#62956 04/24/09 03:21 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments welcome.

To make up for the fact that this is late, my plan is to post chapter 6 on Sunday and 7 on Tuesday (which should get me back on schedule). However, to be honest, next week looks much worse than this week did, so I may not get online. And then I'm traveling internationally for two weeks. So, I'm going to try to stick with a schedule, but may end up randomly posting.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Very nice part. I really enjoyed the confrontation with the two youths.

I hope you have Clark take some criminology classes.

Many towns have Police cadet programs and something like that would be useful to him.

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, Nancy, that was a deep part. First you show us Clark's anger management and then you whack him over the head with Metropolis' Lost Boys. The poor guy.

And i so loved his Lois-interactions and I think Steve is right. They do need to get out the LnC-dictionary and flip to page 17 - screaming matching before the first kiss. goofy BTW, fighting over grammar and Lois is already high up on her high horse? Yeah, Clark certainly has a shot at the internship.

The frat-party thing has me worried. Bad things happen when Lis is going to a party. Oh wait, that's what happens in Carol-fic. So, what happens in Nancy-fic? Is Clark just so fed up with Lois' behavior that he falls for Star or Maddie.

The one thing that really surprised me, was that Lois is actually into the whole partying-scene shock

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Another great part!

I loved the immediate turn about from amicable conversation to fighting! So typical. How long is it going to take Clark to figure out that Maddie (or whoever else) pales in comparison? How long is it going to take for Lois to become jealous, either openly or secretly?

And what a grim slice of reality for Clark...I doubt he'll be able to take much more of that before the Boy in Black becomes a more proactive character.

Glad you'll be posting again soon!
Amber

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
love it! but, its actually pretty common for kids in the midwest, farm states, red states - small towns - whatever, to get pregnant young or married young, its just not as drug-heavy as cities are (weed's there, but not more expensive drugs) and drinking is pretty popular. but anyway, Smallville is probably special...

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice part. So Clark is getting acquainted with the darker and seedier stuff.

I think while Lois is inventing herself, she will want to try everything at least once, and maybe that's why she wants to go to the frat party.

Clark and Maddie... really? wink

smile1 thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks for the comments! It's been a busy weekend, so it's been good to log on for a few minutes and see comments. (Although the weekend was busy in a good way - got lots done.)

Patrick - The criminology classes are a great idea! I may use that, although we're pretty far from a place where Clark is really doing a good job of preparing for helping rather than doing everything by the seat of his pants.

Michael -
The frat-party thing has me worried.
My first thought was "Carol didn't write this fic!" confused

I guess you'll have to see what happens when Lois goes to a frat party in Nancy-fics. I should warn you - it's a lot less interesting. wink

amberlea - Expect it to be awhile before Lois and Clark recognize their interactions as attraction. Long before the end of the story, but there's a way to go yet.

sarahg - I'm making guesses here, but this story is in "real time" for canon. So, it's currently the mid-1980s and I'm guessing not that common for kids in small towns to have access to drugs or too many pregnancies. I graduated high school several years after this on the outskirts of NYC and while there was plenty of access to marijuana if you wanted it, it wasn't pervasive and I don't know of too many people with much harder drugs. And only one pregnancy in my graduating class.

AnKS - Lois' interest in the frat party probably will never be completely obvious, although there is a little clue in a later chapter.

I'll post chapter 6 in a few minutes.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I was in high school around that time frame in the Midwest. We heard a lot of rumors about junior high kids who got pregnant, but it wasn't common by any stretch of the imagination. We had somewhere between 800 and 1000 kids in junior high with me. I think there were two pregnancies.

I would have found the entire encounter eye-opening.

Elisabeth

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by anonpip:

Michael -
The frat-party thing has me worried.
My first thought was "Carol didn't write this fic!" confused

I guess you'll have to see what happens when Lois goes to a frat party in Nancy-fics. I should warn you - it's a lot less interesting. wink

I would be offended but... wink

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Elisabeth! That is what I assumed.

Carol - It's not really my fault you have a bit of a reputation, is it? laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard