OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Well?

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Get back here right now and post the next part!!!!
Evil, evil, evil cliffhanger

Beyond that I loved it. They are finally communicating even though it is in anger. Lois apologized and she is starting to forgive herself

robinson
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! Why do I think Martha planned that whole thing to get them talking...again? I'm proud of Lois for finally forgiving herself and realizing that she is worth more than cheap sex, in spite of what she did to Clark. It's time Clark did some soul searching. Now he is probably going to be guilt ridden about what happened to Lois after leaving his apartment. And how dare he call her a one night stand?! Well, I'm just glad that she put an end to it!

I just hate that we have to wait another whole week for the next part! wallbash

Very nicely done.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wow!! I have been following this story from the beginning, but haven't posted anything. This is a fantastic story, very well written. I like that it is so different from the cannon that we are all used to. It's different and yet still believable that the characters would act this way.

There were so many sections in this part that I had to read over and over again, because it was so well written that it was heartbreaking. I don't know if I can wait a whole week for the next part. I will be waiting, not so patiently.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man, what star crossed lovers these are! So Clark did blame her for Mayson's death but she's right she didn't have anything to do with that.
Now she's lying in the street injured.
More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! What a chapter! I can just imagine how Lois felt standing there in Clark's kitchen with his mother. Then, the painfully tense dinner followed by lots of passion. Afterwards, he tells her he loves her in the middle of a fight, and she runs off into the night, half-dressed, only to get hit by a car. I can't believe you ended it there!
When is your next update????

~Mel~
Columnist
Columnist
The next update needs to be very soon. How could you leave Lois in the street injured?

More please soon.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yikes! That was a bad twist of events. She could have said I love you too. Can't you stop hating me? This is so sad, poor Lois. Clark needs to get over it. He should not have blamed her for Mason. That was cruel and unClark like. Anyway, can you post sooner? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Alisha,

I’m still enjoying this very much. I have to say that I am still struggling with Clark’s behavior.

I love the fact that he finally came a little bit clean with Lois and gave her a glimpse of what he *thinks* he’s been feeling.

I’m also glad that Lois may have had the breakthrough to get over her own feelings of guilt about the situation.

Now, that said… Clark is a *very* sick boy. He claims to love Lois but he does nothing that reflects any real feeling of love or even mild affection. He treats her badly. He’s not compassionate about her feelings. And finally, he’s blaming her for all of his own shortcomings and errors.

I always apply the old test of “Love is when someone else’s happiness is essential for your own.” Clark is *not* thinking about Lois’s happiness at all. If he really did love her, he would have known how much she was hurting. He would want to find a way to alleviate her hurt even at the expense of his own feelings. Based on everything I’ve seen thus far, as well as in this section, he does not love her and, the way he is now, he doesn’t deserve her.

In this section, I think Lois has taken the first step to healing herself. As *sick* as Clark is, I don’t think even having Lois get hit by a car will be enough to snap him back.

Again, I like the story very much. It just hurts to see Clark so very damaged.

Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow!!! This is positively heartbreaking! But in a downright addictive way, too!

Just think of the opening paragraph here:

I almost had a panic attack as I heard a door open followed by the sound of happy male voices chattering to each other. It was like an extremely vivid and terrifying nightmare; I was standing in the Kents' kitchen surrounded by bubbling saucepans and other really complicated looking cooking utensils and Clark was about to walk in and find me standing there, rooted to the spot in fear, unable to move to defend myself. I would have pinched myself to try and wake myself up if Martha wasn't busy trying to reassure me. Or maybe I would have put my head in the oven and breath in deeply to end it all, whichever technique would work best.
Wow!!! She is thinking of killing herself!!! eek

I persevered, certain that this home-made feast would not be compensation enough for my impending death. “Your son is likely to kill me if he discovers me here and from what I just heard, your husband won't try to stop him.”
And now she is thinking of Clark killing her!!! eek

I hated him, I actively hated him for being so gorgeous and so out of my reach. I also hated Martha for putting me in this situation. Sure, in the few hours I'd known her I'd come to respect her, admire her and yes, like her, but I still wanted to murder her the next time I got her alone.
And now she is thinking of murdering Martha!!!! eek eek eek

Martha, however, is no slouch:

“Your son is likely to kill me if he discovers me here and from what I just heard, your husband won't try to stop him.”

“No, but I will. I'll box his ears if he's anything less than civil to you and the same goes for my husband.” She smiled at me. “Clark might be Superman, but I'm the one in charge in this family.
whinging

“It's you,” Clark said after a while.

“What's me?”

“Why I act so differently, it's because of you.”

“I figured that out, Clark.”

“You make me so angry, Lois. I'm angry at you, I'm angry at the article you wrote but mostly I'm angry at myself.”

I raised myself up onto my elbows so that I could see him, surprised at his answer. “You? Why are you angry at you?”

“Because no matter what you do to me, I still love you. You ruined my life in the worst possible way and I loved you anyway.”
What a way for a man to declare his love for a woman!!!

I blinked, not quite believing what I was hearing. “You *love* me?”

“Yes, Lois, I love you, but I still hate you. I can't hate you fully while I love you and I can't be completely in love with you while I hate you. That makes me angry and I can't sort it out in my head. I spent a year trying to hate you but I couldn't and I've spent the last few months trying to love you but I couldn't do that either. Those conflicting emotions just mix together and result in anger, frustration and...”
Heartbreaking!

“I just wish that I could let go of one of those feelings.”

“Which one?”

“Either of them.”

I snorted at him. “Way to make a girl feel special.”
What a jerk!!! He is actually telling her that he would be happy if he was able to stop loving her, so that he could wholeheartedly hate her!

He paused for a second, obviously contemplating something, then he blurted out, “You know it's your fault that I never got to Mayson in time, don't you?”

“My fault!” I exclaimed, feeling a little of that hatred myself at his accusation. “Now wait a moment! I *know* that she died *after* you broke up with me. You can't blame me for that!”

“Do you know what I did after I left you that night? I flew off and sulked. I should have been patrolling, helping people, saving one of the few true friends that I have but instead I was hurting because I knew that I had to stop seeing you and I'd finally decided to do something about it.”
He is blaming her because he was sulking, so that he couldn't get to Mayson in time!!!

“You know what, it's not your decision to make. You hate me, because if you loved me you couldn't possibly blame me for things I haven't done. I'm sorry I wrote that article, Clark, I really am and I'm sorry Drake died but that wasn't my fault. I wasn't the one who put a bomb in her car. If you must hate me, hate me for what I've done, not for things that have nothing to do with me!”
Well spoken, Lois! No, Clark isn't in love with you. He is in lust with you, but he also hates you.

“I *am* the press, Superman and you know what, I don't care! So what if I get caught leaving, they don't know *you* live here, do they? And I won't tell anyone. You were right. We need a clean slate, to never see each other again. God, Dan was right wasn't he? I've felt so bad over what I did that I've let you *use* me! No more, Kent, that's it. I'm leaving and I never want to see you again!”
Finally! Lois realizes that Clark is taking all his anger and frustration out on her, even when she doesn't deserve it. She can't let this go on.

I was crying by this point. I wasn't sure when I had started but there was no way I could stop it. I couldn't see a thing through my thickly flowing tears.

I ran across a road in a desperate attempt to put as much distance behind me and Clark as I possibly could. I heard the squeal of a braking car and was bathed in the cold glow of a car's headlight as I felt a sudden pain in my leg. I fell onto the hard road and heard something crack as my whole world went black.
But what is this??? What has happened to Lois? Alisha, I'm taking comfort in the fact that you said that Clark's conversation with Martha, when she was going to find out that he was sleeping with Lois, would have been the only part of this story that was told from Clark's point of view. Well, that suggests to me that either the fic stops now, if Lois died, or else she survives and continues to tell the story. And you did say To Be Continued...

Please post more soon! Do we really have to wait for Sunday????

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Another delightful part.

Framework4
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
wow.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I need to add something. I said that Clark was in lust with Lois, but Lois is in lust with Clark, too. That was particularly obvious here:

He didn't speak or look at me after seeing his parents out, just walked past me to finish clearing everything up. I watched him for a few moments, until I realised that the only reason I was watching him was because I was enjoying looking at him out and then I forcibly tore my eyes away from his appealing physique. I hated him, I actively hated him for being so gorgeous and so out of my reach.
But Lois feels more than lust for Clark, and Clark needs to understand that he feels more than lust for Lois, too. Maybe that's what Lois's accident is all about. Clark couldn't save his very good friend Mayson because he was busy moping over Lois. What if he sees Lois close to death because she was so upset over him being horrible to her? Won't that make him realize that he loves her and can't bear to lose her?

Ann

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"Clarkie is in trouble, Clarkie is in trouble" with Martha. She is going to do more than tug him along by the ear when she finds out he drove Lois out of their home in the middle of the night and into the road to be hit by a car.

Alisha, you are evil!!! We have to wait a week to find out how badly Lois is hurt and how it affects Clark. Evil!!

thanks!

rkn
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved this chapter and I love that Lois finally realized that because she was feeling guilty about what happened, she has let Clark use her and her body. She deserves better. Now, Lois looks to be hurt. Hopefully, this will be the event that knocks the lunkheadness out of Clark. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love Martha in this fic.

Now I want more parts. Soon. Please. I'm begging.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, there's tons of insightful FDK out there and I'm dead tired so I'll keep it simple. Loved Martha. Loved Lois' and Clark's interactions. And you are writing mean cliffhangers. Was Lois hit by a car? Did she just snap her ankle and fall down and hit her head. Did Clark rescue her and hurt her in the process?

wildguy
wildguy wildguy
wildguy wildguy wildguy
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Thanks for the feedback, I’m sorry I’m making you all wait to find out what happens, honestly I am! devil

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Alisha - for lack of time, let me just ditto what many people have said before. This is an amazing story, one of those that just sticks in my head long hours after reading each chapter. It's disturbing and angsty and delicious. thumbsup

Now, I'm ready for Wanda Detroit or for amnesiatic Lois to show up. Think of it, no more guilt, no self-recriminations, nothing but the essence of Lois without Clark/Superman hanging over her head. Sounds great to me.

More sooner, please.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I thought I already left feedback for this part... sorry! Loved the brillant story, as always. smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard