Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next post: Probably Friday but maybe Thursday. It's Spring Break and DH has the whole week off. We're supposed to spend Thursday cleaning the house from top to bottom [fun times!] and he's playing golf on Friday so I should have time then smile .

Chapter 8 Preview
"Are we going to tell them in the morning?"

He shrugged. "Maybe we should wait until after I get back safely. They'll be too relieved to be mad. Maybe?"

She nodded. "Maybe that's a good idea. I think my parents will be more upset than yours. Unless we're telling them *everything*, of course, and I don't see us doing that."

Clark cringed. "I hadn't planned on telling them an alien was doing their daughter," he whispered.
Thanks smile .
Carol

[Oh, and Sue, I've now posted 4-7 since you posted Ricochet 7... Just sayin'...]

Kerth
Kerth
I've missed so much in a week! But it was amazing to have three parts to devour all at once. thumbsup

I'm sorry that this is brief, but I'm pressed for time. My choices were to read one part and reply at length; read two parts and reply a little; or read all three and dash something off quickly. Realistically, there was the fourth option of actually working and not reading anything until later, but that wasn't a choice I was willing to make. laugh

Part 5: Loved the "day of fun", especially swimming. I laughed at his double-take when she took her shirt off. Having spent four years on the swim team in high school I can vouch that, while a girl's Speedo covers everything, they're so form fitting that they leave *nothing* to the imagination. Did Lois get a sunburn from falling asleep on the beach? I know it got dark, but I was under the impression that they were laying in the sunlight to dry off.

Part 6: I laughed out loud at "Well, I'm sure it's not a shirt from Men's Warehouse,". Hee! Even as a teenager she had her dry wit. And what was in the box was awesome! I cheered that he had sucked up the courage to show her his stories. And the promise ring? So sweet! And then… NIGHTFALL! It's a darn good thing that I didn't have to wait for the next part!

Part 7: LOL about "secretly married to Lana". And "I must really be in shock to just let all this go by".

And then, holy fetch! They're going to elope! OMG! You had me giggling like mad when Lois is contemplating that her folks will probably be okay with skipping school, but not so much eloping with Clark. Awesome! And you brought in Louie - a character I adore. It just keeps getting better and better. laugh

Part 8! NOW! I want you to spend paragraphs and paragraphs on Lana's reaction when she learns that they're married.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well.

That was eventful. I enjoyed the revelation, especially the non-hysterical-ness of it, but wasn't quite expecting them to run out and get married the next day.

That was sweet of Louie. And the beginning of a beautiful friendship, I suspect...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved all the recent developments: nightfall + eloping + Metropolis...

I sincerely hope the "married to Lana" thing is just a casual mention.. nothing to it. Although Lois and Clark are getting married now, so nothing to worry about, right? thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
F
Blogger
Blogger
F
You really do like throwing them into marriage you, don´t you? smile1

I think it is very romantic!

But now I am fearing some serious whams coming, eg. Clark not remembering, but Lois is pregnant because those non-Latex condoms did not endure teenage Kryptonian love-making and Clark thinks she cheated on him or something like that.

Just rambling though, don´t want to give you some ideas...

And:
Clark cringed. "I hadn't planned on telling them an alien was doing their daughter," he whispered.
is "stolen" from OTOH, isn´t it? Hilarious!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I want to give Louie a big squishy hug; that was so end-of-the-world-is-coming romantic to give away the ring! Yeah, that was probably weird; it's been a weird day. :p

Great part, and like the others, I can't wait to see Lana's reaction, if she's still a vulture in the picture,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There's a quote, but I don't remember from where smile1

Of course, before there will be angst. Lots of angst. I don't think Clark will think Lois cheated on him. She'd only have to tell him and show him the marriage certificate.

And the other item she bought is probably the "one blue line/two blue lines" stick-thingy. Just in case.

So, what's going to happen with Amnisiark and Lana? And it's already way past Friday. Friday was three days ago, so where's part 8? confused

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Carol.... I was shaking my head. You have what they call "hook line and sinker method". Right now we are on the hook just hanging on there. I know what going to happen and I'm sending an present to you. goofy devil Look out guys it's going to get worse before it's get better.

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh wow! The world is going to end, let's elope! How romantic! How impulsive! How thoughtless! And what a lot of fun it will be for us readers, unless you're going to throw tons and tons of angst in our direction, which seems likely...

Ehh... let me guess that the condoms that Lois buys for them won't do the trick. So it's a fairly safe bet that she will end up pregnant, right? And it won't be angst-y enough if Clark can return safely right after taking care of the asteroid, so he won't. Return safely, I mean. Or at least, return immediately. Or maybe he will return, but maybe with a beautiful case of amnesia? And then he will run into Lana? Who will only be too willing to inform him that he has always been in love with her?

Oh, wow, Mrs Evil! Looking forward to the next part to find out if I'm right about my guesses!

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
TOC we will be in the water in the next chapter.

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
How in the world did I not see that coming?

And are we absolutely sure Martha and Jonathan didn't? wink

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
First, I love Louie, and I love how you worked him into this story!

Second, I'm glad Clark told Lois and that they're getting married. I'm very interested to see what direction you're taking this asteroid business.

Third, I'm not even going to make any guesses as to what angst you might dream up because I don't want to be held responsible!

Can't wait for the next part!
Amber

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. smile

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderful. You made my day brighter with this fic.

Can't wait to hear Ellen's response.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/sigh/ Family drama... has gotten worse since I started this even. Fun times... At least it's not within my house... And the week, I find out I'm going to be unemployed in May... even better...

/more sighs/

Sue - so glad to hear from you! Is option 4 ever *really* an option? Louie is fun - and he's played by 'Joey Tribianni Sr' from 'Friends' who also plays the pawn shop owner Tempus steals from - so that's why he's there...

Pam - Yes, when this L/C make it to Metropolis, they'll already know a guy who knows guys...

AnKS - Ooooo if I go that way, I can now blame you!

Fuzzy - yeah, stole that from OTOH wink . And I can blame you now too!!!! If those are the directions this goes in...

JD - gotta love Louie!

Michae - yep - stolen from OTOH wink . Angst? Why does everyone keep thinking I do angst?

Lovesuper - hehe! Worse? Better? What?

Ann - Seriously, angst? Me?

Amy - hmmm... Martha's pretty astute but would they think that their offspring are going to get married?

Amber - Oh, I'll blame you anyway wink .

Patrick - thank you!

James - So glad to make your day brighter! Given the weather here, yours may be pretty gloomy before long... wink

Thanks everyone! And Michael, it's Friday, Mar 27 when I'm likely posting though our schedule for the week is changed a bit from the original... We'll have to see...

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting twist, didn't expect Nightfall at all at this point. But Clark telling Lois his secret and the decision to get married right away was sweet! I do hope two things at this point:

1. Clark will destroy the asteroid and make it
home safely without losing his memory

2. They will not regret their getting married once they know they are safe

I won't be able to get online again until Satruday night or Sunday (off to the first of 3 weddings in the next 10 days) but I am eagerly awaiting the next part!

Natascha

I do wonder what their parents will say!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by In4Adventure:
... I do hope two things at this point:

1. Clark will destroy the asteroid and make it
home safely without losing his memory

Natascha

Natacha, are you forgetting who is writing this story, our very own Darth CarolM???

peep James peep

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/sigh/

Why does everyone keep talking about me like that?!?!

/whine/
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/bows before mistress before shrugging/

And the 27th? Sigh... And you wonder why people keep using the e-word. mecry

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/sigh/

The e-word? Really?

This is only 16 parts. How much 'e-word' can there be?!?!?!

Carol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard