Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Blame Amber - she said something bigger than New Kryptonians - does this count as bigger?

Or Queenie. It was her idea... I think. She was there anyway...

Preview Chapter 7
She moved away from him. "Clark, you're being insane. The Earth is about to end and you're talking crazy. I'm going to go talk to your folks."

She turned towards the ladder only to find him in front of her, hovering in midair over the main floor of the barn.

Her jaw dropped. "Clark?" she whispered.
Thanks smile .
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice ring.

more on the rest of the story later.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, he's really getting brave, now laugh Has she read the stories yet? Next part should be fun... evil

And then, oh no, Nightfall! shock Let me guess... it won't all go smoothly...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
F
Blogger
Blogger
F
Nightfall? Oh noooo! Although I have been waiting for the action and angst you have been known for! wink

Clark is already able to fly? Wow. Quite young, isn´t he?

Lois´reaction to his revelation will be interesting!

Great story!
Fuzzy

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
The stories will be addressed, but I don't think it's in Ch. 7.

He's 18 now which, I think, is canon for being able to fly. I know it's fanon at the very least, but I think it's canon.

Was the time jump there not clear enough? I wondered about that after I posted. The lake was July, anniversary is early Sept. This is now April - nine or ten months after the lake, which Clark says.

Thoughts?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
From Just Say Noah:

"Flying is easy. I've been doing it since high school."

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm, I could say that an asteroid that big would not go unnoticed until the day it was going to hit the Earth, Moreover, shattering an asteroid is a really bad way of taking care of it, because it will create a horrible hailstorm of rock fragments that will pummel the Earth! Ah, but maybe the laws of physics are slightly different in Lois and Clark's universe, so that asteroids can be safely dealt with by shattering them. (I guess it's not such a stretch of the imagination to assume that the laws of physics are slightly different in the LnC universe, given the fact that Clark can fly... ) wink

I loved the way you wrote young Lois and Clark's love here! So sweet, and so spot on Lois and Clark at the same time! Happy, happy sigh! sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In general I agree with you about the dubious science, Ann, but I will point out that *small* rocks hurtling towards earth happen all the time, and they burn up in the atmosphere (shooting stars) with very little effect. Larger chunks, however, are definitely a problem. Still, I'm wondering how else they would handle it? Lacking Bruce Willis & Ben Affleck, I mean wink Rockets might be the best they could come up with. At least in this version they sent more than one! smile

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice, very pleasant...so, no more Mrs. Nice Author...

I think I know were this is going and Lana's playing the part of Cat Grant mad mad mad

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Erm...

This was most decidedly *not* an FFQ. Nope. Not at all. Couldn't have been because then it would have been in FFR not L/C, right?

In the ep ASU, the timeline as we knew it was similar to this one only they sent Superman first, then had 100 hours until the smaller piece [6mi across IIRC] was due to hit. During that 100 hours Superman was missing and ASGARD was sent to deal with the remaining chunk but missed.

No Lex' Ark in this one, though, I promise!
Carol

Edit: crossposted with James - would I do that? /ducks and runs/

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Okay, so I understood that some time had passed, but that can only mean that the stories that Clark gave Lois were either not autobiographical in nature or Lois didn't interpret them as being so. But if she didn't, then why didn't she ask Clark what the big deal was about the stories? At any rate, that's about to be a moot point, at least according to the preview.

I was glad that he decided to give her some of his stories. It was obviously a big step of trust for him, which made his anniversary gift more meaningful.

I have the distinct impression that I've been misrepresented or something regarding current a-plot developments...but it's cool. I can take the heat. I may just have to demand reparations in the form of advance chapters.

You didn't mention when you'd be posting chapter 7 (unless I missed it)...

Amber
/who is apparently an evil mastermind...who knew?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm sensing that things will go poorly for Clark... otherwise the title would be "Stirred Not Shaken." smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I so didn't see the rock coming dizzy

Why was Clark cold? Was he so shocked?

What's going to happen? Well, with them already fighting the itch, I wonder if his flying on a mission might push them over the edge? And then he returns without memory? And there is no info on when the next part will be confused

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Blogger
Blogger
F
He's 18 now which, I think, is canon for being able to fly. I know it's fanon at the very least, but I think it's canon.
[/QB]
Ups, sorry, I think I am watching too much Smallville, where there is this stupid "No tights, no flights" rule. So teenage Clark and flying is a bit strange for me.

But yeah, I think it is canon in LnC for Clark to be able to fly at the end of high school.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gripping stuff! I also wondered if Lois had cracked open any of the stories, or had put any of the pieces together if she had read them already.

Looking forward to a little Clark v. Asteroid.

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've finally been able to catch up and after reading this part I feel like I'm just-in-time for the, um, fireworks.

As others have pointed out I was a bit surprised that Lois didn't follow up on the stories immediately after he gave them to her. Of course, all that any normal person would think, even the brilliant Lois Lane, is that her boyfriend was embarrassed about writing such fantasy stories. So in reality there was no real danger in giving Lois the stories. She will recognize their significance after the fact.

Nightfall! Even shattered, there's a lot of potential for destruction. And, if I'm correct and he's about to tell the truth about himself... Wow! I hope Lois is up for a few shocks. shock

Now that I've caught up I don't see falling behind again. I am enjoying it very much. smile

Bob

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks everyone! Next post probably Monday. We'll see... We're dogsitting at the moment and the 1yo isn't so crazy about dogs - was scared pretty bad by one a couple weeks ago. This is a very good dog but he's still not so sure about it...

Pam - Does Nightfall ever go smoothly?

Fuzzy - I was thinking 18 was canon but 'high school' as Pam quoted could mean anything from 14-18. I watched an ep of Smallville last week and was reminded why I don't watch it... Seriously - they could have him fly without the tights, but ah well...

Ann - See my other post re Nightfall. Lots of the science on the show was... questionable at best I think and that's even after you get past the 'guy who can fly' thing. To go along with what Pam said... A shot gun blast - depending on how close is more survivable than a well aimed bullet at the same range - just ask Dick Cheney's friend wink .

[1yo has gotten brave enough to get off the couch. Then dog looked at him and scared him. Forget what kind she is but roughly golden retriever size?]

James - I'm a very nice author! Claude can't hurt Lois in this universe. That's nice isn't it?

Amber - As mentioned above, the stories will be addressed but not until 8 iirc. And no, you've not been misrepresented, but I assure you none of this is MY fault wink .

Amy - hehe. I'm still not sure I'm happy with Shaken Not Stirred, but I guess it works. Was better than anything else I came up with - though I think this one was actually Queenie's idea.

Michael - /whistles innocently/ see above for next post info.

JD - thanks!

Bob - I think you've hit it. I think Lois could easily chalk his earlier unease up to being similar how many of us might feel about fanfic. Glad to have you!

Okay - will post probably Monday. It's Spring Break this week so DH is home, but he's playing golf Tuesday so if nothing else I'll be able to post then.

Total aside... Kids rented 'Fly Me to the Moon' last night and there's at least two versions of the song by the same title on here - and of course then I think of Lois and Superman dancing in midair. Of course, I was also writing about that song this week...

Thanks again!
Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
When Carol does an a plot, she always goes big.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard