Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I would appreciate any feedback. I thought I would change it up and try Clark's POV.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I like it, Diane.

Good take on Tank's evil set up.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I liked it too, Artemis. I particularly loved this:

Why didn't she call for me? Maybe she was still mad at Superman for not saving Clark. I mentally kick myself for not being forthcoming to Lois after the Clyde Barrow fiasco and my “resurrection.”
Yes! I love it when Clark realizes that if he loves Lois, then he has to share himself completely with her, which includes sharing his secret identity with her. Otherwise she might literally die because she hasn't got the information she needs to survive!

Ah, but thanks to you, Clark did save her, and now he is going to be honest with her, too! sloppy

Ann

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This also worked for me as well. I get a kick out of the idea that both gentle writers felt that they had to include a revelation into the resolution.

One point I'll address here that I didn't address in Carol's resolution. The idea of Lois calling out 'Help Superman'. Now we all like to believe that with their 'connection' that Superman/Clark is always aware of Lois' condition and can respond to her distress no matter where she may be. I have to believe that this idea is more fanon than canon. In the series Lois was always amazed that Superman always seemed to be able to rescue her whenever he was needed to. But in the show she was always in Metropolis and so was Superman. No where in my memory was there any indication that Lois would think that Superman would be able to hear her yelling from so far away. Remember, by the time Lois had crashed, she was probably 75 to 80 miles outside of Metropolis. Why would she think that Superman would be able to hear her scream from that distance?

All that aside, I liked this resolution as well. It was nice to see Clark's POV during all this.

Tank (who likes the idea of only having to write half a story and letting anyone who wants to finish it off)

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good part two, too smile I could really feel Clark's urgency in finding Lois smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In the series Lois was always amazed that Superman always seemed to be able to rescue her whenever he was needed to. But in the show she was always in Metropolis and so was Superman. No where in my memory was there any indication that Lois would think that Superman would be able to hear her yelling from so far away.
I agree, Tank. I've always held to this theory, too. I went to some trouble in Caped Fear to get Clark out of town at a reporters' convention when Lois hit trouble, precisely so he couldn't hear her yelling for help. laugh

And, I seem to recall that in at least one episode, the bad guys did the same. Didn't they engineer some kind of emergency (nuclear meltdown?) elsewhere in the country for Superman to attend to, while placing a bomb in Lois's exercise mat?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
jump OHHHH. Feedback for my humble effort. I tried to reply last night, but my internet wouldn't cooperate.
Nan Thanks for the reply. I felt like I couldn't write anymore after the last couple of years. Tank's story gave me the kick I needed.
Ann. Thanks for the feedback. I liked that part too. He's feeling guilty after TOGoM. How come we always end up writing about that, hmmm?
Tank! Thanks for the setup.
No where in my memory was there any indication that Lois would think that Superman would be able to hear her yelling from so far away. Remember, by the time Lois had crashed, she was probably 75 to 80 miles outside of Metropolis. Why would she think that Superman would be able to hear her scream from that distance?
Actually, I agree with you. But Lois, convinced she was going to die, wouldn't necessarily be thinking logically and out of reflex might have called out "Help, Superman."
Michael Thanks for the comment. What *does* work at long distances, apparently, is the emotional connection.
LabRat! I agree with you all. But Clark wasn't being logical, either. I used that little bit to try to convey his emotions. He's still figuring it out too and feeling very guilty about Lois' suffering in TOGoM.

The series couldn't have a revelation this early in it, so I guess we all write it the way we would have wanted it.

Thanks all for your comments. /exhales big sigh of relief
cool
Artemis

Kerth
Kerth
Oooooooo! A Clark first person POV! By Artemis! drool

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
notworthy Praise from Sue! How wonderful. I'm really glad you liked it. Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you do Part 3 where Lois wakes up and sees Clark at her bedside? What does she really remember? I'm totally out of ideas, so go for it! Maybe we can make this a long chain!
cool
Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard