Kerth
Kerth
Hey!!! This is cool!!! smile

Jack is looking for problems wink

Now Lois' revenge would be setting him up... with whom? :p

Shouldn't have been only one part? grumble

Jose hyper

P.S. Happy Birthday, Jana party

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very, very nice, Anna! razz Fix this, Anna! Now!! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Anna,

This was so nice! Being a birthday present for Jana (Happy Birthday, Jana!), it is fitting that Jack be the one who comes up with the plan.

I *loved* Clark's reaction!! He knows right away what Jack is up to. So funny as he shakes his head and wonders what Jack thought the outcome would be (they kiss? declare their undying love? LOL). And then the best part... Clark decides who is he to look a gift horse in the mouth? Go, Clark!! smile1

You also gotta love Lois. Suspicious from the start, but ever willing to "play the fool" if it means breaking a story.

And then the touch of hands. Clark obsessing over what to do next was classic! thumbsup

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this. Anxiously awaiting Part 2...

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, what Vicki said smile This was really sweet. But, but... they went home separately! That wasn't right wink I guess you'll just have to post part 2 to fix everything <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This was lovely, Anna, and is shaping up to be a really cute little vignette. There were lots of great lines and a nice sense of atmosphere.

but if everything kept going according to his plan, Lois and Clark would be lovebirds faster than he could shoplift a Twix bar.
goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I loved this. And I can't wait to find out what the rest of Jack's plan entails and what Lois' revenge will be.

Don't let us hanging too long, k?
And ditto all the others

Sira - clap

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Anna

A wonderful start! goofy

I'm looking forward to reading the next part. smile

Happy Birthday, Jana! party

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay, I get a birthday fic! Thank you, Twinnie! blush smile1 It is the perfect present. I just love Jack. (For anyone who didn't remember!) And, as Vicki pointed out, a Jack story is perfect for me on my birthday. That's my Jack, always one step ahead of everyone else. laugh

Had she reached for the popcorn at the same time on purpose, or was it just a coincidence? Did she think that he had done it on purpose? Had she even noticed that they had touched? Did she care? What should he do next? Should he go in for the popcorn again? Or wait a while? Or just leave it entirely alone for the rest of the night?
<g> Weren't we just talking about this? This is perfect! Guys overanalyze things too, it's not just the female gender that does it! And poor Clark, I can see his mind racing wildly as he tries to answer all the questions swimming in his head. He should have just taken her hand!! (I'm definitely with Wendy on that one!) smile

And then...
What had happened? What were these thoughts running through her head? Why was she suddenly having these feelings? Why was she picturing herself curled up, content in Clark’s arms? Why was she wishing that he had taken her hand when it had brushed his? Why was she so confused?
Awwww! That's the perfect image for her to be having-- being in Clark's arms. C'mon, Lois, you know you want it!

I think my favorite line though was
He didn’t know what had gone on inside the theater, or what exactly was going through their heads, but if everything kept going according to his plan, Lois and Clark would be lovebirds faster than he could shoplift a Twix bar.
rotflol That's Jack all right. Only he could use that comparison so innocently. Yummy Twix. Too bad I can't have any.

Now, Twinnie, you'd better fix things and get it all worked out. And hurry up about it! (I'm nothing if not patient.) wink

And thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. blush I appreciate it! party

Jana (who is now able to rent a car and believes that this is the last significant birthday until that "Over the hill" mark.)

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw this was such a sweet story. I also loved the hands brushing part and all the thoughts that went on in both afterwards. By the way was it a love story they saw? More soon. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Jack's got a scheme to put our favorite couple (well, almost couple) together finally. And not a word's mention of Lex Luthor. Instead, Lois is thinking all about how Clark makes her tingle in a very nice way and wonders how it would be to be his girlfriend, cuddling on the couch and doing other fun things.

But of course, no plan works immediately. The two lunkheads head home separately. Let's see what Jack has cooking in Part 2.

Nice job, Anna! thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Features Writer
Features Writer
Anna,
wonderful start - but they went home alone
more
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Go Jack Go!! lol laugh

Happy Belated Birthday Jana! party

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Columnist
Columnist
Okay, Anna, now that I have finally read this, *where* is part two?

Oh, and Happy Birthday Jana smile

Melisma (diving impatiently back under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. drool

Next part soon, please.

MAF goofy

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waiting for the second part ..... smile

BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi everyone! Thank you for reading and commenting on this story. I really appreciate hearing what everyone thinks. laugh

That's my Jack, always one step ahead of everyone else.
He certainly is, Jana! I'm really glad you enjoyed this, and I hope the rest of your birthday celebration was great! I know I had fun for the parts I was there for. laugh
This was lovely, Anna, and is shaping up to be a really cute little vignette. There were lots of great lines and a nice sense of atmosphere.
Thanks Labby! I'm glad you liked it. blush laugh
By the way was it a love story they saw?
Well, I never really said what movie they saw. When Jack talked to Clark about it they were going to see a sci-fi movie, but maybe I'll put something more specific into the final draft before I send it to the archive. Thanks for the great question, Laura! It keeps me on my toes.
Jack is looking for problems
You've got that right, Jose!
I particularly liked the part where their hands brushed in the popcorn box
And then the touch of hands. Clark obsessing over what to do next was classic!
I also loved the hands brushing part and all the thoughts that went on in both afterwards.
Thanks, Wendy, Vicki, and Laura. I'm glad people liked this part cause I was a little nervous about how it would turn out. smile
But, but... they went home separately! That wasn't right
Now he just has to get them to go home together.
But of course, no plan works immediately. The two lunkheads head home separately. Let's see what Jack has cooking in Part 2.
wonderful start - but they went home alone
No, they certainly shouldn't have gone home alone, but that's what part two is for. wink
And I can't wait to find out what the rest of Jack's plan entails and what Lois' revenge will be.
Okay, Anna, now that I have finally read this, *where* is part two?
Next part soon, please.
Waiting for the second part .....
Well, I hope I'm not lynched for this, but... part two isn't exactly written yet. I've got it all plotted and about half written, so I'm close, but it's not quite done. Don't fret too much though, I should have it up here within a couple of weeks.

Again, thanks to everyone who read and/or commented on the story; it really makes my day!

~Anna

Merriwether
Merriwether
I love it! I can't wait for the next part. I love what Jack is doing. smile1

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm glad Roo brought this to the top ... it's been six weeks, Anna. Any hope of seeing part 2? Pretty please? smile

Or has it been posted and I just missed it?

Kathy

BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Wow! Thanks for asking! I thought everybody had probably forgotten about this story, but I'm excited to find that people are still waiting for it. smile1

Part two hasn't been posted, but it has been written; I'm just waiting to hear back from my (wonderful!) BRs. It took me a lot longer to write than I thought it would, but won't be too much longer, I promise. laugh

~Anna

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard