Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Chapter 6 Preview
"Are you okay?" Lois whispered.

He looked over at her. She was pale but not overly so. "Um, yeah. Why?"

She shook her head. "You look awful. The color is completely gone from your face." She reached out and felt his face. "You don't feel warm."

He nodded. "Right. I'm fine." He wasn't, but...
Next post: probably Friday.

Thanks smile .
Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
At last there's a bit of conflict in the story. Two whole weeks? It must be the end of the world.

Elisabeth

Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm dying inside whinging whinging whinging whinging oh and whinging

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And the angst begins... goofy Those poor poor kids...

PJ
humming wake up, little susie...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sweet outing. But if Clark had shared his secret with Lois, he could have carried or flown her back, and they wouldn't have been in trouble.

I toyed with the idea that something had happened between them after all, when they were asleep. But I don't think so. Surely you wouldn't get undressed, have sex, and get dressed again, while being fast asleep the whole time?

But in the next chapter they are going to run into some kryptonite, aren't they? Poor Clark! What will happen?

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loooong couple of weeks. But ah well, we've all done it. Stayed out too late and fell asleep somewhere.

Great part!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Pam was right on. "Wake up, little Susie...it's time to go home."

I'm a little concerned about what seems to be the discovery of kryptonite in the next chapter. Then again, maybe they don't discover it. And why is Lois pale too?

And I noticed you're still trying to blame your evilness on me and now James too...though I could go along with blaming James for suggesting sending Lana and Clark to Latislan!

Amber

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aww... I loved "and that's more important to me than any promise I might make to you."

Kerth
Kerth
Other than this being a great start to what promises to be a wonderful Lois and Clark fic, it's also been an insight into American teenage dating rituals for me.

Clark with his driver's licence at 16! Kids here wait until they're 18.

Hay loft - is it usually in the roof space of a barn?

I'm looking forward to the next part.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hay loft - is it usually in the roof space of a barn?
You bet it is! We have exactly the same word in Swedish. Well, 'höloft' is close enough, isn't it? laugh

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hayloft is the area above the stalls/etc where the animals are kept, like an attic maybe? Hay is [still is? used to be as I understand it] stored there so that it can be more easily distributed to said animals. It has a big outer door for ease of getting bales of hay in and out.

Like the door on the top of this one:
[Linked Image]

Something like this [without the French doors on the left]:
[Linked Image]

What is a hayloft? `

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story so far, Carol.
I almost feel cheated though. I would love to read about every day of their lives and not just the summary. :p I feel left out since we never saw the homecoming or the play...
But you said the first parts were just the set up. I wonder where you will take us. I worry about the wham that I am sure will come eventually (you seem to like to throw whams at us and them <g>)!
So they fell asleep. Doesn't seem like a big deal but then again they are just teenagers and their parents worry. I am surprised that they didn't react at all to Clark's vow that they will marry (soon). Not even a "We will see about that" from Sam. Are they really okay with their kids being this serious already? I do know it is not that uncommon for teenagers/high school sweethearts, especially in the US to marry right out of school but I have always wondered what the parents are thinking. Of course this is Lois and Clark and we all know they belong together, so I am totally fine with it. smile
Are you going to show us what the two weeks are like for these two? I hope so!

Natascha

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice. Loved the part were Clark is 'hoping' for more hours... thumbsup

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great part goofy

The preview seems to indicate that Clark finds a nice, green crystal and scares Lois out of her mind.

One question though: Shouldn't Lois and Clark have mobile phones? Or is there no cell-coverage in the hiking area? huh

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey guys! Thanks!

Elisabeth - when you're 16 and 17 it is wink

Lovesuper - awwww

Pam - I know you're not reading so...

Ann - Ah yes, he could have, and we'll get to the secret soon! No, nothing happened except they fell asleep. Kryptonite? /channels Urkle/ Would I do that?

JD - yeah, sure have. Have a friend who used to fall asleep on our couch on a weekly basis [while we were talking wink - one of my fave pics is of her asleep with DDnow5 asleep on her chest as a tiny baby] - now it's a couple times a year as she's married and he makes her go home before she falls asleep.

Amber - yep. I'm sure it's at least partly your fault. You can share the blame with James and Queenie.

Amy - glad you did smile .

Female Hawk - how accurate these rituals are may be up for grabs... my first date was at almost 18 with the guy I married so... And yes, most states it's 16 for an unrestricted license [though I think more and more are going with graduated licenses - only daytime till 17 unless working, etc.] and some are younger for farm equipment - or used to be - so your 14/15 year old could help with the tractors etc.

Natascha - I have struggled with how much to include of the daily lives. Part of the problem with what you mentioned was that I know next to nothing about Our Town [except it had good roles for the 3 of them as I needed them to be] and I went to Homecoming with now DH and knew nothing about what was going on so hard to write that too - ours were very different. So I have to give enough background that the main plot makes sense but not so much it gets bogged down in the high school teen drama angst stuff. Wham? What's that?

James - silver lining - that's our Clark wink .

Michael - green crystal. Hmm... Cell phones... glad you asked. No, not really. Actually, given the area, it wouldn't surprise me to have little/no coverage there and I haven't actually mentioned either one of them having one now have I? wink

Anyway - it's *possible* I'll post tomorrow but probably Friday.

And I found out today that come May, I'm most likely completely unemployed :p . I'm a semester by semester contract employee and I wasn't given any classes either this summer or fall - no real explanation from the bosses either... I have suspicions but that's all they are - nothing I can prove or anything...

/sigh/

I did run the budget numbers and I think we'll be just fine and I have the possibility of babysitting a child about DS' age next fall so that would help but...

More time to write or something, right?

Tomorrow's an early day... Er, today is...

Thanks again!
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, no, you haven't mentioned them but it's 2009, they're teenagers, so it's pretty much implied huh

Michael, who's hoping for a post within the next 6 hours.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Technically, I believe I said present day-ish wink .

And not going to happen tonight. Head hurts way too bad. Haven't written a word today [though I've only been home about 2 hours today with kids clamoring for attention and head hurt then too] and no way I can edit 6 for posting. It'll be morning tomorrow my time, I'm sure... Sorry, Michael smile .

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Present day-ish?

It seems kinda timeless, to me. And everyone knows... whoops, spoilers smile

I see your point, Michael, but they haven't been texting each other at all, so I'm thinking no phones...

PJ
(not that I'm reading this or anything goofy )

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Don't worry Pam - I know you're not really reading wink .

Well... present dayish... If you use the show's timeline this would be set in the early 80s but there's been references to digital cameras and email so... wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think someone's been playing fast and loose with the timeline... I mean, if *Ellen* slept with Claude before Lois was even born, then I think we're clearly into bizarro-land.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. wink

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard