This is my first attemp at a fic. So please be kind. I welcome comments. I would not mind if anyone ones to vett this story, i think it has alot of mistakes in it. Well, here goes nothing....

Experience

A lavishly handsome teenager strolled into the Kansas Arts Museum. His eyes looked around taking in the beautiful surroundings and artifacts. He was here on an exchange program between students from Metropolis and Kansas. A group of four other teenagers walked into the museum after him. All of them looked around the room. Eager at their task assigned to them by their editor.

A beautiful blonde haired girl from the across the room stared at the boy - each seemed lost in their own thoughts. The blonde was surrounded by another group of girls. All indulged in a conversation.

A smile formed on the boys face, the smile directed towards the group of girls. Among there girls was a brunette. She stood there. Staring at the artifacts only barely registering the conversation her friends were in .She held a brochure on the museum in her hand. Their eyes met for a moment, before she looked away shy. She pretended to stare at the art work there, trying hard to admire the pictures without thinking to much about the teen. But somehow or other, her mind always wandered back to that brief eye contact. She felt something that she had never felt. A surge of life passed through her. Like as though she has found home at last.

Her family was not something any child would like – An alcoholic wife who drinks her fears away everyday, sobbing into her bottle of vodka. A father who is nothing like a fatherly figure a 15 year old child would want. Her father would stay at work late into the night, no, not to work, but to flirt with his secretary. A kid sister, who is too young to understand what is happening.

She did not understand how could a completer stranger have such a huge effect on her though just a small gesture like by smiling. ‘You got to admit, it was one hell of a smile’ She knew that but was just too stubborn to accept the fact. She continued to stare blankly at the picture in front of her, a sound of laughter coming from her friends brought her out of the thoughts. Only then did she realize that the laughter was directed towards her. She was staring blankly at a painting of two nude figures one a man and the other a lady. Her face flushed up, her cheeks turned to a rosy pink colour. Her face quickly turned away.

Just then, the two groups respective editors shouted for them to gather nearer. They were introduced very briefly.” These are the reporters for the Smallville High School Paper” I know that they might seem inferior to the Metropolis team, but I can guarantee that they are a bunch of potential reporters.” “And these here are the reporters for Metropolis High School.” He smiled at them and then continued “I hope that all of you will have a good experience by the end of the workshop.” The two groups of teenagers left and headed out towards the art gallery, they were suppose to do a report on the art there and then sent it for grading to the other group’s editor. This was to let both the editor’s know the standard of the reporters from both side.

But before they had started to examine the art pieces, they had introduced themselves, the brunette had introduced herself as ‘Lois’.

“…….the painting expresses more than a persons actions, but his feelings as well. It tells us about a story on how we must all leave the place that we now live in and all that will be left would be bitter sweet memories. That will last in our soul forever.” The editor of the Metropolis High School paper read out. “By Clark Kent” .Everyone was left stunned. All was silent just the turning of the gears in their brains could be heard. The brunette stood there, leaning against one of the pillars staring at the white wall, clearly thinking very deeply and hard about something. The editor continued, ”Good piece of writing, who is Clark Kent?” The dark haired teenager stepped forward, “I am Sir.” “Good piece of writing, you seem to have a very emotional touch in your writing.”

After commenting on each individual’s writing, both the editors allowed the students to roam around the Museum. “So Lois, what were you doing staring at the painting of the nude people?” Lois blushed. ”Haha….okay, you have your right to privacy up to a certain limit but I am not interested in that. The thing I am interested is that Clark Kent fellow” The blond haired said. “What do you think of him? He sure is one fine guy isn’t he? His skin is tanned perfectly giving him a golden glow around him.” She said staring at Clark. Clark however was oblivious to what was happening in the other group. He was concentrating too hard on the paintings and trying to figure out each of their meanings. He did not know that *he* was the topic for today in the girls group.

That night, after a delicious meal at a Chinese restaurant down at Hobbs Area, they headed for the hotel. They were going to be spending their next week in the Lexor hotel. The Lexor hotel was located in the heart of Metropolis. It stood at fifty stories high. This five start hotel is one of the most famous and well known hotel in the world. Its service is good. Clark Kent stood at the entrance of the hotel, in front of the glass doors that were guarded by two door mans. His head was looking upward . His eyes were tracing the walls of the building moving slowly towards the top of the building. He could of course see the top of the building much clearer than a normal human could. He had enhanced vision, though he did not know where he had gotten the ability from. “This is going to be a great week. Look at this place, it is fast paced and lively. Not something Smallville would have but Smallville is lively too. In Smallville the stars you see is in the sky, but here, the only stars you see is in cars. The hotel look grand, even the woman here are of different varieties.” Pete said to Clark, winking at him. Clark smiled a little, just to make his friend feel better.’ That’s Pete all right, always on the look out for more girls’. Clark and Pete walked together towards the entrance of the hotel happily.

“Okay, I want all of you to stay here and talk among yourselves but do not wander about, while I go and get the rooms.” Mike the editor of the Smallville High School paper said to the whole group of curious teenagers.

“Hey Lois, so, you still haven’t reply me on what do you think about that Clark Kent fellow there.” She said looking towards the group of boys just a few feet away from them. “Do you think that I will have a chance? I mean, he is really cute and all.” Lana the blond hair girl asked Lois. “I don’t know.” Lois said. But before she could finish her sentence Lana was already walking there. “You always get the guys you want afterall.” Lois sighed. Lois went to the sofa to sit down at the lobby of the hotel.

“Hi! My name is Lana.” Lana stretched out her hana. “Hi. My name is Clark Kent. Nice to meet you.” Clark smiled. “So, how is Kansas? Which part of Kansas was it that you came from? Smalltown?” Lana questioned. “ It’s Smallville, how is life in Metropolis? It must be interesting to be able to live here. It is so fast paced.” Clark said friendly. “ Yes it is.” They had talked for a few more minutes before the editors came back.

“Okay, gather around here everyone. The girls will have an adjoined room. The boys another. You are not allowed to go visiting each other after 9.” The editor boomed.” Do not even think of going to hide in the room. We will go to check room. Do not bother hiding under the beds. I have dealt with student like that before. Once, someone even hid in the shower. I had on the shower knowing that she was in there. And she got drench through.” The boys laughed while the girls giggled. “Okay, now is 8pm, make sure your watches are set correctly. Wake up call is at 8 am tomorrow. We will meet back here at 9am. Have a nice night. If you want to go visiting, you have one and a half hour to do so. No later then 9.30pm.” He said smiling.’ Young kids, if only we could go back to those good old days.’ “Tomorrow we are going to visit the legendary ‘Daily Planet’” After the briefing was over, they were each given keys to their respective rooms. The teenagner gathered their luggage that contained clothes that were suppose to last them for the next week.

Lana spoke up, ”Hey, Why not we go to your room tonight to get to know each other better. Play a few games? Chat a bit?” Clark stopped picking up his luggage and looked at her. “Okay. Is it okay with you guys?” Pete was the first one to speak up, high in spirits. Pete looked at his friends. The guys nodded their head. “Okay! Its settled!” Pete said to Lana. “is 10 minutes enough time to get ready? Our room is 0903” After setting a time for their meeting they went their separate ways.

“Pete. What are you up to?” Clark whispered to Pete “Nothing.” Pete shrugged sounding happy with himself. Clark laughed. “Okay, don’t tell me. But I can tell that you like Lana.” “No I don’t. She likes you.” Pete said with jealousy sipping into his word slowly. “She does not. We are just friends. I barely know her and she barely knows me too.” ’besides Lois is the one I like’ Clark added silently. “Hello? Clark? Wake up. This is Metropolis not Smallville; Women here are more straight forward like tigers hunting their prey. They do not wait around for you to get to know them. They see what they like, they attack it.” Pete said. They had arrived at their room. Jack, Pete, Clark, Ralf and Jimmy went into the room. The door that connected the 2 guys room together was opened before hand. “Wow” Pete exclaimed. “Cool dude!” ”Way cool”

TBC

Any ideas on how to continue would be welcomed.

P.S: I am not sure which folder this belongs in.