Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Nice part, sounds like this will be fun.

BTW you forgot the Arrow symbol so it may be missed by some.

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
I enjoyed both parts, particularly the second.

It's a different set up and I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Arrowed now. Thanks!

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hah! I like it! Martha's telling off both Lois and Clark! And Martha's smiling when she's thinking of the prospect of teaching Lois some manners! And Lois... okay, fine, I usually want her to be quite likable, but this is fun, too. And Clark is fun! And angry! And Martha is forcing Clark to be Lois's instructor and slave driver at the farm. Ooooh, this is going to be fun! laugh

Ann

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I loved this! This is a fabulous setup, combined with your writing style, that is going to make for a great story!

Are you going to elaborate on how the Kents knew the Lanes?

I can't wait for more!
Amber

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Let's see, where to begin?

Loved Clark's characterization of Lois.

“I don’t see why you have to feed it,”
Then, when Clark uses objectionable language, Martha corrects him.

“I don’t care how long you’ve been standing upright to piddle, you will not use that language in my house.”
I very nearly hurt my face laughing.

And how cool is Martha?

“See? See? I told you,” he said, immediately leaping from his chair when she walked through the door. “Well?”

Martha frowned at his sudden restlessness. “She certainly is…”

“Rude, right? Stuck up? Obnoxious?”

“I was going to say gorgeous,” Martha replied, starting to pack up the leftovers and turning her back to him so he wouldn’t see her smile.

“Mom! How can you even say that?” he asked, betrayed.
But everything's not peaches and cream at the Kent household. Jonathan's not there and Martha is doing this favor for extra money.

“On the other hand, fifteen thousand dollars for taking a spoiled brat through a few weeks worth of chores ain’t that bad.”
That's a lot of money. I wonder if she knows about Lois' dual identity (nice touch introducing the secret identity concept this way). I also wonder where Ellen is. Did she and Sam divorce or did she die (as Jonathan apparently has)? If so, is there an opportunity for senior romance here? That would certainly be original. It might also be a wonderful chance for the youngsters to show how much they've grown during the weeks of Lois' incarceration and torture.

And Clark and Lois are going to get along like two bobcats in a burlap bag. The fur is going to fly, especially when Lois tries to milk old Bessie. (You are going to show us that, aren't you? Pretty please? With chocolate sprinkles?)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol
Sonia, can I just say again that I thoroughly love the way you write? Your wit and humor really shine through in your characterizations, yet they're always tempered by an honesty and humanity. The real-ness of them is just a pleasure to read.
“Well, hellloo,” she muttered, taking in the way his jeans hugged muscular thighs. Her gaze traveled upward, cataloging the fitted tee-shirt that revealed the immense biceps that bulged from his crossed arms. Finally reaching the chiseled jaw and tousled-dark hair, she was taken aback by the scowl and the hard glint in the intense dark eyes that were staring back at her.

and

“That’s Prada!” she exclaimed as he unceremoniously dropped her largest bag onto the ground.
We learn so much about where Lois is coming from and where Clark is from this passage. Oh, man. Sparks in dry underbrush doesn't even start to describe it.

“I don’t care how long you’ve been standing upright to piddle, you will not use that language in my house.”
Had me ROTFL! This is such a good Marth comment and is in total character.

“Clark, yes,” she repeated, sitting down and taking the cover plate off of the food. “Tall, dark hair, angry eyes, metal rod stuck up his a…”
LOL! I know that some people on the boards don't care for cussing, but when used well, it certainly adds a certain dimension to your characters. Just with the few glimpses we've gotten of her, I already love and feel sorry for this Lois.

For Martha and Clark, too. It's apparent that they've lost Jonathan and that Clark is giving up his future to take care of his mother ... and hide. Martha sure doesn't pull her punches, does she?

I agree with Terry on this one:
"Clark and Lois are going to get along like two bobcats in a burlap bag. The fur is going to fly"
I can't wait!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Fun!

More soon!

Sorry - that's all the coherence I got at the moment... :p

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sonja, you have a really great story there goofy

Poor Clark and Martha, having lost Jonathan. And I’m really starting to think that this is going to be a double-therapy-session. Only, Clark doesn’t know he’s stuck on a farm and getting his wetware fixed :p

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everyone else already said what I wanted to say.

I'll just repeat:

Great!

More soon!

Top Banana
Top Banana
When I read Part 1 I wasn't sure about going farther. I mean, I really couldn't stand Lois. (I guess I should say Lola.)

However, with this part you turned me completely around. The setting is engaging and I'm enjoying the fact that not only don't they get along, they are barely civil to each other.

In general I have to echo the echo of Iolan. My reactions were very much along the lines of the FDK posted above.

I am very much looking forward to the next part.

Bob

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Otay, I understand the Pride and Prejudice part, am not sure where the Miley Cyrus referances come from (I thought she was a neat kid who worked with her dad), and have no clue who Jimmy Choos is. I hope I'm smart enough to read this story.

Elisabeth

F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Elisabeth:
not sure where the Miley Cyrus referances come from (I thought she was a neat kid who worked with her dad)
Miley Cyrus played a character named Miley Stewart who in turn played singer Hannah Montana

Originally posted by Elisabeth:
have no clue who Jimmy Choos is
Jimmy Choo makes very costly ultra high heeled women's shoes and boots.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Whoo! Okay, so three papers, two presentations, one class down, and forever later... I'm back! (To answer the question: I'm a PhD student in social sciences not behavioral, so unfortunately I won't be able to charge people for my analyses).

I think some of the questions about backstory (i.e. Ellen, Jonathan, how they all know/knew eachother, etc) will unspool as we go along wink

I can understand the oppositions to cussing- personally I don't do it myself, but in the case of the story, I think it aids our idea of Lois's--shall we say--rough edges. And as such, maybe we'll see if she gets any smoother.

I'm glad you guys decided to stay beyond the first chapter! Onward we go...

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard