Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Still one more week of classes (exams, really), but I can feel my muse starting to stir...

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I love the way Lois keeps being put in her place by Clark.

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, goodness me, poor Lois... ah, but this Lois deserves it!

This line had me in stitches:

Getting closer to being awake, she decided to relieve herself before taking on the poultry version of Moulin Rouge.
The poultry version of Moulin Rouge! Because the chicken stole Lois's Jimmy Choos shoes! I know, I know, Miss Piggy isn't exactly a chicken :p but for some reason I couldn't help thinking of her doing the can-can in the hen house, as I was reading this! rotflol

[Linked Image]

It took me a while to recover from the belly laugh I got out of imagining Lois chasing chickens to recover her ultra-high heel shoes. (Particularly as Miss Piggy kept poking her snout into the hen house with Lois, like an extra who can't be chased off the stage!) Well, this Lois managed to return to poultry-free safety with her shoes and eggs... The girl can learn! Let's see if she can survive being run through Clark Kent's Kansas farm version of boot camp!

Ann

P.S. Erruk-a Reerruh Ruuuuh, eh? Here in Sweden these noisy birds say Kuckelikuuu!!!

Erruk-a Reerruh Ruuuuh!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She lifted the object her searching hand had landed on and prepared for launch.

“Erruk-a Ree… Gaaaaawk!”

Smiling to herself, Lois was just beginning to relax when a sudden thought caused her to sit straight up. “My baby!”
Hmm, sounds like she flung a shoe?
Scrambling to her feet, she yelped as her progress was impeded by the introduction of her shin to the small living room table.
LOL

Brushing her unruly bangs away from her eyes, she made her way into the tiny bathroom only to be jolted fully awake by the feel of cold water where it wasn’t expected.

“You have *got* to be kidding me!”

Slowly lifting herself out of the toilet bowl, she sighed. It was going to be one of those days.
Say, how *does* one manage to step into the toilet bowl. At least, when you're not drunk confused

Martha turned as the screen door separating the kitchen from the porch snapped shut. “Lois?” She was surprised to see the young woman for a couple of reasons. The first was because it was early—in the previous few days that she had been there, Lois had never been a happy riser. The other reason for Martha’s surprise was Lois’s appearance. She was still wearing pajamas, her hair was all over the place, and there were feathers peeking out from every possible location.
smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Say, how *does* one manage to step into the toilet bowl. At least, when you're not drunk
Lol, Most men don't understand the unexpected shock of sitting on a toilet when the seat's been left up... Methinks Clark does. wink

"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Most men don't understand the unexpected shock of sitting on a toilet when the seat's been left up.
You're right, I don't. You're a big girl, Lois, so why can't you work the toilet seat yourself?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part, Sonia!
“Erruk-a Ree… Gaaaaawk!”
LOL! I'm not sure what role Rosco will continue to play in the rest of the story, but he may just be my favorite original character so far this year wink

The other reason for Martha’s surprise was Lois’s appearance. She was still wearing pajamas, her hair was all over the place, and there were feathers peeking out from every possible location.

Smiling broadly, Lois lifted her hands. “I’ve got eggs!”
lol Getting to know Lois has been a real pleasure. She's got the same fire we're used to, the same loneliness and underlying vulnerability, but seeing her fixate on fashion and flirting to the exclusion of all else is fascinating. I can't wait to get to know her better.

Clark, on the other hand, is steady as a rock. Loved his absolute disinterest in Lois' name dropping and in her couture jeans. His prank with the toilet seat is very telling. It places his emotional maturity somewhere in his teens and proves that he's attracted to Lois. He's just more creative than pulling her piggy tails.

“We’re making *what*?!”

“Fer-ti-lizer. You *do* know what that is, right?”

Lois snatched the gloves away from him. “Oh, I know what it is! I also know where the main ingredient comes from!”

Clark smiled sarcastically. “Great! That saves me from an awkward explanation.”
LOL! I love Lois and Clark banter and you don't disappoint.

More please!

P.S.
You're a big girl, Lois, so why can't you work the toilet seat yourself?
Well, I'm with Lois here. She's staying by herself in a midwestern kind of cabana and she was sleepy. Why would she suspect that the toilet seat would be in a different position than she last left it?

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This was another great part! Obviously Clark is interested in Lois and doesn't even want to admit it to himself. And what a terrific reversal - Lois is the one with the secret identity, but instead of mooning over her (the secret identity), Clark doesn't even like her!

I love this story, can't wait for more!

Amber

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Most men don't understand the unexpected shock of sitting on a toilet when the seat's been left up.
You're right, I don't. You're a big girl, Lois, so why can't you work the toilet seat yourself?
Right. Classic joke blush

I still have no idea how operating a toilet seat/lid is any different from operating a door, though. huh

Michael laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
OMG!!!

I love this story. This is soooo awesome. I want more! More! More! SOON!!!!

Please?

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
smile1

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Kerth
Kerth
Great part - really loved the banter. It's nice to see them with Clark having the home ground advantage.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sonja!

Hope you did well on your exams.

So, it's almost two weeks since part 3 and I'd like to introduce this nice guy here to you wildguy And don't worry, I'm sure his disposition isn't much worse than Lois' stuck on a farm laugh

Michael grovel

sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
So, it's almost two weeks since part 3 and I'd like to introduce this nice guy here to you wildguy
You are absolutely right... peep

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
post coming soon???!!!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Please?

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
I'll jump in and add another please. smile Just caught up on this one tonight and am absolutely loving it. I'm not normally one for Elseworlds that are so far outside the L&C we know, but this one has changed my mind. It's a completely outrageous romp, and so much fun to read. The banter is delish! I sure hope you're coming back to it. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard