DISCLAIMER: None of these characters are mine. Most of these characters are from the L&C show, but Supergirl is a combination of the two essenses (Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis), and Zod, Ursa, and Non are from the second Superman movie. I'm not making any money off of this story, so sueing me would be pointless.

- - - -

A few minutes passed before Lois' phone rang. She picked it up on the first ring. “Lois Lane,” she answered.

“Lois, it's Martha.”

“Hey, Martha. How are things out in Smallville?”

“Well, that's why I was calling. It's about Kara.”

Lois furrowed her eyebrows. “What about her? Is everything okay?”

“Well, I don't know how much you know, but Kara was staring at her globe, and it started glowing. She got this far off look on her face, then said she had to find Clark. Before we could stop her, she took off for Metropolis.”

“Thanks, Martha. I'll tell Clark.” She said goodbye and hung up. She grabbed her things and left her desk, making her way to the elevators. She pressed the button and waited. The doors opened and she found herself looking at a young woman with dark brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a pair of tight-fitting jeans, a green t-shirt, and black flats.

“Oh, excuse me,” Lois said, but the young woman simply grabbed her arm and pulled her into the elevator. The doors quickly shut before Lois could protest.

“You're Lois Lane,” the young woman said.

Lois looked annoyed as she straightened herself. “Yeah, what's it to you?”

“I'm sure Clark has told you about me. I'm his cousin, Kara.”

Lois paused and stared at the young woman. This young woman didn't look anything like the Kara she saw, but she couldn't say anything and risk exposing Clark's secret. Still, she was curious. “Look,” she said, “I -”

Her eyes widened as the air around the young woman shimmered. Her entire appearance shifted and changed, like it was made of a fluid. Her eyes changed to a startling blue, and her hair lengthened past her shoulders and lightened to a golden blond. Even her clothes underwent a transformation, and soon she was attired in a black bodysuit, matching boots, and a burgundy tunic.

“Now do you believe me?” Kara asked.

“I . . . how did you do that?” Lois asked slowly. “I didn't think Kryptonians had the ability to alter their appearances. Or do things with their hands. And how did you get here so fast?”

“Well, I flew,” Kara said. “As to your other question, Kryptonians normally can't. It's hard to explain, Lois. I need to find Clark. It's important.” She took a breath. “I know how to defeat Zod and the others, but I'm going to need his help.”

Lois looked at the young woman, then pressed the elevator button for the photo labs. “Okay,“ she said. “How do you plan on doing it?”

“Actually, I should talk to Clark -” She was interrupted as the elevator pinged, arriving on their floor. Lois looked forward as the doors opened, and saw a few people waiting to get on. She jerked her head back towards Kara and did a double take. Kara now had short brown hair again, her eye color had changed back to brown, and her clothes had changed back to the jeans and t-shirt combo. She stood gaping with her mouth open, but Kara just smiled.

“Come on, Lois,” she said, grabbing her arm and pulling her out. “Our floor.” They waited until the people had gotten on the elevator and the door shut before Lois looked at Kara. “So, where's Clark?”

Lois was still reeling from Kara's transformation, so it took her a few seconds to register the question. “Uh . . . follow me.” Lois led the way down the hall until they came to a door at the end of the hall. It was photo lab. Lois knocked once.

“It's open,” Jimmy shouted from the other end. Lois opened the door and saw Jimmy, his back to her, taking some dried photos off their clothespins and started stacking them. Clark was leaning up against one of the cabinets, arms folded. He looked up as Lois came in.

“Clark, there's someone here to see you,” Lois said. She stepped to the side, revealing Kara. “It's your cousin.”

Clark straightened up and looked at Lois. She nodded silently, giving him a look. He immediately looked at the younger woman, and she smiled, giving a small wave. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

“Cousin?” Jimmy asked. He turned around and saw Kara, and he stopped short, his eyebrows shooting up. His mouth formed a small "o' shape. “Uh . . . hi . . .,” he said after a few moments. He dropped his work on the counter and came over, smiling nervously. “Hi . . . I'm . . . I'm . . .” He gave a pleading look to Lois.

Lois had to hide her smile as she looked at Kara. “This is Jimmy Olsen, one of our best photographers.”

“Hi,” Jimmy said, smiling goofily at Kara.

“Jimmy, this is . . .” She trailed off and looked at Clark, who looked just as lost as she did.

“Uh, this is my cousin,” Clark said. He trailed off, trying to think of a name.

Kara smiled at Jimmy. “Hi,” she replied. “I'm Linda Lee.”

“That's a nice name,” Jimmy said. He rubbed the back of neck with one hand nervously. “Hey, um, look, I know we just met, but would you like to get a bite to eat tonight?”

“Uh, Jimmy, that's a very nice offer,” Clark replied quickly, “but I promised Linda I'd show her around.” He ushered the two women out of the lab.

“Uh, sure thing, C.K.,” Jimmy replied distractedly. “Bye Linda.”

“Nice to meet you, Jimmy,” Linda said before Clark closed the door behind them, leaving Jimmy in the photo lab all by himself. He just stared at the closed door, then reality kicked in. He groaned, remembering how he acted toward the young woman.

“Nice going, Olsen,” he said. “Real smooth moves, buddy.” He continued to berate himself as he went back to his work.

(End of Chapter 11)

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."