#63338 05/08/09 08:24 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Next post: At least Monday. Too much school work to do and my buffer is dwindling. But should be done with everything by Sunday night so...

Preview Chapter 12
A dozen thoughts were running through his head. The main two had to do with secrets. Had the venerable editor of the Daily Planet realized he was Superman? Or that he was married to a pregnant Lois Lane?

He wasn't sure which he would prefer.

Maybe it was neither.

No.

That wasn’t how his life worked.

He took a deep breath as he walked through the door, shutting it behind him.

Perry waved towards a chair. "Have a seat. Let's talk."
And to top it off I have to take DD7 clothes at school which means waking my two sleeping kids...

/sigh/

Thanks.
Carol

Merriwether
Merriwether
No, still don't like it. Clark needs to *stay* *put*. And not Linda! *hisses* Wonder what's up Perry's sleeve? Hmm...

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
First off delightful part.

Second
Originally posted by carolm:
At least Monday. Too much school work to do and my buffer is dwindling...
Carol,
Take your time. No one here wants to see you burning your candle at both ends and thus burning yourself out.

Likewise no one wants you to feel pressure to publish a part that might not be up to your normal high standards.

So take your time. You might need to drop to a weekly posting schedule or even biweekly.

No one here will like it if you do, but we'd hate it if trying to keep to a demanding posting schedule on top of real life caused you to stop completely.
=======================

I love the way you have Clark doing his lunkhead "its for your own good" routine.

Delightful part.

Linda King? Oh good, nothing to help Lois clarify her feelings for Clark than Linda King. Lois has already warned off Toni Taylor with the "My Husband" line. Toni is much less of a threat in Lois's mind than Linda King!

wildguy No way is Linda King avoiding the sword! wildguy

And with Linda King hanging around there is no way Lois is letting Clark move out.

[sidebar, I wonder if anyone has an icon usable here of a person using a sword to cut someone off at the knees?]

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
EVIL! Ah, I'm too flummoxed by Linda to say anything else!

Perry could suspect something, or he could offer Clark a job...

And Lois...well both of them, I get the feeling that they don't want to separate so much even if their marriage is right up there with nailing jello to a tree...so we'll see what happens...

And heh, it's ok to participate in life, Carol, and get back to us later! No worries! Besides, I could like...work or something in the interim. (It's the downside of being self-employed; you have to give yourself lectures on productivity. goofy )

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I'm moving out," he said suddenly.
Stupidest. Idea. Ever. razz

Lois isn't going to leave Clark move out with Linda King around, is she? devil

And the previews... is Perry going to offer Clark a job? Please, say yes? grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Let's see... Lois and Clark got married when they were under some kind of influence, and had sex, and Lois got pregnant. They get separated but meet again, Lois informs Clark that she is pregnant, and they have great sex. Conclusion...Clark is leaving????? dizzy

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Quick response: Clark is 'interested' in his wife. His wife knows it. Lois is 'interested' in her husband. He doesn't really know how much. So, since there is no long-developed friendship and deep love (yet) they can't be together? Because Clark doesn't want his pregnant(!) wife to be a roommate with benefits. That's the conclusion he comes to? Seriously? goofy

Karen, Amber, Jenn, Lisa, Lauren, Cat, Pam... Probably a couple others.
*snort*

Lois did a slight double take at the mention of her co-worker's name – but surely there was more than one 'Cat' in the world. There was probably even more than one 'Cat' in Smallville. She shoved the rarely fully-dressed cougar out of her mind. "Brown hair, you walked off the dance floor with your arm around her. That's all I saw."

"Probably Cat," he said, still thinking. "We've been friends since Kindergarten. We were practically inseparable as kids. We played cops and robbers and cowboys and Indians and camped out in the farmyard and all kinds of stuff when we were kids."

Of course it was Cat. Lois didn't say anything, instead staring out over the water.
Hmm, now this really would be interesting, Cat having smalltown-roots :p

"I'm moving out," he said suddenly.

What?

"What?"

"I mean, I have to find another place to stay. I can't stay with you without knowing for sure this is going to work. I can't put you and the baby at risk."

"We're already at risk," she pointed out. "If someone realized you're Superman, it wouldn't take a half-decent researcher long to figure out we're married."

"Still, hopefully I'd have enough time to get you and my parents somewhere safe and not being *immediately* connected to you by staying at your apartment should help."

"By that logic, wouldn't it be safer if you were there and you could..." She made a waving motion with her hand. "...zoom me out of there?" It had *nothing* to do with wanting him to sleep with her. She repeated that to herself. *Nothing* to do with enjoying waking up in his arms.
And here we go, Lois going out and buying a shirt reading 'I'm with stupid.' And she can just go and buy a matching one for Clark. cat

"Probably not," Lois conceded. "But it's..." She stopped. She didn't want him to get the... wrong idea. It probably was best for him to leave now rather than entangling herself further with him. The lawyers would be called as soon as things settled down and, though they'd be tied together for the rest of their lives through the baby, the sooner they cut off other ties, the better it would be for her heart. It was probably going to be broken enough as it was.

No. It almost definitely was going to be broken.
How about she *tells* him. Carol, this started out so easily. And now what are you doing? You're already a hot contestant for the QoE award. Do you really have to twist the knife? And pump it in and out so the jagged edge is ripping through flesh, bones and nerves, spilling internal organ bits all over the place?

Finally, she turned to Lois who proceeded to order an appetizer and two entrees. Then she noticed Clark's slightly raised eyebrows. At her glare, he resumed careful study of the table cloth. She couldn't help but notice the waitress' smirk as she effectively cut her tip in half.

"Don't say anything," Lois muttered at him. "You got me in this situation and I've hardly eaten for a week and now I'm starving so leave me alone."

"I didn't say a word."

"You thought it."

"Thought what?" He still didn't look at her.

She looked around to make sure no one was listening. "You got me pregnant. I know neither of us meant for it to happen, but I've been sick off and on for weeks now. And since this is a..." She looked around again and lowered her voice even further. "...*super* baby, it's entirely possible that that's why I'm so hungry right now. So don't even *think* about commenting on my diet. You don't know me and I don't know you and just because we're married and I'm pregnant doesn't give you any right to judge what I eat."
He probably thinks it's cute and is too afraid to admit it and Lois is all self-conscious about it. cat

He reached for a piece of his own, stopping when she glared at him again.

"You want some, order your own," she told him, reaching for a stuffed mushroom and eating it in one bite. A minute later it was gone and she went for a mozzarella stick. It wasn't long before she'd finished them all off.
Geez, he's your husband/bum. At least let him have some food.

BTW, the jealousy was so fun laugh

The blonde turned to Clark and held out a carefully manicured hand. "Hi. I’m Linda King."

Lois sighed. What a great way to end a great meal.
Uh, wait, what?

Michael, waiting for Monday and trying to ignore the feelings of trepidation

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
aaargh Clark *cannot* move out. AND Linda King? grumble I agree - you are evil!
At least Linda will bring out the possessive in Lois. clap
I hope that Perry realises that they are married, could be interesting.
Waiting for Monday....

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

Clark is right. peep

Lois has given him no indication (great sex doesn't count wink ) that she's serious about a long-term relationship. So right now she's getting all the benefits of being married with none of the commitment on her part. They need to work out their level of commitment *before* they get to have their dessert. Clark has been pretty open with Lois. She needs to do the same with him, even though it's hard for her. He deserves a real wife and she deserves a real husband, not both of them playing house.

And, Carol, as much as we're all hanging on tenterhooks here, real life comes first. No need to apologize for having one. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey everyone!

Thank you!

Real life is slowing down! Thank goodness! All grades are done except finals which won't be taken until Thursday smile .

Karen - you don't like Linda?!

Patrick - thanks smile . I hope to get some writing done today but also fold a mountain of laundry! :p

JD - hehe. Nailing jello to a tree describes it pretty well smile .

Andreia - /me whistles

Ann - makes perfect sense doesn't it wink ?

Michael - so you liked his dance card wink ? I was trying to think of names and went straight down the list of FoLCs in #loisclark at that time [good thing Shayne wasn't there wink ]. This isn't Cat Grant, Cat this is a variation on Cat Bruce Cat wink . Will make that more clear.

Games - /whistles/

Happy Girl - thank you for playing devil's advocate. To a degree at least - that's how I see it smile .

And I would like to point to Queenie's latest fic as proof that *I* am not evil!

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana

And I would like to point to Queenie's latest fic as proof that *I* am not evil!

Carol
That doesn't prove that you are not evil, Carol. It only proves that you are not *as* evil as Queenie. It's all relative. devil

This *is* my happily ever after.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Karen - you don't like Linda?!
Does anyone? goofy

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This isn't Cat Grant, Cat this is a variation on Cat Bruce Cat wink . Will make that more clear.
No need. It was just funnier pretending that way laugh

You know, like pretending Linda and Clark finally have a chance at making it work, now that he's not employed at the Planet /ducks pointy objects/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Tis not nice to not include one part in the TOC. Tends to boggle the readers' minds.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks E.
Fixed.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
S'okay. I didn't get too far before I realized my mistake. Spoilers do make me crabby, however. :p

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard