OP Offline
Top Banana
As promised...

This *is* my happily ever after.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I have so far loved the first 3 parts and am looking forward to more. I love how you are writing Lois' thoughts. Excellent. And this sentence just cracked me up ROFL.

"And why would she have blackberries at her office?"

robinson
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This part was great! (But too short! We need more!)

Very interesting that you had her meet Superman before she met Clark...I can't wait for the scene in which she learns his little secret.

You've pointed out in the story that this is October. Does that mean we're talking Kerth ceremony?

You write this Lois and her thoughts and feelings well.

More soon please!

Amber

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lois is going to have to come clean with somebody very soon, and it may as well be Clark. There's no way for her to fake having the last ten years of experience and knowledge in her head. Tempus is a buffoon, but this time he's found something really bad to do to her.

I don't think this is a "Ricochet" rewrite. Lois hasn't shifted in time and there's no "other" Lois to swap her with. Her memories of the last ten years are no longer there, and there aren't many worse things to do to someone than to steal a significant portion of his or her life.

It makes me wonder if Tempus actually removed those memories or if he just put them "out of bounds," so to speak. If the memories are still in her head, there has to be a way to let her get to them again. If not - if they're really gone - then she's going to have to learn all over again how to love Clark. And because she no longer has those experiences which convinced her that Clark was the man for her instead of Superman, it's going to be hard for her to reconcile the two men as one. It will be even harder for her to learn to love "them" as "him" instead of feeling like a polyandrist.

I agree that the parts are shorter than I would like, but that just adds to the tension and the sense of confusion on Lois' part. She's run smack up against the wall of technological advances and not realized how bruised she is. Clark will figure out pretty soon that something's wrong, but she might need some convincing that she spent that hundred-plus dollars on groceries for the two of them.

Oh! Horrid thought! Do they have a child or two already? If so, how could Lois adjust to being a mother when in her mind she's not even ready to date seriously?

I foresee complications galore, even if the next generation isn't one of them. Keep it coming!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yikes, Terry! Now you've got me second-guessing myself. I haven't read Ricochet, and now I'm afraid to. So, I won't. Any parellels that might pop up will be purely coindidental, since I haven't seen it. But I'll have to read it when I'm through with this.

I can tell that you would be able to take this same beginning in some very angsty directions. I hope you won't be dispappointed.

This *is* my happily ever after.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This is great. It was brilliant to have her run into Superman before Clark - her thought process as she realized she was married to him was spot on. Can't wait to see what she thinks when she realizes she's married to Clark. Does she think she's two-timing them? Given how early this is, is she sort of disappointed in herself for marrying the farmboy?

And I agree with robinson - her question on blackberries made me laugh out loud. I caught when Clark said it that she wouldn't know what it was, but still didn't really realize that she would be thinking of the fruit.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have to agree with the previous poster about the technological improvements in 10 years. A huge change. Heck, when my grandfather was an adult they were just getting radio! Now we have camera phones, GPS, etc. Not addressing the relationship issues, no wonder Lois is a little gobsmacked.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
The blackberry reference was cute indeed. It's interesting that Perry was worried when she was missing for only a few hours. Is that a hint about what her life is like these days?

BTW, we spend around $105 a week for groceries for a family of 5, although we live in a part of the US where the cost of living is reasonable and I cook everything from scratch. When I saw the grocery bill I immediately assumed that there were several kids.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard