my parents and I could get along better, but I know they believe in me.”
idiot, needs to learn better than to repeat everything he hears. This will get back to Lois and he will meet an early version of Mad Dog Lane.

on the surface Lana’s behavior seemed bad. It’s never nice to cheat on someone else. Still, though, how much could I expect from her? She was dating a freak. And even if she didn’t know it per se, she must have sensed.
So we have the seeds of a L&C romance planted. At some point Lois will find out about Clark and she will accept him. Nice.

I had found a topic for the journalism paper – I just wasn’t happy with it.
In a city the size of Metropolis and guy with superhearing can't find a good topic? wildguy wildguy wildguy

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's late and I'm tired so...

Loved the part. Steve getting grossed out was so fun. And Clark's parents wanting a 'normal' teenager laugh

Wonder what his topic is going to be. But just a week left? That's cutting it really close.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Interesting that Clark is discussing Lois with Maddie. I don't know what that means, but I think it means something!

I think there is a lot of potential for big things to happen with these article assignments. I'm looking forward to reading more about this.

I'm feeling really bad for Lois. Clark has found friends, and a girlfriend, but Lois still seems like an outsider. Granted, we only have Clark's perspective of her life, but it would seem that Clark is her closest friend. She doesn't fill that role for him, though.

Looking forward to more!
Amber

Top Banana
Top Banana
So sorry for not leaving feedback for quite a few parts... but just caught on and am immensely enjoying this story.. looking forward to more. smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thank you for the comments! I'm hoping they will motivate me to write some tonight as I am falling shamefully behind...

Patrick - I do believe that people can get married at that age and be successful at it. I do think it's rare, though. I got married a month after college graduation, but even then most of our friends were surprised as they weren't ready to get married at all (I think it was three years before the next of our friends got married). And I definitely felt like I was much more mature and ready for marriage then than I would have been when I started college.

I could be wrong - honestly, I didn't have any intention of marrying my husband when we started dating either, so maybe it's a matter of when you meet the right person.

But I think I actually learned something from previous boyfriends I wouldn't have known if I had met my husband sooner. And, I fear, I may not have even married him as while I knew he was great, I may not have realized how rare he was.

It's partly this that makes me want Lois and Clark to have relationships with others before they get together. They both have limited dating histories and I think there are things they are/will learn over the course of just the next few months that will make their relationship stronger in the end. I hope, anyway...

Just as a warning, it's not necessarily clear in here, but Lois and Maddie are friends, too, so there's no reason for Lois to care that he tells Maddie about their conversations - as long as he keeps quiet about things she tells him to.

In a city the size of Metropolis and guy with superhearing can't find a good topic?
Good point. Except that Clark hasn't thought of using his superhearing for this and he routinely keeps it "off" so it doesn't distract him.

Michael - Thanks! It would be hard to guess Clark's paper topic now, but soon (the next part maybe? I can't recall).

Amber - There is some element of truth to Clark having found friends more than Lois has. But remember, this Lois is like Mad Dog Lane all the time - she's not going to make friends easily. But she'll get better.

And she has more friends than you might think of as this is told through Clark's perspective. Not that he doesn't think she has friends, but they have some of the same friends so when we see them all together, we're thinking of them as Clark's friends, but Lois isn't just there because Clark invited her.

I would agree, though, that Clark is Lois' closest friend. I'm not sure that she's not his, though. Certainly aside from Maddie she is.

AnKS - Thanks!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I, too, got married a few weeks out of college, (I think it was July though. Ask James; he could tell you. I'm just horrible with dates, although I know for dagnabbit sure that James proposed to me on January 30.) but before James I had a very limited dating history--as did he. I don't think it affected our relationship nearly as much as it could have. There were many issues we didn't have because of it. Neither of us were ever concerned about how we measured up with the ex-boyfriends/girlfriends. Nope; most of our issues came from how we were raised. Maturity doesn't always come from bad experiences.

Anyway I'm interested to find out how the assignment turns out. It may be a turning point in his relationships to go head-to-head with Lois.

Elisabeth

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Elisabeth - Sorry, I wasn't clear. I agree that maturity doesn't always comes from bad experiences. First off, many people manage to live through experiences and not seem to gain any maturity at all. But for the rest of us, we learn from our experiences - both good and bad. Neither my husband nor I dated a lot before we met, but I do think our experiences shaped who we were and particularly who we were with each other. My husband's dating experiences were more stereotypical - not awful, but rather standard, whereas most of my dating experiences were positive and ended well - I mean, obviously not in the best possible way, but I was still friends with my exes when I met him.

More than that, though, I think other experiences also made us more mature. Again, not necessarily bad experiences, but just having lived life more than we had when we graduated high school.

I don't think Lois and Clark necessarily need bad experiences (which isn't to say they may not have them), but I think there are still things they need to learn. Even Clark's learning to deal with Steve is a learning experience that may help him deal with others better in the future.

While I'm not planning to get us through to their mid-20s (I'm actually not planning to go past their freshmen year of college), I expect both Lois and Clark to be much more recognizable as their older selves when we finish. I just don't think they are there yet and I don't think they would necessarily get there as quickly together right now.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard