DISCLAIMER: None of these characters are mine. Most of these characters are from the L&C show, but Supergirl is a combination of the two essenses (Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis), and Zod, Ursa, and Non are from the second Superman movie. I'm not making any money off of this story, so sueing me would be pointless.

- - - -

A newspaper vendor was stacking some bundles of that morning's edition of the "Daily Planet' when he heard three loud whooshing sounds over head. He and other people on the street looked up, and his eyes nearly jumped out of his head. Three humanoid forms, two men and one woman, were slowly descending into the middle of the street. They landed in the middle of traffic, effectively stopping cars in both directions as people stopped and stared.

The eldest was General Zod, the leader of the trio. He stood slightly taller than six feet, with dark brown hair, brown eyes, and a matching goatee with a slightly longer beard. He was dressed in a simple black body suit with a black tunic over it and black boots and holding was appeared to be a silver electronic keypad in his left hand.

Standing on his left was another man, Non, who was a good foot taller and more muscular than him, also with dark brown and brown eyes, and dressed in a black body suit, tunic and boots.

Flanking his right side was a woman with long legs, Ursa. She had short brown hair, brown eyes, and a voluptuous body hidden beneath a black body suit and tunic. Her boots, black with stiletto heels, made her just as tall as her leader.

“They seem a primitive bunch,” she said to the others as they looked around at their new surroundings and the people staring back at them. She looked at Zod. “Are you sure that she was sent here?”

“Take a look around you, my dear,” Zod said. “Her father sent her here because he knew she would be able to blend in with the humans who already live here. And remember that Jor-El sent his son here years ago, so it would reason that she is here as well. No doubt Kal-El has found her and hidden her.” He glanced around and walked over to the newspaper vendor, who was trembling. With his free hand, he grabbed the vendor by his neck and hoisted him a good half foot off the ground. “Where are they?”

“Who?” he wheezed, struggling to breath.

“The daughter of Zor-El!” Zod glared. “The son of Jor-El! Where are they?”

“I - I - I don't kn-kn-kn-know,” the man said. He was flung aside, and he crashed into his stand. The wooden structure fell apart, its contents scattering.

Zod looked at the keypad in his hand and sighed with contempt. “Though these are *not* the right coordinates.” He growled. “That blasted Dragga gave us the wrong coordinates! I shall kill him!”

“You already have,” Ursa said dryly. “Remember Argo City? After everything else was dead and you learned where the young imp had been sent you showed your gratitude to Dragga and his men for helping us out by crushing their skulls.”

“Ah, yes,” Zod replied with mild amusement. “That was fun. Unfortunately, now we have no idea where the children of our enemies are. And I *will* have my vengeance.”

Ursa smirked. “Perhaps, if we can't go to them, we can have them come to us.”

Zod looked interested and said, “How so?”

“Remember what Jor-El and Zor-El were like on Krypton?” Ursa asked. “They may have been raised in the Kryptonian ways, but they had one weakness - they cared. No doubt that Zor-El passed that on to his daughter, and from what I've heard about Kal-El from the holo-archives we found on Argo City, he cares about these humans. We could use that weakness to draw them into the open and kill them.”

Zod slowly smiled at his right-hand's logic. “Let us draw our enemies out and destroy them. Then we will take over this puny planet, with me as the supreme ruler.” He walked to the middle of the street, facing the crowd of people that had formed around him. “Citizens of Planet Earth! My name is General Zod! I am your new ruler! Kneel before Zod or face my wrath!”

“Yeah, we'll see about that!” a thirty-something man in jeans and a t-shirt yelled from the sidewalk. “Just because you can fly, doesn't make you stronger! This is Metropolis, pal!” Other people voiced their agreement. Zod pondered this for a moment, then walked up to the man.

“Is that so?” he asked condescendingly. “You think that you - a mere human - can overpower me?” He folded his arms. “Go ahead, human.”

The man balled up his fist and slammed it into Zod's face. It was like hitting hard granite. The man hollered in pain as he clutched his fist. Zod easily lifted him by his shirt and tossed him over his head. The man landed on the other side of the street, crashing into a wooden bench. Some people scattered, while others were paralyzed in fear and couldn't move.

Ursa chuckled before walking over to light pole. She grabbed it with both hands and yanked hard. The pole broke off, sparks flying from the live wires, but it didn't bother her as she snapped the pole in half, like she was breaking a stick. She tossed the two pieces over her shoulders. They landed on the top of a parked car, bending the frame and shattering the windows.

Non growled eagerly, wanting to get in on the fun. He walked over to a blue mail box and ripped it from its base. With no effort, he hurtled the metal box into the window of a store, shattering the glass, setting off its alarm.

The remainder of the people who had been too scared to move were now running for their lives, screaming. The trio paid them little attention as they walked down the street, destroying anything in their paths.

(End of Chapter 4)

I'm too young and boyish to go to jail. - "Top Copy"

Who's your buddy, huh, who's your pal? - "Tempus Fugitive"

Chief, instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, what if we got lives of our own that were a little more interesting? - "And the Answer Is . . ."