DISCLAIMER: None of these characters are mine. Most of these characters are from the L&C show, but Supergirl is a combination of the two essenses (Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis), and Zod, Ursa, and Non are from the second Superman movie. I'm not making any money off of this story, so sueing me would be pointless.

- - - -

Jimmy carefully looked out from his hiding spot - behind a car parked further down the street - and looked through his viewfinder. He lined up another shot as the three super villains continued making their way down the street. He knew what he was doing was dangerous, if not stupid (as his heart pounding in his chest was constantly reminding him), but that was what being a newspaper photographer was all about. It was about taking chances, getting the right picture that would go on the front -

Jimmy heard a deep growl as the world in his viewfinder turned black. He glanced up, and his stomach turned to ice. Non was standing right in front of him, glaring down at the young photographer. Jimmy would have kicked himself mentally for being caught off guard, but before he could do anything Non grabbed him around the throat with one hand and lifted him off his feet.

“And what do we have here?” Zod asked as Non brought the young man over, still holding him around the neck. He saw Jimmy's face turning red. “Drop him, Non.” Non looked like a little kid who didn't want to give up his toy. He looked pleadingly at his leader. Zod was not moved by this. “Now, Non.” Sighing and grunting in defeat, Nod let go of his prize. Ursa walked over from where she had been damaging a parked car, and the three surrounded Jimmy.

- - - -

Perry had the Planet evacuated as soon as he got off the phone with Lois. While most of his employees had left the area Perry had remained at the Planet, staying sheltered with a brave few under the alcove of the front of the building; the reporter in him wouldn't allow him to leave, nor did he have any qualms about sending his best team to cover the story. However, when he saw Jimmy grabbed from his hiding spot and surrounded by those three super villains, Perry wondered if he had made a mistake.

- - - -

“What a puny human he is,” Ursa said, staring coldly at Jimmy. “Weak and unimpressive, just like the rest of them.” She looked at Zod. “May I play with him?”

Zod looked down at the photographer, who was trying his best not to appear frightened, then nodded, looking almost bored. Ursa smiled cruelly and grabbed Jimmy's shirt, lifting him a good six inches off the ground.

“Let him go, Ursa.”

The trio looked behind them and saw Superman standing in the middle of the street in front of the Daily Planet. His arms were crossed and his expression was just as cold as the trio's were. They looked almost surprised that they had been recognized, but their expressions quickly turned cold again.

“Oh, man, now you're gonna get it,” Jimmy wheezed, trying to grin through his grimace. Ursa didn't even look at him as she tossed him to one side. Jimmy landed on the sidewalk, the wind knocked out of him, but he quickly got to his feet and made his way to where Perry was standing.

“And who are you to be telling me what to do?” Zod asked.

Superman looked straight at Zod. “The name's Superman, Zod. And I would advise you to pack up and leave this planet. Now.”

“It's him,” Ursa whispered to her leader. “Remember from the holo-archives that the humans referred to Kal-El as Superman.”

Zod chuckled, amused by the nickname. “So, we finally meet, Kal-El,” he said as Ursa and Non flanked his sides. “How long I have waited for this moment.”

“For your defeat?” Superman asked.

“No, Superman,” Zod sneered. “For yours.” He narrowed his eyes at his enemy and two, concentrated heat beams shot from his eyes. Superman quickly focused two heat beams of his own to counter the attack. Both were equally matched in strength and power, and neither one seemed to be winning. However, when Ursa and Non focused their own heat beams with Zod's, it took all of Superman's strength to fight it, but it was eventually too much for him. The combined force of the heat beams slammed into Superman, throwing him backwards. He landed on the concrete, dazed.

Ursa wasted no time and ran at super-speed toward Superman. As he got to his feet, she rammed into him with all her might. Superman was hurtled through the air, smashing through the steel globe a fixed over the Daily Planet's entrance. The girders bent under the weight of the hero, and the entire fixture and Superman came crashing to the ground.

Superman slowly got to his feet and tried to get his bearings. They were a lot stronger than he was. Or maybe Lois was right; the odds weren't exactly in his favor. He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts, and he saw Perry, Jimmy, and a few other people under the alcove.

“Get out of here,” he said, sounding slightly out of breath. He didn't see Non as the giant Kryptonian came up behind him, holding a metal street pole like a baseball bat.

“Superman, look out!” Perry said. But the warning came too late. Superman turned his head, just as Non swung the pole at him. BAM! Superman went sailing through the air, landing on a parked car. The metal frame bent underneath the force of the impact, the glass shattering. Superman lay stunned as the trio moved in.

“Uh, Chief, this doesn't look good,” Jimmy said as he snapped off pictures. Perry couldn't argue with the young photographer.

- - - -

Martha was telling Kara a story about how Clark had troubles with one of his developing powers when he was younger as the two women walked in the front door of the farmhouse. They were all smiles and laughter, but they saw Jonathan staring at the television set, which was turned on to a special news report, and he looked grim. Martha and Kara's smiles quickly faded.

“Jonathan, what's wrong?” Martha asked.

“It's Clark,” Jonathan said. “He's fighting those three goons in Metropolis, and they seem to be winning.”

“They knew I came to Earth,” Kara replied. “It's my fault they're here. I have to go help.”

“Kara, wait -” Martha turned as she spoke, but she didn't get to finish the rest of her sentence as Kara ran out of the house in a blur, dropping her bags near the front door. Even before they hit the floor, the Kents heard a loud whoosh as Kara quickly took to the skies, heading east.

(End of Chapter 7)

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."