C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Preview Chapter 5
Jonathan pulled Clark into a fierce hug as Sam did the same with Lois.

The Deputy Sheriff told them all to sit down.
evil

Probably Tuesday night or Wednesday for Chapter 5. In part because I only have through 6 back from one beta so I don't want to get ahead of her [and I really had told all of them that I wasn't posting until after Kerth voting ended and they're all very busy ladies...].

Thanks!

Carol

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I hope he works up his nerve soon.

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved the birthstones necklace that Clark gave to Lois! And I liked Lois's gift to Clark, too. Ah, but I wish he would trust her. Lois is no xenophobic, unless you have changed her completely, and I really don't think you have. Looking forward to him working up his nerve to come clean with her!

I liked seeing Lois with a nice Ellen. Lois deserves having a nice mom for once, poor girl.

This story echoes of past stories of yours in certain ways. Ellen got pregnant early with another guy - Claude!!!! - and Ellen tells Lois that she and Clark are too serious when they are still so young. Hmmmmmm. Last time it was Martha who told Clark that he was too serious with Lana even though they were still so young. You're not planning a nasty surprise for us, are you? eek eek eek

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks both of you.

More later, but after an incredibly crappy night last night, this was very nice to wake up to smile .

Carol

Kerth
Kerth
I really should hold out for Ricochet 8 since I posted Shaken 1-3 between Ricochet 6 and 7, but I have a feeling I'd get lynched...
First of all, yes, you would get lynched (and I'd be holding the rope).

Now let's do some math. smile I have three parts left on Ricochet. Three. You have twelve parts left on Shaken. Twelve. So, the way I see it (and I'm sure everyone reading this will agree), you should be posting FOUR parts to my one part.

I'll post part 8 when we see a few more parts of Shaken come down the pipeline. laugh

And thanks to James for reminding me I could send Clark and Lana to Latislan!
Someone get in touch with Elisabeth and have her take James' keyboard away from him. grumble

"Somehow I don't think we'll get to spend Christmas together until after we get married."
Teenagers -- so dramatic!

"Remember those words, Ms. Lane," Clark told her, kissing her again. "You're going to need them."
/me looks anxiously at those dark clouds gathering on the horizon of my computer screen

I can relate to Clark's being nervous to share the stuff he writes, but someone should tell him that there are lots of people who want to read stories about a teenage alien who looks human and can do lots of things.

Martha is right - Clark has to tell Lois the whole truth soon. If he's that serious and so is she, he's only going to be doing damage to the relationship by hiding something that HUGE. Really, he should let her read a story and ease her into that way. You liked that story, Lois? Well, funny thing…

Holy crap! In this universe it's *Ellen* who had the affair with Claude! shock

Lana's really starting to irritate me now. Hmph.

Now get posting - you've got some catching up to do. jump

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeesh, Lana, take a hint! :rolleyes:

Carol, this is still sweet. Of course it would be hard for him to decide to share this hugely important life-altering secret, especially to a 17-yr-old since they're not always the most rational types. And Lois is planning on being a reporter, after all.

But after that note in the card, he ought to feel better about it -- she was able to deal with something uncomfortable in a pretty mature way and not be a drama queen about it.

Personally, I think he should write some stories that don't actually feature aliens wink Strangers from distant shores, maybe. Someone alienated, almost of course. But not spilling quite all the details... or he could just spin it as science fiction.

But I guess he's doing okay so far.

Lana, though... dang, is she going to be waiting to waylay him at his wedding reception, telling him to call her once he's tired of his wife? She ought to have some self-respect at some point, 'cause she's just looking pathetic here.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Thanks for including the link to the necklace. It's much prettier in the picture than what I could envision!

I like how they both are showing maturity, even when they also both clearly act like teenagers in love.

So when is he going to tell her?

And what are they all doing with law enforcement?

Amber

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was tons of gooey sweetness mixed with teenage angst.

And as far as lynch mobs go, you do know that "after the post" is "before the post", so I am counting down the seco- err minu- okay, fine, hours. confused

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yeah, Lana, you're doing a great job of making yourself look appealing to Clark there. :rolleyes:

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
More detailed response later smile .

Not sure yet if I'm going to post tonight or tomorrow.

Did want to say thanks to everyone though!!

Carol [who promises to get to the 'substance' soon smile ]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Sue S.:
And thanks to James for reminding me I could send Clark and Lana to Latislan!
Someone get in touch with Elisabeth and have her take James' keyboard away from him. grumble

Hey...Hey! She does that often enough anyway, thank you very much!!

Nice little piece of filling. Now, were is the stuff that makes us refresh our browser every 15 seconds???

James.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I like the maternal parallels here. Ellen and Martha both seem to have their wits about them. Jewelry, especially something of that quality, is a big-dog present, though, and isn't to be taken lightly.

Someone get in touch with Elisabeth and have her take James' keyboard away from him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey...Hey! She does that often enough anyway, thank you very much!!
When a man gives a woman his housekey, it's a sign that he expects her to visit. When he gives her his computer password...

Elisabeth

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Well, I double checked and one beta is a couple chapters farther along than I thought she was so...

I'll go ahead and post in a bit - not sure when, but later this evening. Am actually outside with the kids right now cuz it's gorgeous. Of course, we have wifi... wink

Patrick - thank you smile . Depends on how you define 'soon' I suppose...

Ann - No, Lois isn't a xenophobic, but can Clark *really* be sure of that? We'll see how he deals with it before long... The Claude thing just came to me wink . Figured since we're not getting to the DP [and even if we did, this Lois certainly won't be sleeping with him], I should use him somewhere.

Nasty surprise? Me? Couldn't be, could it? James and Amber had the suggestions...

Sue! You'd hurt me?!?!? Really?!?! Okay, I'm posting 5 today. Surely that means you should post 8 in return right? Yes, tons of people would want to read about the teenage alien, but if they came out with his name on them and then Superman started flying around... There goes the secret identity!

PAM!!!! YAY! again on getting your paper done BTW. Ah, Lana won't be at the reception [if there is a reception of course] but that doesn't mean she couldn't cause all kinds of trouble soon.

Amber - I spend way too much time looking up stuff like that wink . That technically is a couple's necklace even though I said it's not in the story. Law enforcement? I wondered if anyone would mention that!

Michael - I will be completely honest and say that I didn't understand any of that second sentence...

Amy - she is isn't she?

James - hehe! I don't think Elisabeth should take your keyboard because then I couldn't blame you. I'm guessing what you're looking for is going to start in Ch. 6... I feel like parts of this go so fast - jump ahead in time etc. - while at the same time drag a bit because how much teenage angst can you put it? But they're so different than 'our' Lois and Clark that I felt it needed more setup, you know?

Elisabeth - you're right, it is a big deal especially at that age...

Anyway - will start getting 5 ready - not sure when I'll post, but sometime tonight...

Thanks!
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh, looks like I mixed up a 'before' and an 'after'. Now it's fixed. The idea was, posting before the lynch mob comes around the corner is only a short time fix since as soon as the gentle reader is done wolfing down the update, the pitchforks will come out again huh There is just no escape, except maybe posting the entire story at once. And then people might still demand sequels.

Better? Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard