DISCLAIMER: None of these characters are mine. Most of these characters are from the L&C show, but Supergirl is a combination of the two essenses (Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis), and Zod, Ursa, and Non are from the second Superman movie. I'm not making any money off of this story, so sueing me would be pointless.

- - - -

The next morning Clark cheerfully walked up to his desk, whistling a tune. He sat down and busied himself with some paperwork. He had been working for a few minutes when a newspaper was slapped down in front of him. It was that morning's edition of the Daily Planet. The headline read "Supergirl Saves Metropolis' with Lois' byline at the beginning of the story, which took up the entire front page . One of Jimmy's photos from last night's battle was situated in the middle. Clark looked up and saw Lois smiling at him.

“You're back,” she said before leaning over to kiss him.

“Yes, I am,” he replied.

“There you are, Clark,” Perry said, coming out of his office. “I hope you had a good time with your cousin last night while us real reporters were working.”

“Chief, I can explain,” Clark said. “You see, her -”

“No need to,” Perry interrupted. “Lois told us everything this morning. How you two are letting her live with you in Metropolis.” He patted Clark's shoulder. “This paper may be important, but nothing is more important than family. Nothing. You did the right thing by being with her, Clark.”

“Thank you,” Clark said.

“Uh, now,” Perry said, quickly clearing his throat before he became too sentimental, “what about Supergirl? Any new developments, or is Superman still keeping a tight-lip?”

“Uh, actually, I talked with Superman this morning,” Clark said, “and he says if we wanted to know anything about Supergirl, then we'll need to ask her.”

“And how do we reach Supergirl?” Perry asked.

“Superman says he'll talk with her,” Clark continued. “If she's up for an interview, he'll let us know. All he said after that was keep an eye on the skies.”

“So, she's staying put,” Perry said. He chuckled as he shook his head, heading back to his office. “Oh, thanks for inviting me to dinner tonight. Looking forward to meeting Linda.” He walking into his office and shut the door.

“Dinner?” Clark asked.

Lois looked a little sheepish. “Well, I -”

“Hey, C.K.,” Jimmy said as he came walking up, “you should have been here last night. Man, Supergirl kicked major butt!”

“So, I heard,” Clark smiled.

“Oh, Lois said Linda's moving here. Is that true?”

“Why?” Clark asked slowly, his smile fading.

Jimmy shrugged. “Just curious.”

Lois tried not to laugh. “Yes, she is, Jimmy. She's staying with Clark and me for the time being. She's moving in today.” She patted his shoulder. "Would you like to join us for supper after she gets settled in?” She ignored the look Clark was giving her.

“Cool,” Jimmy grinned. “Thanks, Lois.” He hurried off to take care of some other work.

“Lois,” Clark said.

“Oh, come on, Clark,” Lois replied. “I don't think we need to worry about Jimmy. He's a great guy, and Kara can definitely handle herself. Besides, Perry and both of us will be there. It's just a small dinner welcoming your cousin to Metropolis. Nothing more, nothing less.”

Clark took a deep breath. “Okay, but I think we better let her know before they come over.”

“Speaking of which, where is she? At the apartment?”

A loud whooshing sound caught the attention of the entire newsroom, and everyone looked up to see a red blur flying past the second level windows. A lot of people stopped and stared as Clark turned to Lois, grinning. “Actually, she's taking in the sites.”

- - - -

“Stop, thief! Help, police!”

A gruff, unshaven man in jeans came running out of a jewelry story, holding a small leather bag with jewelry dangling out in one hand, and a gun in another hand. As he ran down the sidewalk, people scattered to get out of his way. He turned back and laughed at the jeweler as he ran, then turned back to see where he was going. He didn't even know he ran into something, but he certainly felt it. It was like running into a brick wall. He fell to the ground, the wind knocked out of him. He grabbed his head and rubbed it, then glanced up. His eyebrows shot up when he saw what he ran into.

Kara was standing in front of him, her hands on her hips. She was dressed in a short, bright red skirt with a matching cape and boots, layered over a royal-blue leotard. Across her chest was a red and yellow pentagonal shield with a stylized letter S. Her blond hair fell over her shoulders, and her blue eyes studied the thief.

“I don't think that stuff belongs to you,” she said calmly.

The thief growled as he got to his feet, standing several inches taller than her. He aimed his gun at her. “And what are you going to do about it?” He fired the gun several times, but the bullets simply bounced off Kara's chest. He jaw dropped as he stared at her. Kara looked at the gun, and two red beams shot from her eyes. They hit the gun, and it started glowing hot. The thief yelped as he dropped the gun and the bag of jewelry, holding his hand.

“Ready to give up?” she asked calmly, almost amused.

The thief responded by balling up his fist and hitting her face, but she didn't even flinch as his hand connected with her cheek. The thief howled in pain as he clutched his broken hand. “She broke my hand!” he shouted. “Superchick broke my hand.”

Kara just rolled her eyes as she reached over and grabbed the man's collar. She lifted him several inches off the ground. “You were the one who broke your own hand, mister. And by the way, the name isn't Superchick. It's Supergirl.” She glanced down the street as a police car came speeding towards them, sirens blaring. Still holding the thief over her head, she picked up the bag of jewelry and the gun, and walked back to the jeweler.

“I believe this belongs to you,” she said, handing the bag over.

“Uh . . . thanks,” the jeweler said slowly.

Kara turned to the officers, who looked somewhat surprised as they walked over from their car. “And I believe these belong to you.” She handed the gun to the elder of the two officers and lowered the thief to his feet.

“Thanks,” the elder officer replied.

“My pleasure.” Kara smiled. “Have a nice day.” She leapt into the air and flew away. The officers just stared up at the sky.

Kara smiled as she swooped and soared in the air, feeling the wind whip her hair and cape. It had felt so good to help out like that, just like something that Clark had told her she would never get tired of. For the first time since she arrived on Earth, she felt like she really belonged somewhere. She would miss her family and friends from Argo City dearly and never forget them, but she had been taught that no one can live in the past, nothing can be done to change it. She had a wonderful new world to live in, where she was accepted as a hero just like her cousin. And she also had a family that had accepted her without hesitation into their lives, something she would always be grateful for.

“Help! Somebody help me!”

Kara's hearing picked up the distress signal, and she pushed all of her thoughts aside as she descended in between the buildings toward the sound. She had work to do.

THE END (yes, it's done!)

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."