Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Pam:
I think Carter was a Lt. in the movie and the pilot of Stargate SG-1. She quickly became Captain.
There can never be enough Stargate. I have all the novels too.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Artemis, I was re-watching the SG-1 pilot the other day, and I'm pretty sure she was introduced as "Captain Carter" -- well, after they had the general talk about "Sam Carter" so as to make everyone think she was a he, for maximum character-intro effect...

Brenda, Stargate is frequently excellent, with very strong characters and a very richly-textured universe. Plus it's set in modern America so the characters get to joke about Star Trek, etc. wink If you were starting from scratch, I'd recommend you watch the Stargate movie first, then head over to the TV-show pilot and try not to notice that all the characters are now played by different actors wink Some of the early episodes suck, but... not much worse than Smart Kids. It can be very confusing if you come in on one of the later seasons, though. ("What are Jaffa, and why don't they like the Tok'ra?" and "Why is Sam calling that alien 'Dad'?" were some of my personal puzzlements)

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I must admit I haven't rewatched the pilot. Maybe it was the movie. That has been on TV a lot lately since the great success of the series, so it would be easy to find. I also have the 2 DVDs that went straight to video after the series was canceled. Anyway, I gulped too when it was Lt. Carter that was shot in the story. Amazing how things hang with you. In daily life, some lines from Lois and Clark pop into my head, but nobody would get the relevance except this group.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Artemis:
In daily life, some lines from Lois and Clark pop into my head, but nobody would get the relevance except this group.
cool
Artemis
Like when I squealed to Queenie last night when DH and I watched last Sunday's Amazing Race and Anton Chekhov was mentioned... wink

Carol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard