Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Finally! I've been hitting the freakin' refresh button for the past ten minutes ever since I saw this:
Since you're injured, I'll humor you and post part 15 now, but I fully expect you to fulfill your solemn pledge to "lavish love and praise in full measure on the remaining parts"
I shall soon return with love and praise.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally! I've been hitting the freakin' refresh button for the past ten minutes
Sheesh! Give a girl a chance to make some last minute edits, would you? wink

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Fabulous, it has me on the edge of my seat - not just the drama of Lois getting kidnapped but the sexual tension between Lois and Clark

Post the next part soon, please, please please

robinson
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
And now I'm back. It's only my vow to worship that keeps me typing since my current inclination is to crawl back into bed and curse at Lois for being so GALACTICALLY STUPID!
“Clark, I’m in the middle of the police station. What could possibly happen to me before you get back?”
That's like saying, "God Himself could not sink this ship."

When Clark gave her the glass of water at the beginning of this part it reminded me that I completely skipped over so many of the little details from before. And these are not little ordinary details. No these are the kind of details that take this story from being a really fun read to being something complexly layered that I can't stop thinking about obsessively after I've read it for the third time. For instance, the fact that Lois gets vertigo when Clark moves her around quickly. And the way he freaked out about it more than she did - fearing that he had unintentionally hurt her. And the hurt/comfort of having him get her a glass of water, which she gamely sips at just to be nice.

And, good golly gosh, that kiss in the alley. drool

“Why don’t you go ahead and make those changes. I’m just going to go and um…” What? Die of embarrassment? Pray for a different life? Wish that I hadn’t married the biggest crook of our time and that I were single? “Get some coffee,” I finish weakly.
That made me laugh - it's so perfectly Lois. Cynical and meek in the same instant.

I realize I’m standing there in my ‘Angel’ outfit
If she's still in that get-up, I'm impressed he was able to focus on just her mouth. wink

“Why don’t we just put my name on the story and you can be the copy editor?”
Aww, don't be mean. I've known some very nice copy editors. smile

Suddenly, leaving without Clark doesn’t seem like such a good idea.
Hello? Duh!

I'm just praying she managed to get some kind of squeak out and Clark is waiting just around the corner of the garage to rescue her. I know it's not gonna happen like that, but it will give me something to obsess about (besides the yummy UST of the story) until you post the next part this afternoon. grovel

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Argh! This is why you should *never* say any variation of "what could possibly go wrong?"

Loved the way she got lost just looking at his mouth, completely spacing out on whatever he was saying... But then I sensed the beginnings of a "I can't risk the friendship by trying to date" attitude. Hopefully she'll get over that soon.

Boy, that crooked cop was sure of himself, thinking he could kidnap Lois *and* her partner at the same time... I mean, even without the Super-factor, one person overpowering two is a somewhat chancey situation...

So, I assume Lois will get the chance to actually tell Lex everything bad she's ever thought about him. smile I'd love to see her tell him off. And *then* she can be rescued. OTOH, there are three whole parts left... peep

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, it's Friday and my boss is in Texas, so I'm here to see the lovely feedback as it happens.

Robinson I'm so glad you're enjoying both the action and the UST. As I've said before, that combination is why I read fanfiction in the first place (mostly that, anyway). Thanks for your comments.

Sue Wow, you are quick and very complimentary. When you make a promise, you don't mess around. laugh

my current inclination is to crawl back into bed and curse at Lois for being so GALACTICALLY STUPID!
/me cackles maniacally. Repeatedly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Clark, I’m in the middle of the police station. What could possibly happen to me before you get back?”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's like saying, "God Himself could not sink this ship."
LOL. Seriously, laughing out loud in the office everytime I read this. It's a good thing no one else is here right now. drool ... yes, it's a lovely image, isn't it? And I agree with you about her needing to get over her "just be friends with Clark" thing. Will it happen in the three remaining parts? Well, how long did it take in the series before they started dating, a year and a half?
evil

Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
LOL. Seriously, laughing out loud in the office everytime I read this. It's a good thing no one else is here right now.
However much you're laughing, it still can't equal the amount of times I laughed while reading this story. So many good lines and so much witty banter!

And you're absolutely right - they are so much fun to play with. thumbsup

Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Bank alarm.” He moves toward the door, but pauses at the threshold to look at me. “This shouldn’t take long. Promise you’ll be careful until I get back?”
AHHH...of course she's going to find a way to get into trouble!

Great part,
JD
but I may go throw something later. Or just use all the frustration of Lois' mishaps to vigorously whip my peanut butter pie. wink

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
You must take up Sue's offer. Really you must.

Or else...

/sighs as she realizes she has little to bargain with/

Will you settle for begging? Or cookies? I'm making cookies this afternoon... I'll give some to both you and Sue...

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Umm...I'm just going to wait for the next post. I have too much angst going on right now. You've kept me at the edge of my seat here. I'm surprised that Clark didn't just snatch Lois up and take her with him at her "What could possibly go wrong?" comment.

This is fabulous!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois, Lois, Lois. Will you never learn? Let's see, off to see Lex, now armed with Kryptonite, which makes him effectively Clark proof.
Wow, such good stories these days. I'm in heaven.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Whee! more feedbacks!

Jen So you're saying I hit the nail on the head with Lois in this part? Glad to hear it. Sorry to leave you angry or frustrated or whatever makes you want to act violently. frown BTW the peanut butter pie sounds interesting. Enjoy!

Carol Cookies sound good. Definitely if they involve chocolate (the darker the better) - maybe with a tall, frosty glass of milk? I'm seriously considering posting part 16, especially if it'll get me perks like this :p

Sheila - Sorry for the super angst, I didn't really mean it. But with a villian like Lex, it's hard to get around it.
I'm surprised that Clark didn't just snatch Lois up and take her with him at her "What could possibly go wrong?" comment.
Well, Clark has only known her for a couple of weeks, maybe it hasn't sunk in how jeopardy-friendly she is yet. Hang in there.

Artemis I'm glad you're still enjoying the story. Yes, Lois is in quite a pickle isn't she? Thanks for your comment.

Kerth
Kerth
Apart from the ending - which was great, but just has me impatient for the next bit - there were a whole lot of gems in this part.

The unspoken, but very real, very shared attraction was brilliant. You just know Clark is going to have massive problems with being so floored by a married woman - even though the husband is Luthor.

And Lois, wishing she was single - discovering too late (or maybe not?) that love can be far, far more than settling for convenience.

The banter leading into the 'moment' was wonderful. I loved it when Clark stood up and let her write. I can imagine the look on his face - and hers too.

I can't wait for the final 3 parts.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awesome? clap More? dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How about if I throw in an offer of brownies with dark chocolate chunks in them to add to Sue's batch of cookies?

I also loved the UST and banter between Lois and Clark. I knew as soon as she made her "what could happen" comment that something would. Saying something like that is just asking for it, especially for Lois.

I can't wait for #16 . . . and 17 . . . and 18!!!

~Mel~
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I don't think Lex is going to be too happy with his beloved.

Tank (who thinks that Lex might have something to say about Lois' current mode of dress also)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What I want to know is, has Lex figured out that it was Lois and Superman working against him? He must have suspected something due to their quick vanishment, right?

And, if he knows it's Lois and Superman, and the dirty cops have told him that it's Lois and *Clark Kent*, then Lex effectively knows that CK = S. And that is a bad thing.

Plus, Lex has the kryptonite. I can see a jim-dandy set of problems for our heroes!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
BJ - since I don't have any fic to offer at the moment [and am not sure the next one is worth another post of MoD :p it's not that it's that *bad* or anything but have spent so much time in 1st person 3rd feels weird to me], cookies were the next best thing. I've got a bunch of chocolate chip cookies left - come on over and bring the laptop. Ignore the guy downloading all the fic/wips that are on it...

Carol

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Yikes! Clark, why aren't you keeping an eye on her?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, with incentives like chocolate chip cookies, brownies and chapter 6 of "Ricochet", I'm thinking that posting evil cliffhangers is definitely the way to go. laugh

Female Hawk Thank you for your comments. Lois knows that his ethics won't allow Clark to act on the attraction, but that doesn't stop either of them from feeling. I'm glad that the relationship (both attraction and friendship) are coming across as real.

Michael Thanks. And be careful what you ask for... wave
I don't think Lex is going to be too happy with his beloved.
You think?

IolantheAlias The only response I can give to your speculations and questions is to say .... RAFO. Oh, and to laugh wickedly to myself.

Carol You're back with the promised cookies - that's so sweet...except I can see through your subterfuge. You're just trying to take a peek at the end. spider

Nan asked...
Clark, why aren't you keeping an eye on her?
Um, because I'm evil? <eg>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard