carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next post: Thursday or Friday

Chapter 12 Preview
Clark moved in front of her, taking her face in his hands and kissing her hard.

Her arms wrapped around his neck and his moved to wrap around her waist, pulling her tight against him as they lost themselves in the kiss.

It was several minutes later that they both pulled back, more than slightly out of breath.
Is that better wink ?

Thanks smile !

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Carol, once again ending on a cliffy! The angst and drama are in full flow.

More soon!

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
I was waiting for that! pregnant lois - wouldn't be carolfic without it! but at least we know the father is clark, invulnerable swimmers indeed! sigh, these are so addictive

Top Banana
Top Banana
I fell behind again but got caught up today.

This is so hard on Lois. Having him be such a central part of her life and then no memory of her at all. And then to have the memory loss linger... aargh!

That was very nice of Lana to tell the truth. I didn't expect it but I guess I've come to expect a "Cat - type" reaction from any woman interested in Clark in an amnesia situation. I was glad to see a more serious approach here.

And of course Lois is pregnant. I hope he either gets his memory back soon.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, Lana? You were a ridiculous nice author, way more so than I anticipated. :p

It had been nearly two months and Clark still didn't remember anything.
BUT THIS?! I finally remembered to whisper-scream in this house and open up a feedback box instead of waking up the neighborhood.

?!

She hadn't told him that they were married.

But still nothing.

And now they were graduating.
Princess of Evil.

"Are you feeling okay? You haven't eaten much lately and you seem pale a lot of the time."

"Just stress, I guess," she said. "I don't have much of an appetite these days."

"If it gets much worse, I want you to come in and make sure there's not something else going on."
And that something else going on...I'll just throw my hands up in the air and leave it at that.

And of course it's that something else. I'm billing you if I end up buying Rogaine for women after this part. goofy

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Yes, that's much better! (the preview)

I am so glad she finally talked to Martha. But it's not like she had much choice at this point.

So they've graduated...what's the plan for college? How do we get from here to the Daily Planet? Or is that outside the scope of this story?

More soon please!
Amber

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
She looked at her hands. "I've had a huge crush on you since we were little. I had this idea that I could tell you that we had a thing on the side because you didn't want to break Lois' heart but... I can't do that. You love her. You have since she and I were in kindergarten and you were in first grade."
Hmm, your Lanas have always been nicer then we expect in the L&C Verse. smile

She thought again about reading the journal she'd brought home
Drat, so Clark can't find it.
Lois sat back down on the bed and couldn't look at him. "We need to talk."
Talk, hmm, nope sorry don't trust you. You have some evil twist planned.

So Nightfall II?, The arrival of Zara? Jason Trask comes to town? Lois meets Lex Luthor at College?

Or perhaps a total meltdown.

Lois miscarries. She and Clark draw even more away from each other and both go off to college.

Jason Trask shows up in Smallville because the Government does know about there was a super being that saved them all.

At college Lois meets Lex and he pays her a LOT of attention.

Zara shows up laying claim to Clark.

Nightfall II is detected on course to Earth.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Two months?!? frown

Yay, at least someone other than Lois knows that Lois and Clark are married. laugh

Lana surprised me, but good for her.

The next preview looks promising but has he started remembering? Maybe the wedding rings / something from the wedding day could be a trigger...??

smile1 thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice Lana!

So glad she told Martha.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
F
Blogger
Blogger
F
Ok, who was surprised that Lois is pregnant? wink

At least she told Martha and I am curious to know how Clark will take it. Very glad about Lanas reaction.

Nice preview, I hope I don´t misinterpret it"

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ok, who was surprised that Lois is pregnant?
I was utterly stunned. I never saw that coming.

/end sardonic comment

When will Clark learn to push the asteroid instead of slamming into it full tilt? Oh, well, it does give us loads of dramatic possibilities. And this is one of the good ones. I wonder if Clark will regain his memory when Lois puts their child in his arms? And will he believe her when she tells him they're married? Will she ever read his journal, or will he have to read it himself to make himself remember?

Can't wait to see Sam and Ellen when they hear about their impending grandchild and their new son-in-law who doesn't know it. Should be dynamic.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay, Carol-fic early in the morning. (Wanted to post help wink

Clark moved in front of her, taking her face in his hands and kissing her hard.

Her arms wrapped around his neck and his moved to wrap around her waist, pulling her tight against him as they lost themselves in the kiss.

It was several minutes later that they both pulled back, more than slightly out of breath.
I think I know why Clark isn't going near Lois. He's afraid of his unhealthy urges to make a woman out of Lois laugh Poor boy needs to learn and open his mouth to T A L K. spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! This was a nice balance of angst and sweetness. (Although an outside observer might notice a paucity of sweetness -- guess my standards have been lowered. smile )

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow! I was surprised that Lana was so nice. But then again, she was nice in OTOH too, so I shouldn't be astonished.

Clark hasn't regained his memory after two months? And Lois hasn't told him that he is, in fact, married to her. You know that these secrets between people who are in love with each other drive me crazy, don't you? Except Clark doesn't remember being in love with Lois. Why not? As a Kryptonian, he should just know that Lois is his soulmate. He knew when he was six. But perhaps the trauma of taking care of that asteroid has made him reject his Kryptonian side? Has he used his superpowers after he returned to the Earth? Maybe he can't deal with the responsibility of being Kryptonian and having superpowers, so he rejects everything that is in any way connected with his alien heritage and his powers, including his instant knowledge of his soulmate connection with Lois.

I wonder what that preview meant. Does Clark remember Lois, or does he just want to do what is expected of a husband? Is he sort of "trying out" a kiss with Lois, like a kid might try smoking for the first time? Sorry about the rather horrible comparison, but I'm wondering. Well, if he remembers after kissing her, then things will certainly be easier to deal with for Lois, who has enough on her plate as it is. You mean she is pregnant???? eek eek eek

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
The benefit of being so behind is getting to read 5 parts together.

They were great, but leaving Chapter 11 there ... uhm.

I can't wait to find out how Clark reacts.

Great story so far. I love how you've weaved so many parts of other stories into your story.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/

Thanks guys smile .

Iolan - cliffy? Would I do that?!

Sarah - yeah I know... Not sure what the deal with me and pregnant Lois is lately though the two new WIPs [as in the ones the muse started in the last couple days] don't seem to have one...

Bob - I had initially planned on a Cat type thing but then Lana surprised me...

JD - I can be nice!!!! Um, I am not responsible for replacing any hair you may decide to pull out....

Amber - DP is outside the scope of this story. Can't promise that we'll get there ever, but at least we know how Lois knows guys who know guys wink .

Patrick - um, did you read LtL? That Lana was evil. Not as evil as some but plenty evil. OTOH Lana [and UP Lana] weren't too bad in the end. LOL! Love the ideas. Ch. 12 does need some sprucing up...

AnKS - yeah two months... I know I read one where it was several years - though then Clark was missing too...

James - smile

fuzzy - um... /pleads the 5th/

Terry - /giggle/ Well, yes, pushing it out of the way makes much more sense, but it's not canon so... wink

Michael - you don't like Lana?!?! wink And interesting theory re: Clark...

Amy - standards, shmanders...

Ann - eventually she was in OTOH anyway. I think Clark feels connected to her and all of that but I don't think he wants to 'jump' into anything until he remembers... As for what happens after that kiss...

Female Hawk - it is kind of nice to read lots at once. Thanks!

As for posting... Hope to tonight, but Ch. 12 is the one that needed edits to it [not MAJOR but enough] and I, um, well, sort of, um haven't done them yet... Hope to get them done soonish and see if it's necessary to send it out to be rebeta'd or not. If not, then hopefully later tonight. If so, hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - edited and sent back to Nancy. Was enough edits that it needed looked over again...

So, once she gets back to me...

smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard