DISCLAIMER: None of these characters are mine. Most of these characters are from the L&C show, but Supergirl is a combination of the two essenses (Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis), and Zod, Ursa, and Non are from the second Superman movie. I'm not making any money off of this story, so sueing me would be pointless.

- - - -

In their bedroom Lois and Clark had just finished packing their overnight bags when their phone rang. Lois was the closest and answered it.

“Hello?” she said.

“Lois, it's me,” Perry's voice said. “Change of plan. You and Clark are not going to Smallville.”

“Why not?” Lois asked.

“Because there are three people tearing up the streets three blocks from the Daily Planet, and they're heading this way. Witnesses said they just dropped out of the sky and started tearing up the place. They heard one of them calling himself General Zod. Here's the clincher: they all seem to have the same powers as Superman. Now, I've already sent Olsen down there to get pictures. I want you and Clark to get on this immediately.” He hung up before Lois could say anything.

“What's going on?” Clark asked, noticing Lois' expression as she hung up the phone.

“Those three goons after Kara are here in Metropolis,” Lois answered. “They're heading toward the Daily Planet. Perry wants us to go down and cover it. Jimmy's already there.” Even before she finished Clark had already changed into Superman.

“I'll go deal with Zod and the others,” he said.

“Clark, there are three of them, and one of you,” Lois replied.

“Lois, I can handle them.”

“And what am I going to do?”

“Stay away from the area.” He quickly left the apartment through the bedroom window and was gone.

Lois stood for a moment, mouth gaping slightly. Then the reporter part of her kicked in, and she took a deep breath, grabbed her purse from the bed, and hurried out of the bedroom.

(End of Chapter 6)

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."