Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next post:
Probably Monday

Preview Chapter 4
He slung his backpack over one shoulder and picked up the book. He moved in front of her and pressed his lips to her head. "I love you," he murmured against her hair.

She didn't say anything for a long moment. "I know you do."

He kissed her head again and then left.

Lois waited until the door closed behind him and then fled to her room.
[see Terry - not really any kissing there wink ]

Thanks!
Carol

Blogger
Blogger
Hi. I don't normally post replies but after reading a LOT of you stories and not commenting I have to comment on this one.

This is turning out to be a great story. I love how you have Lois and Clark interacting with each other in high school. It's great! razz Not so much. But I know to have them in Smallville, in high school, she has to be there. So I have to live with her there, not like her but live with her there. grumble

On a personal note thanks for the previews! hyper

Shanabear504
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pile. of. cute. I'm just going to bask in the waffiness which is exactly what I needed today!

Great part, and as always love to hate Lana,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved Lois and Clark in front of Lana, but of course she is stubbornly foolish, isn't she?

But something about the preview... trouble in paradise already?

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Merriwether
Merriwether
Okay, I'm going to take a quote of Lex and my reaction to some friends doing this, and say "I think I may vomit." All the sugary sweetness... laugh It is really cute, though. I'm really curious where you're going with this.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
Grrrr - Lana bugs! I know she hasn't got a chance, and my previous pity for her wore off when she hinted that Lois might not be going to Homecoming with Clark. The nerve!

I love how you're writing Martha, especially that you're giving her some of the same lines ("It's okay if I tell her that, isn't it?") that she had in the show (Stranger Visitor, I think).

"Sure. Show me the farm, Farmboy."
I laughed at this - she's been in Kansas for over a decade. Why not show her a farm? She's probably never seen one. It doesn't matter if it's dark. <giggles> Like the *walk* is what they're really interested in. I did sigh schmoopily at the "having a spot". It's absolutely true. And I adored their "spot". Mmm, I love hayloft stories. grumble

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/whispers in between cleaning basement/

Ricochet

/looks around furtively and goes back to picking up 'food' and animals and people and putting them away/

Kerth
Kerth
What? What? I can't hear you when you whisper. razz

I guess I kind of owe you one now. Then again, maybe another pretty, shiny part of SNS will coax me past the stage fright?

It's worth a shot. I mean, you're posting previews, so you must have it ready, right? laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/looks around to make sure that no one but Sue is too close then turns on megaphone/

Ricochet!

/looks around again and turns off megaphone speaking more normally/

I mean, Ricochet please. Post both. Or, like I said, I'd be happy to read them for you and let you know which way to go...

As for Shaken 4... Um, the fic is done as are about 5.5 chapters of the next untitled fic [and the sequel to OTOH/UP but it's on the back burner right now]. If it wasn't Kerth season, I'd probably post faster. It does need a few edits here and there but otherwise is done and waiting on extremely busy betas to have a chance to look them over. I'm only a couple chapters behind them in posting right now so...

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like Sue said, hayloft stories are lovely! They're just soooooo romantic! I half expected Clark to bring Lois to his 'Fortress of Solitude', but the hayloft is so much cosier! clap clap clap

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One of my favorite lines...

Clark sighed and reached for the piñata. "That I didn't really mean it when I told her I wasn't interested the first eighty-seven times."
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

I just hope Lana stay's out of Latavia or however it was spelled.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
So just how many of those nicknames can Clark come up with? I'm with Lois. He hasn't found a decent one yet.

Please tell me you don't write New Kryptonian stories. I don't know why, but that's the vibe I was getting at the end of that chapter...and then combined with the preview...and I'm sorry, but I just don't trust you not to find the biggest wrench you can to throw into the works!

I appreciate how Clark seems better able to handle Lana in this story than usual. Having Lois in his life so early must have been a good influence!

You're really going to make us wait all the way until Monday?

Amber

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
wonderful, warm and waffy. I love it. It is my birthday today so I think in honor of my birthday you should post an extra part today

robinson
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh yes, verrry nice. We've got love, marriage talk, and Lana trying to horn in on things. Now if I just had any idea about the plot you've threatened us with after the waff-fest confused And when is Clark admitting that he loves Lana. huh After all, she's his high school sweethea-
/ducks pointy stick/

Michael

PS: What do you mean by "Monday"? 00:01 Monday morning?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
If you're concerned at all about reader confusion over whether Lois is the stage manager or plays The Stage Manager, you should add a throw-off comment about stage manager and other behind-the-scenes positions being filled before the actors are announced.

Elisabeth
who is still enjoying the story

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - officially back smile .

SHANA! Thank you for delurking! You know you're stuck now and you must post more often right? I'm glad you're enjoying it!

JD - aw - so glad you can bask in it smile . Love waffiness!

AnKS - yeah, this Lana isn't as bad as some I've written but...

Karen - /giggle/ the phrase 'barf me with a whole plate setting' comes to mind but... Glad you think they're cute. However, of course, they can't have smooth sailing for 16 chapters...

Sue, Sue, Sue - /shakes head sadly/ I think I'm going to have to not post before Ricochet 7 is up, whenever that is - possible Ricochet 8 because Shaken 1-3 have been posted since Ricochet 6 was...

I'm sure Lois has seen a farm - it's implied at least [in my head anyway?] that Abby lives on a farm, but she's never been to the *Kent* farm.

Ann - hmmm... didn't even consider the Fortress... may have to work that in later... As for the anniversary thing - my thinking was it's one of those 'will you be my girlfriend? here's my class ring [or other symbol].' things but he hadn't given it to her the week before.

James - Hmmm... school trip to Europe, Clark and Lana end up in Latislan... Sounds like a great fic to me! /runs and hides/

Amber - no he sure hasn't. Part of it depends on context too of course. I have written NK stories, but this isn't one of them. Biggest wrench? I guess a Kryptonian birth wife might qualify, esp if she happened to land in Kansas too and is a certain blonde... er no, wait, no. Wonder if there's not a bigger wrench though... Hmmm... /whistles innocently/

Robinson - happy birthday! See my note to Sue. Sadly, I can't post again wink .

Michael - we'll see about posting - see note to Sue laugh . Ah, yes, wafffest must end at some point but when and how... I think Amber's got some great ideas...

Elisabeth - I had added a couple references to the ROLE OF Stage Manager as opposed to just Stage Manager after I sent it to betas and two of them tweaked to that - thinking she *was* the stage manager as opposed to playing the role, but had the old version. I am going to add something about the other positions in the final draft. Glad you're enjoying!

As for next post... Well, it's up to Sue wink .

We'll see... probably late Sunday/early Monday if she holds up her end of the deal. [Okay probably anyway, but don't tell her it's an empty threat wink ]

Thanks!
Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, yeah, that's one possible source of angst, isn't it? :-)

Yes, I got that Stage Manager was a role, despite never having heard of this play.

As for Lois wanting to graduate a year early... maybe her parents had her repeat a grade when they moved to Kansas and she switched schools, and this has always bothered her? (This is Lois, after all.) She's only six months younger than Clark, so it doesn't seem implausible.

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Oh no, you don't get to blame whatever angst you're about to hit us with on me! smile

Amber

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves to Amy/ Hey Amy! That's one possibility though Lois was in kindergarten when they moved.

Amber - better believe I'll blame you if I can! I take responsibility for NOTHING!

Off to get 4 ready to post!
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part 4? Tonight? Yay! Although, now I have 5 or 6 posts to read and I should go to bed and boy am I behind on my reading mecry

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard