OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This was a great part! I must admit, I didn't expect Lois not to make the paper, but the way you did it was great. And then clearly she was impressed with Clark's work, which of course she would never admit.

More soon please!

Amber

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
oooh, so linda already slept with paul and got the spot?

but even more important, i love the relationship going with these 2, lois and clark coming into their own. great stuff!

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part.

It would be nice if Clark & Lois could talk about their pieces with each other.

I hope Lois tells Clark his piece is well written but if he did thus and so here and on this point....

Then Clark could do the same to her piece and they could end up, perhaps on a dare, submitting them both to the Daily Planet or the The Metropolis Star.

Have one or both get accepted and .....

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
You know I've always wanted to read more about how Clark learns to be a Superman, and this story covers some stuff like learning languages, maps, blending in, figuring out how to help... wow!!
And it's interesting to know more about how unsure he is as he's figuring it all out like... extempore..

Loved it smile

Lois and Clark interactions are fantastic laugh

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy dizzy

The rescue scene seemed sort of pointless, for Clark that is. He tried to go there and help and all he ended up doing was being an observer. Poor guy. I guess now he has to figure out how to change into tights, huh?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks everyone for the comments! As always, I really appreciate them.

amberlea - No, I think Lois (at this point anyway) finds it hard to admit that there might be others that are also strong writers, particularly to their faces. But she'll come around... eventually.

sarahg - Actually, there is no "spot" for the school paper. The DP internship has one spot. The Titan doesn't typically take freshman at all. Which doesn't mean much of anything for Linda, just that the fact that Lois and Clark didn't get it doesn't mean anything since likely no one did.

Patrick - My first thought was that it seemed too early in the story for Lois and Clark to get published in the Planet. Then I realized - I doubt the Planet or the Star would be interested in Clark or Lois' stories. Neither of their topics were the type of things a city newspaper would carry - Clark wrote about orientation and Lois about the cafeteria lines.

Now other stories they may write... well, you'll just have to RAFO. :p

Thanks, AnKS! You know I wasn't planning to cover so much of what Clark doesn't know yet about being Superman. It was more that once I started writing, I realized there was so much he didn't know.

I'm not sure - I think canon Clark might have been better prepared before he became Superman. Just his travels helped him learn languages and navigate is my guess.

Michael - You really think Lois is not going to apply for the DP internship as she's scared off by Clark? confused

Seriously, the internship application process is the crux of the article and a lot changes between Lois and Clark before then. And more than that, Lois changes a lot before then. She figures herself out a lot faster than Clark does (although I'm imagining her still slipping back into old roles from time to time...)

Yes, and sadly it isn't that unusual for Clark's "rescues" to be pointless. Sometimes he does help, but lots of times he goes as he feels like he could help, but then once he gets there, he's not sure what to do if he wants to appear normal. He really has a lot to learn.

Luckily, this Clark has met a certain brunette much earlier than canon Clark. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard