Kerth
FDK here!

Thanks.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
clap clap clap
Delightful. When do we get the next part?

Framework4
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I know that this Lois is pathologically inquisitive, completely unable to understand the concept of another's privacy. I get it that she jumps in feet first without checking the water level. But you'd think she'd sit down and consider what she was doing and how dangerous it might be. You'd think that she'd ask Clark what he was up to and if she could help.

But no, she has to butt her nose into the bear trap and dare it to snap shut. She has to dance beside a pride of lions covered in antelope blood. She has to wave red capes at every bull in the state at once.

And now Superman has to save her. This will probably foul up the sting on Luthor, too. She'll be responsible for getting someone hurt and for allowing a dangerous criminal to continue hurting people.

Sometimes I think Clark would be better off with Rachel Harris or Mayson or even (shudder!) Lana. When will she learn?

Probably never. Oh, well, bring on the dramatic complications.

And do bring on the next part, too. This is getting very interesting.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
You write a really great Clark, and I loved the whole episode involving him and Henderson. I loved the insight into Henderson's character, and these two likable men played a veritable tennis match of hints and persuasion with each other! Priceless! clap

But Lois, ahhh. Right now she looks more like Clark's A-plot than his B-plot, doesn't she?

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, very powerful part. Definitely a different twist on life in Metropolis. More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Wow. Lex is evil. Lois is in trouble.

I love Henderson. This is an interesting way for Superman to debut...provided, of course, that things go according to plan. (Which they won't, I'm sure.)

I must admit that I'm having a little trouble identifying with this Lois, but I think it's because you've really turned her world upside down. The way she met Clark and everything that happened in Smallville, and then his appearance in Metropolis - all of that happening to a S1 Lois would really throw her off-kilter, I think.

I am glad that your Clark is more confident and not as star-struck as he was in the first few episodes of the show. Of course, it helps that he's already met Lois!

Amber

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Framework4 - Thanks! Next part - maybe Monday. I have a big weekend in RL.

Terry - Thanks for your interest. Yep, Lois does do some impulsive things, moreso this time when she doesn't know there's a man in spandex suit able, and very willing, to rescue her.

In her defence, when the tunnel on the map ends up under Luthor's building, no alarm bells ring because after all, this is the man about to finance a children's hospital. :rolleyes:

Ann - I loved your tennis match comment.

You're right, this story is mostly about Clark. It's called 'First Days in Metropolis'. For this story, Lois is the B-plot, (although it could be argued that if falling in love with Clark Kent is the story line you're given, B-plot though it may be, there's not a lot to complain about!)

In the show, for all sorts of reasons, Lois and Clark shared close to equal billing in each individual episode. I don't have those restraints.

However, Lois's day will come. wink

Artemis - Thanks for your FDK. More Monday, hopefully.

Amber - I'm glad Lois is still believable for you, even though she is a little different. It's always hard to determine how much of a person is inherently them and how much is due to the things they have experienced. Thanks for your comments.

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
soooo lois. i am looking forward to the next part!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Ooooh! Franklin Hodge! That should be the tip-off of the century that she's in way over her head.

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
This is wonderful. I just finished the recap of all four of the first parts. Somehow it didn't occur to me that this would be a continuation of "Weekend in Smallville" or I would have started sooner.

I love your command of the Season 1 Lois when all of her barriers are up. You handle those issues masterfully. I also like that Clark is working through Henderson for the introduction of Superman. That was a neat idea. And finally, I hope that Lois catches on to Lex soon. (I hate seeing them together.) I thought that was going to happen at the end but naturally Lex was smart enough to not implicate himself.

You did capture the single defining quality of Clark Kent. Whatever the universe or situation, when it comes to Lois Lane, he *always* does the wrong thing for the right reason. She would have been much better protected if he would have just brought her in at the beginning. Not doing so "for her safety" is classic lunkhead Clark.

Bob

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
More FDK!! Thank you.

Sarah - glad you're enjoying it. The next part will be either Monday or Tuesday.

Elisabeth - I really appreciated your comment. Because Franklin Hodge is my character - and therefore unknown to readers - it is a little like bringing a stranger into a group of friends.

Bob - you give wonderful FDK! Thanks.

I thought you captured the essence of Clark pretty well yourself with your final paragraph - doing the wrong thing for the right reason - perfect!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If he shared the by-line with her, maybe she’d forgive him?
Yeah, right...

Interesting take on Luthor you have here. Burned Earth philosophy, huh?

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard