FDK here.

Now we're getting somewhere! smile

Thanks.

#63361 05/08/09 11:17 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Hodge-thing was so odd. I doubt Lois could have done anything different without the interview getting stopped but it still adds to the bleakness of her present situation.

Then came the thunderbolt in red and blue.
So much for being finished help

He hadn’t looked at her. Not so much as a glance. Not the slightest indication she was anything more to him than just one of the twenty media jostling for his attention.

Well, she wasn’t.

And it was entirely her doing.

It was what she wanted.
mecry eek

<You want him back,> her inner voice screamed in her head, hard and accusing.

<No I don’t,> her other voice retorted, low and desperate.

<You want him back.>

<He wouldn’t come back, not after what I said.>
eek

The front was a picture of a country scene. In the foreground was a lake with a little wooden pier. Trees filled the background. It had the feel of being homemade – maybe he’d bought it at a market.
So, now she just needs to find out where that place is and she will find Hodge. Is the verse a hidden message, too?

“I need time to think,” Lois told him. “I have to be sure about this.”

His smile was pure fatherly approval. “Good girl,” he said.
/worries.../

“Will he forgive you?”

Lois took a long, quivery breath. “With anyone else, I would say ‘no’. But Clark …”

“So, if you went to him,” Sarah speculated, “Any time, any place ... if you walked up to him and put your arms around his neck and sank into that broad chest of his, what’s he going to do?”

Lois tried to visualise Clark pushing her away, but the image simply wouldn’t form. Her eyes filled with tears. “He’s going to cling to me like his life depends on it,” she said quietly.
Awwww /sniffles/

More? Soon? grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#63362 05/08/09 11:30 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I'm beginning to be more hopeful for Lois and Clark. I'm sorry I didn't post fdk for the last part, but I was just too upset. Which only goes to show that you are doing your job very well. wink

I'm looking forward to Lois talking to Clark and apologizing for the horrible things she said, because she was totally out of order. But I don't doubt that Clark will forgive her ... at least, I hope he will. smile

Now, all we need is for Lois to decipher the message in the sympathy card, and I hope she does it real soon, otherwise things aren't looking good for SM.

Yours Jenni

#63363 05/09/09 01:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just read both parts 6 & 7 together, so forgive me for posting feedback to both here.

Part 6 was so powerful. Very well written. One thing I especially appreciated was that you have presented a reasonable, believable scenario for Lois to react as she does.

One of my biggest problems with Lois's reaction to the revelation of Clark = Superman in the original (and even in some fanfics), is that I have a hard time justifying her anger. I know, I know, Clark lied to her, he should have told her before, she has a past of "federal disaster" relationships, etc., etc., but I don't know, it still just doesn't seem (in my mind) to account for all her anger. Or, for her holding onto that anger. I guess I can see an immediate angry response, but it just seems like 2 minutes reflection should take her past that.

In Adrift, I can completely understand Lois's reaction. Not justify, but understand. The old difference between an excuse and an explanation, I guess. There is no excuse, but there is, at least, an explanation. It was so hard to read, though. My heart just broke for Clark. evil ? What is in store for us in Part 8?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#63364 05/09/09 02:33 AM
G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
OMG - I have been speechless for the last 2 parts. Thank you for Jonathan (and Sarah) wonderful! smile
This is almost too much, I have a lump in my throat and I want to cry - please please please let this be the end of the heartache. smile1 Lois knows she needs to do something.
sloppy

Please please post number 8 as soon as possible. grovel grovel

#63365 05/09/09 08:52 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael - Thanks again for the FDK, Michael. Not all the questions will be answered in this fic ... but that's what Story 4 is for.

Jenni - Thanks for your comments. I have mixed feelings when anyone says they got upset - I guess if you write about death and no one feels anything, you didn't do a very good job.

I knew right from the start this would be a difficult fic for some people. However, I need Lois's parents dead for a story line in a later fic and the topic warrants more than 'Lois's parents died' at the beginning of the next fic.

So ... I wrote 'Adrift'.

Vicki - Thanks for the wonderful FDK.

I'm glad Lois's reaction rang true for you.

Obviously most (all?) LnC stories centre on the relationship between Lois and Clark, but I really wanted to focus on Lois's relationship with the Kent family as well. She met M&J before she met Clark and clearly sees the differences between them and her family.

So a major part of her anger and feelings of betrayal were directed at the family unit - although poor Clark took the brunt of it.

I'm so glad you liked Jonathan's role. I always felt TNAOS seriously under-used him. I can remember a conversation (in the pilot?) between Clark and his dad, but mostly, Jonathan was little more than Martha's shadow.

GamesAway
This is almost too much, I have a lump in my throat and I want to cry - please please please let this be the end of the heartache.
The final two parts are written - so it ends how it ends .... but ... they've had enough heartache for one fic ... haven't they?

Oh this is so sad - what a wonderfully written line. Poor Clark - of course, Clark has a stronger character than that - maybe he *would* push her away?
Sorry, I'm not completely sure what you mean here ... the bit about Clark's character? Are you saying he wouldn't accept the pleasure of a hug from Lois if he thought there was no hope for them?

My take was that if Lois hugged him, he would realise things were not as bleak as they had seemed.

Thanks for your wonderful FDK. Part 8 - Monday or Tuesday.

Corrina.

#63366 05/11/09 03:15 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Wonderful part. I love how Jonathan showed up and her friend Crawf. I can definitely feel the hope in this part

robinson
#63367 05/11/09 08:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooo, story 4, hmm? clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#63368 05/11/09 11:11 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have not much time at the moment to write FDK but I wanted to say really great part!!!
clap

Kathryn
#63369 05/11/09 02:57 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm glad Jonathan and Lois had their little talk. I hope Lois can calm down a bit and actually listen to Clark instead of blowing her top at him. Yes, she's been hurt, but so has he. It's time for both of them to drop the "You hurt me!" attitude and listen to each other! It can't hurt, and it will definitely help.

Next part, please? Soon?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#63370 05/12/09 02:40 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
robinson Glad you liked it. This was the transition chapter - when things begin to get better ... finally!

Michael Thanks! I have plot outlines for stories 4,5 and 6. Very little detail yet, so they won't be posted for awhile.

Kathryn Thanks for taking the time to post FDK.

Terry They've had two weeks to think about it - enough time to gain some perspective - see part 8!
Thanks for your comments.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard