Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, fair warning: I know I like to flip everything familiar on its ear, so I completely understand if what I'm serving is not everyone's cup of tea. wink

Thanks in advance for those who are willing to play!

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful start. And Tess Mercer? Too cute.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I'm hooked.

When you first mentioned Lola Dakota, I figured Lois Lane and when you started to describe her as a blonde partygirl/starlet, I was really confused. Poor Lois, how did she fall so deep evil

Micheal, hoping this is rock-bottom and a LnC-waff-fest from now on, but somehow I doubt it. :p

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Love it! Love it! Love it!

A world where Lois is a rebellious Mylie Cyrus and Jimmy Olsen is Perez Hilton? BRILLIANT!

I was giggling through the whole thing, especially at lines like:
“Dr. Phil called,” she stated in answer to his comment.

“Damn. It’s gotten that bad?”
And
“I can’t get Lei’d in Kansas!”
clap Consider that fire practically raging beneath your chair!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
Wow, definitely different and interesting! (who is Tess Mercer?) Loved her confusion at Kansas. smile
So, obviously she has to meet Clark now - or rather, some version of Clark, right?
Can't wait to see where you are going with this. cool

G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
ok, I just googled Tess Mercer - Lex's hand-picked successor on the Smallville series!
Oh well, now I know - my excuse is that I have not watched too many of the Smallville series, just bits and pieces.

G
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
G
Just realised the title - "Pride and Prejudice etc" - so is this going to have some story line from the book/movies? Ooh I hope so, this could be so good - PaP is a long time fav of mine.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
A world where Lois is a rebellious Mylie Cyrus and Jimmy Olsen is Perez Hilton? BRILLIANT!
Yes, and Tess Mercer, too! This mixing of universes is going to be lots of fun - looking forward to more.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Interesting!

I haven't seen the new Hannah Montana movie [7yo will want to though /sigh/] but it sounds a bit like what I've heard about that [nothing wrong with that of course smile ].

I'm in so get writing and get posting!
Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I find it ever harder to start reading a new LnC story these days, for whatever reason - staying committed to one I'm already interested in is another matter. Well, I think I'm going to commit myself to your story, Sonia. My best friend is the world's greatest Jane Austen fan, and I remember once buying a copy of Pride and Prejudice for her birthday, and she thanked me because both of the copies she already owned were falling apart because of too much reading! laugh

And is Clark going to be Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy? It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. Ah, Clark, you are in possession of a good set of superpowers at the very least, plus a generous endowment of charm and great looks. Surely you must be in want of a wife? A wife like Lois? Or Lola? But Lola-Lois is perhaps more like the flirty and flighty youngest Bennet sister, Lydia, than she is like the sensible older sister Elizabeth? Ah, but maybe she is just as proud?

Okay, you've got me hooked! Bring on the rest, Sonia!

Ann

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This is a very interesting start! I doubt there's a much greater letdown in the world than expecting Hawaii and getting Kansas. Wow. I am intensely curious how this is going to play out, how this Lois came to be.

Does your muse respond to bribery? wink

Looking forward to more!
Amber

sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Lol, thanks for all the responses. I've been thinking a bit, and I feel it might help to 'splain some things.

I said this was AU but Elseworld may actually be a better classification. I tend to take a mixed bag of anything Superman related and stick the pieces together in different ways. You're gonna see some character names from all over the place (as Frame already noticed with Tess wink ) but I hope that doesn't scare you off--no previous knowledge is necessary. If the characters are important, you'll meet them accordingly.

I have a hard time describing my own writing, but I think I can say that I tend to do more character delving than plotty stuff, so you can expect the main dish of Lois and Clark to be served with a side of humor. 90% of my brain power is being dominated by things like dissertation prospectuses, SPSS, multiple regression analyses, presentations, final exams, and the like, so I wouldn't expect to get into too many complications over here. It should be a fun ride if anything.

Michael- I'm happy Lola=Lois wasn't spoiled early in the narrative. I was hoping that people would be kept guessing for a little while!

Sue- You're welcome to add kindling whenever you like! Those lines made me laugh too- I'm not as worried about my sense of humor now wink

Games- Don't worry about the Smallville knowledge. Even if you did watch, you'd only be able to identify the cameos. There will be veerrrry little correlation here. That goes for the comics, movies, and TV series as well.

Mosley- Yep, we're mixing (and I still have more stirring to do).

Carol- In case you do get sucked into taking DD7 to see Hannah, please know that you won't be spoiled here wink What you've seen in the trailer is about as far as we go premise wise...

Speaking of premise...

Ann- The title is more abstract than descriptive, methinks. It has more to do with the tone than with the actual content, so I don't guarantee any appearances by Mr. Darcy at this point.

Amber- Glad you're along for the ride! We'll peel away at the layers (or secret identities) as we go. Bribery? I think that just may work. Have your people call my people.

'Til we meet again!
~sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Having been forcibly introduced to Miley/Hannah when the phenomenon first hit the small screen, I got most of what was going on the first time. Lois seems to be more Lindsay Lohan than Miley Cyrus at this point, but sending her to rehab in Kansas is almost cruel. She's been partying so hard she's forgotten how to be a real person. And you cannot blow off Good Morning America without paying a serious price for it.

I suspect that this will be a lighter story than most ("..can't get lei'd...") and that Clark will come in somewhere along the line to help Lois re-ground herself in reality. If so, please, please show us Lois trying to milk a dairy cow!

Looking for more. Oh, fantastic title, too! It certainly caught my eye.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
Love the title! originally skipped past the post - but I'm glad I did that double take! very refreshing idea - it took me awhile to appreciate the fact that part of what I love most about LnC is Lnc - the characters and their interactions, not necessarily the whole story plot. So, me waits impatiently for more posts!

ps - you a psych phd candidate?

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Other than the reference to Hannah Montana, I didn't really catch any of the other references (other than getting a Cat Grant visual for Tess). However, I'm thrilled that you're working on a new story.

Loved the tone and the direction this Elseworld seems to be taking (Kansas instead of Hawaii!? I totally sympathize with Lois) and can't wait to see how Clark figures into the story.

More sooner, kay?
BJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just a quick post - it's hilarious so far!

You've got the dissipated teen star down just right!

Post more soon.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard