Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62729 04/15/09 08:31 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yes, I'm still estimating 5 or 6 parts, depending on how much "what happens next" I decide to show. The next part will be pretty long since The Big Discussion really needs to be one part.

Yes, Terry, my toys may find a new place to play, but hopefully they won't be broken when they get there. wink Thanks for the encouragement to be flexible.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#62730 04/15/09 06:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wish I hadn't read this so late at night because when I got to your wonderful description of the timeline changes (cf Dr. Klein's speech) I was just too tired to parse it all out in my head.

You must have put a lot of thought into it. Time travel fics are inherently wonky. Good job in examining the implications here.

(Now, off to bed so I can read this with a less-tired brain tomorrow!)

P.S. Excellent fic. I want more. Soon. Please.

#62731 04/15/09 07:47 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the feedback, Iolan. I was beginning to wonder if I'd lost everyone's interest with the necessary housekeeping details. You'll get more tomorrow, (Thursday, that is, since it's already tomorrow here and I'm off to bed as well), and it will be lovely character stuff with no pseudo-science talk involved. smile

#62732 04/15/09 07:48 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was fun. thumbsup I liked Bernie’s lecture on time line theory. My head is all abuzz with ideas on time travel and potential story opportunities of ultra complicated time loops. For whatever reason, I’ve never considered a time travel story before. Hmm… Anyway, nice Bernie section. clap

It was my impression that the younger Lois seems to be getting her bearings a bit more in this section. She didn’t feel as lost as she did previously.

I was surprised that Lane jumped CJ the way she did. Was he supposed to know that they were keeping the “Daddy is Superman” secret from the kids? Even if he was supposed to know, under the circumstances it would be understandable that he made a mistake.

That discussion between the younger couple should be very interesting. I’m anxious to see what they say to each other. Even better, what are they thinking? And finally, are they going to be honest with each other.

It should be… interesting.

Bob

#62733 04/15/09 08:04 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Bob! I came back here to edit my last post and saw yours. The edit was going to say:

I'm not the only one who put a lot of thought into the time mechanics. Bob and Ray helped a lot.

So, I'm glad you liked it. Even though I couldn't use every idea, just having different points of view helped me work it out.

See, Lois realized she shouldn't have been so harsh on poor Clark, but she was a little testy at the time. She got over it quickly, though, and he didn't take offense.

Yeah, The Big Discussion will go up tomorrow. It's time to get it posted before I tweak it to death. It's done, but the denoument isn't. So it might be a day or two after that before I decide exactly how this story is going to end.

And then I know we will all want a sequel, but I've got a new foster child coming soon and it is completely unpredictable how long it will take him to settle in. Could be an easy baby, a cranky baby, or a headstrong toddler with ADHD. Never know until he shows up. So, it could literally be a year before I have time to write again, or it could be only a few weeks. We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks again!

#62734 04/16/09 03:05 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part. I agree with everyone's comments above.
I especially love the scene when Martha called and the kids were excited about meeting Superman and then Lois fussing at Clark and then Clark's reaction. Loved it

robinson
#62735 04/16/09 03:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry I have been lax with the feedback, but I am still reading and still enjoying.

I posted in the comments section on Sue S.'s Richochet story that I have a hard time thinking of past/future versions of Lois and Clark as being separate people. In my mind, I am always 'me', no matter what year it is. I mention this because you have managed to force me to change my original perception (and that's a good thing. It means I am willing to follow where you lead.) By bringing past Clark into the future, and having all four 'people' interact with each other, I have no choice but to view them as unique individuals.

I'm curious to see how this all wraps up!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#62736 04/16/09 04:16 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, Vicki. I think that's the issue that L & C are dealing with, too, especially since the young ones are at least half in love with the older ones. Then they've got their younger partner to deal with. Does that mean they love them too? Are they the same person or someone different? I think the answer is ambiguous. They're the same basic personality but with different life experience.

#62737 04/16/09 10:30 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Splitting the timeline, huh? And the dressing-down was fun, too. Well, for me, anyways smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#62738 04/18/09 11:25 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
So, first off, I loved your explanation of how PL and PC could keep their memories and not destroy FC and FL.

Second, on a completely personal note, I loved this:

“A bushel and a peck?”

With a catch in her throat, Lane answered, “a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck.”
My grandmother used to say this to me all the time when I was a little girl. It was only a couple of years ago, right after she passed away, that I realized it was from a Doris Day song. I was very close to my grandmother and I still well up a little whenever I see/hear this line.

Back to your story - I'm looking forward to seeing PC and PL talk. Up until now, they seem to have avoided interacting with each other, so it will be interesting to see how they react.

#62739 04/18/09 01:27 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh Anonpip! I'm so glad you posted that. You are the one who gave me that line, but I didn't remember from whom I got it. I posted in the fanfic related forum asking for a line like that that a child and parent might use. My initial idea was that PL would recognize it from her childhood and it would help her relate to the kids but it didn't get used in quite that way. I wanted to thank you, so now I know who to thank:

Thanks to Anonpip for the "bushel and a peck" line!

#62740 04/18/09 03:05 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
That's pretty funny. I completely don't remember that. Glad I could help, though.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard