DISCLAIMER: None of these characters are mine. Most of these characters are from the L&C show, but Supergirl is a combination of the two essenses (Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis), and Zod, Ursa, and Non are from the second Superman movie. I'm not making any money off of this story, so sueing me would be pointless.

- - - -

Superman tensed and braced himself for the impact as Non hurled him into the brick wall of a nearby building. The bricks showered down upon the man of steel as a cloud of dust was stirred up. He coughed and blinked his eyes repeatedly as he slowly got to his feet. He leaned against the edge of the gaping hole, trying to catch his breath. Suddenly, he felt two arms wrap around him from behind and lift him off his feet, squeezing him like a vice as he was carried away from the building to the middle of the street where Zod and Ursa were standing.

“The humans call you Superman,” Zod said smugly. “But you have shown that you are anything but. Admit it, Kal-El. I've won. This planet, and all its inhabitants belong to me. Swear eternal loyalty to me, and I just might spare your life.”

Superman glared back at the General. “Never,” he said.

“Very well,” Zod replied. He chuckled at the fallen hero before him. “You know, Kal-El, as much as I will enjoy killing you, going after the daughter of Zor-El will be much more pleasant.”

Superman felt no pain as the rage in him began building. He started struggling against Non's grip. “I swear it, Zod, if you hurt her in anyway you'll regret it.”

- - - -

Perry and Jimmy glanced over from the fight as they saw Lois sneaking up to them. “Lois, what are you doing here?” Perry asked.

“You asked me to get the story,” Lois replied. “So, here I am.” She glanced over and saw how much trouble her husband was in, and she looked worried. “Isn't there anything anyone can do?”

“Lois, they've got Superman's powers, and there's three of them,” Jimmy said as he went back to shooting photos.

“Jimmy's right,” Perry added. “Superman's going to need a miracle to get out of this one.”

- - - -

“I was right,” Zod looked pleased with himself. “Being on Earth has made you soft. But you're wrong, Kal-El. I don't wish to hurt her. At least, not until she's given me what is rightfully mine. However, if you wish to spare her any suffering, you can tell me where it is.”

“Where what is?” Superman asked.

“Don't pretend with me,” Zod glared at his enemy. “The globe Zor-El sent with his daughter.”

“I don't know what you're talking about.”

“Very well, Kal-El. You have sealed your fate, and hers.” He walked over until he was nose to nose with Superman. “I will find her, Kal-El, and I will find that globe. And once I have that in my possession, I will rule over this pathetic planet of yours.” He turned to Ursa. “Ursa, my dear, eliminate him.”

“A pleasure, my lord,” Ursa said before walking to the curb. She walked over to the curb and yanked a fire hydrant off the ground, sending water spewing into the air. She came back over to Superman and raised the hydrant over her head, intending to bash him into the ground.

With all her might, she brought the metal down, but before she hit Superman a black and red blur swooped out of the sky and slammed into the group. Ursa went hurtling backwards, while Zod and Non were thrown on opposite sides of the street. Superman lay where moments ago Non had been holding him, and he looked around to get his bearings. That was when he saw the source of the blur standing in front of him. Even though her back was to him, he recognized the black body suit and boots, the burgundy tunic, and the blond hair.

Kara stood protectively in front of her cousin, staring coldly at the trio as they slowly got to their feet. She made no movement as they converged in the middle of the street, just like gunfighters would in an old western movie.

“Chief, am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?” Jimmy asked, his eyebrows nearly shooting off his head.

“If you're seeing a young, blond girl standing down those three goons,” Perry answered, “then the answer is yes.”

Lois just stared at the young woman, knowing who she was from Clark's description, but she was still just as surprised as anyone else to see her standing on the street.

“So, the young imp decides to join the fight,” Zod looked somewhat amused. “Saves me the trouble of having to search for you later.”

“You have no business being here, Zod,” Kara said. “Your place is in the Phantom Zone, where my father and uncle banished you there years ago.”

“My rightful place is as the ruler of this planet,” Zod retorted. “Make your final moments on this planet merciful, young pup. Tell me where the globe is, and I will spare you and Kal-El a slow, agonizing death.”

“Never,” Kara growled. Using her super speed, she quickly grabbed the nearest thing, which happened to be a manhole cover leaning against a damaged parked car and picked it up with ease. She took aim and hurled the manhole at Zod like a Frisbee. The manhole cut through the air and slammed into Zod, knocking him backwards into a store window. Glass shattered and debris scattered.

Kara looked pleased with herself as Ursa and Non went to help their fallen leader. She turned around and helped support Superman as he slowly got to his feet. “Are you okay?” she asked.

“What are you doing here?” Superman looked sternly at her.

“I'm helping you,” Kara replied. “Three against one is not what I call the best of odds.” She was suddenly slammed into from behind by Non. The two flew down the street where Non rammed her into a brick wall, driving her deep into it, but not breaking it. She crumpled to the ground as Non straightened up, then turned around, proud of his accomplishment. His joy didn't last long as Kara got to her feet and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned his head, and Kara's fist connected with his face. Non went sailing through the air, landing in the middle of the street over a hundred feet away.

“Imbecile,” Zod said, staring down at Non. He glared at the young woman. “You shall pay for that, young imp.”

“It is you who shall pay, General Zod,” Kara said, her voice never faltering.

Zod chuckled. “You sound just like your father, Kara: pitiful and idealistic. And just like your father, I will crush you.” Kara's eyes narrowed and her arms tensed. Zod knew he's struck a nerve. “It was pathetic, really. Your parents, with their last dying breaths, begged me not to come after you.”

“You lie!” Kara shouted. “They would never beg to anyone, especially not to the likes of you!”

“Well, everyone is full of surprises.” He laughed, and Ursa joined in with him. Even Non managed a few grunts.

Kara stood in disbelief, listening to their taunting laughs. It slowly gave way to anger as she felt an energy stirring deep with in her. Her eyes narrowed until all she saw was the three responsible for the deaths of her parents and everyone else on Argo City. She planted her feet firmly, her fists tensed. The energy inside her flowed through her arms, and she thrust her hands out in front of her.

The force threw Kara back, and she landed on her back a good fifty feet from where she once stood. She blinked, her head foggy for a moment, as she felt her entire body aching. She carefully sat up as Superman came over and helped her to her feet.

“What happened?” she asked, slightly dazed. She glanced down the street and the daze cleared from her head. All three Kryptonians were laying in a damaged store two hundred feet back from where they once stood. “Whoa.”

“I'll say,” Superman said. “What was that?”

“I . . .” Kara paused. “I don't know.”

“What do you mean you don't know?” he asked.

“Look, can we talk about that later? We have other things to worry about.” She walked off to go check on the status of the three Kryptonians. Superman looked a bit stunned by how she spoke to him, but he quickly joined her. Together, they walked towards the store, but before they could get halfway to their targets the trio got to their feet.

“It's over, Zod,” Superman said.

“On the contrary,” Zod said. “It's only just begun.” Before either Superman or Kara could react, the trio shot into the air and were out of sight in seconds.

“Let's go,” Kara said. She started to leap into the air, but Superman grabbed her tunic and held her back.

“Whoa, whoa,” Superman said. “You're not going anywhere.”

Kara turned around to face him. “They're getting away. We have to stop them before they do something else.”

“No, we have to talk first,” Superman retorted. “There are a few things that you have not told be about, and we're going to get them cleared up right now.”

Kara put her hands on her hips. “Such as?”

Superman opened his mouth, then he glanced over Kara's head and saw a bunch of people, including Lois, Perry, and Jimmy, heading their way. “Not here,” he said. “We'll go back to Smallville. Now.” He leapt into the air. Kara glanced behind her then looked up. Taking a deep breath she leapt into the air, following her cousin.

The group watched the two disappear from sight, then they slowly began to disperse. Perry turned to Lois and Jimmy. “Lois, I want you to find out everything you can about who those people are. Superman seemed to know them, so get in touch with him, see what he has to say. Jimmy, get those pictures developed ASAP. We have a front page to get ready.”

Perry and Jimmy headed back toward the Planet, but Lois glanced back up into the sky for a moment before joining her friends.

(End of Chapter 8)

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."