carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/sigh/

Too short again.

Always is wink .

Loved it. Loved the kiss, though I think I'm with whoever it was in one of the other threads who said that Lois is going to need some time before getting into another relationship.

At least this time, the only secret will be the superhero one and not the crime boss killer one.

More soon please smile .
Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Well, if Lois had any residual affection for Lex, it's gone now. Knowing that her husband is responsible for the deaths of a number of people is far different from actually seeing him commit a cold-blooded murder. That shot not only killed the AWOL soldier, it killed any chance that Lex might have had to play on Lois' emotions.

The kiss was pretty intense, wasn't it? I can't help but think that part of Lois' intensity and focus in that kiss is that she has such a huge hole in her heart from the impact of Lex's betrayal of her on so many different levels. Her mind isn't trying to latch onto Clark as a replacement for Lex, but her heart is. And although we are ultimately in control of our emotions, they often pull us down paths which we wouldn't choose if we were clear-headed.

Nice insight into Bobby Bigmouth's character, too. The revelation that he feeds his homeless (and therefore invisible) network of informants speaks volumes about him, as does his use of that information to work behind the scenes for justice. He's a nice guy after all.

I understand why Lois needs to take Lex down directly. He all but overwhelmed her and pulled her into orbit around his gravity well (a black hole, I would think) and she's trying to right herself and regain her own orbital path. She might be the only one who has ever crossed Lex's event horizon and escaped, not to mention lived to tell about it. Of course, the others didn't have super-help.

You were right, this is starting to move quickly. I look for some fireworks coming very soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm absolutely loving this story. Sorry for not leaving any feedback before. Loved the investigation and Lois-Clark interaction. smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent... well, except for Lex getting Kryptonite and Lois making enough noise to betray the fact that *someone* was there, and probably someone with super help, at that.

Terrific kiss, though <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part. Loved the kiss! I'm eager to see their reaction to each other when they get to her hotel room.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lovely B-plot! shock

Ann

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
This story just keeps getting better.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just WOW! hail

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aargh! Semi-cliffhanger ending! At least you didn't end it with Nigel and Lex searching for Lois in the warehouse, with Clark too incapacitated to fly them away.....oh wait - better not give you any nasty ideas!

Now I'm really worried. Lex has the kryptonite. As he is malevolently intelligent, I'm sure he will figure out that Lois and Superman are working together. This can't be good.

Please post more soon!

Kerth
Kerth
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been online since about part 6 and I absolutely flipped out when I saw how many parts there are now! I'm off to read, but I just had to do a cyber happy dance and let you know that you hadn't lost me, I've just been away. dance

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great addition. Nasty that Lex has Kryptonite.

To bad Clark can't blast it with his heat vision and seal it.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
This continues to be wonderful. I loved that when Lois finally gets the chance to kiss her soul mate, it's so overwhelming that she can't think straight. I suspect that Clark felt the same way but for two things:
1. Due to his "boy scout" background, I think he feels even more guilt than Lois about "kissing while still married" thing.
2. He probably suspected how much he was going to enyoy it.

And this from James:
To bad Clark can't blast it with his heat vision and seal it.
Is *exactly* what I thought when I read that section. I guess we know who also just finished "The Girl Next Door". wave

Bob

Kerth
Kerth
Brenda! This story is so much fun - and much more addictive than pain meds. I started with part 7, and managed to tear myself away a few times to copy a line to comment on later, but mostly I was so thrilled by the ride that I didn't want to stop reading. So you see it's kind of your fault that this FDK is so short. :p

That said, I loved her first "encounter" with Superman. I loved that he teased her about going over the balcony. I first got hooked on the show because Clark was such a smartas* and, to me, your story is utterly true to Deborah Joy Levine's vision of Clark's character. notworthy

The fact that I’ve met two kind and decent men since arriving in San Francisco amazes me.
There's a "gay-dar" joke in there somewhere.

Of course, this might be the reason Clark didn’t get much from him; it appears Superman isn’t too quick on the uptake.
Pot, meet kettle…

Heat rushes to my face as I imagine Clark lounging around on his bed wearing nothing but a smile on his face, a white silk sheet strategically placed over his lap.
Heh. I've seen that picture -- and it makes me blush too. blush

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and has the duck’s super suits hanging in his secret compartment, well it doesn’t take a paranoid military madman to put it together.
Best. Revelation. Ever. I loved her reaction - starting to write the story and then realizing why he was hiding in plain sight. Loved that she understood and could voice why protecting his privacy was something she was more than willing to do. Loved his reaction (especially the line about a "secret the size of Jupiter in his closet"). Loved that, even before they met, she had given him the idea for his Superman disguise.

From that point on, though, I was so completely sucked into the world you've created that I made mental notes only instead of copying and pasting snippets. I was on edge with your A plot as they planned and then executed the break-in. I was caught up and practically luxuriating in the relationship between them, the obvious attraction and the UST. That kiss in the alleyway - good heavens! <fans self> I love your banter between them and found myself literally laughing out loud several times.

And now comes the horrible part about being able to glut myself on seven parts in one day - I want more! Please say you'll be posting again soon and I solemnly pledge to lavish love and praise in full measure on the remaining parts.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh wow! What fun it is to come back to see such a wonderful reaction to the last part.
razz )?

Clark was such a smartas* and, to me, your story is utterly true to Deborah Joy Levine's vision of Clark's character.
You've really made my day with this one. I love Clark's snark with Lois as well and am glad that I was able to deliver some of that in this story.

Best. Revelation. Ever.
party
Thanks also for all the other callbacks and comments on parts 7 - 14. Since you're injured, I'll humor you and post part 15 now, but I fully expect you to fulfill your solemn pledge to "lavish love and praise in full measure on the remaining parts" wink

Brenda

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow. Awesome part. I guess poor Lois sort of got distracted while trying to implement her disguise goofy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard