Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61172 02/25/09 06:41 AM
Nan Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I have to admit, although my usual pattern is to wait to read the stories until they're done -- I don't do suspense well -- I've been sneaking peeks at this one.

I like the slow, careful development, and I like Lois, the way she is going about her investigation of Lex.

Waiting for the next part.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Very nice.

But you're not supposed to make me cry.

Ten to one it's not Clark's opinion of Lois that has him carrying her differently. I'd put money on him wanting to send Luthor on a long walk off a tall building... or something like that...

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How do you manage to put so many emotions into one part?? Her frustration with him objecting to her plan, her helping him deal with tragedy, her giddy realization that she's in love, and then the humiliation of Clark seeing her being cheated upon.

All that *and* you advance the plot in several areas. You're good.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not much to say tonight other than it's excellent as usual.

Lois being humiliated when Clark finds out that Lex is cheating on her....good description of her emotional upset.

And I'm glad to see that Lois & Clark are making progress on the Lex investigation! Now if they can only get some evidence that's admissible in court!

Top Banana
Top Banana
There is so much great stuff here that I feel that I should have more to say.

Lois comforting Clark over the non-saves was very touching.

Then, Lex's cause for distraction was a nice twist and Lois's reaction to it and her concern about what Clark would think was great.

Basically, I just loved it from top to bottom. clap

EDIT:
I just had to add something. This...
When ready, he picks me up again and I almost lose it when I realize he’s holding me stiffly, like he can’t stand to be near me anymore. I knew it. I knew he would despise me if he knew how pathetic I am
and this
I can’t look at Clark for fear of seeing the disappointment in his eyes.
are just so sad. I hope Clark straightens her out on this as soon as they are alone. Lex deserves whatever he gets for doing this to Lois's spirit. mad

Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, just love how you bring out Lois and Clark's emotions so splendidly, and how you show us how incredibly strongly they affect each other. Clark can't help smiling when Lois is teasing him, or when she insists on having things her way. He can't help being comforted by her when he is heartbroken. And Lois can't help responding incredibly strongly to Clark, and she can't help realizing that she is so very much in love with him.

Brilliantly written! clap clap clap

Ann

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Another great part!

I thought it was very interesting how Lois was willing to try the safer plan that Clark suggested. It seems her experiences have made her a little wiser.

I love how they are becoming completely dependent on one another, and I love how Lois is realizing that this is a good thing.

And they are going to talk soon, right? It's horrible to think that Lois not only has to deal with Lex's cheating and the fact that what she didn't want to have to tell Clark he actually *saw,* but that she is sure Clark thinks less of her because of it.

Can't wait for more!
Amber

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great part. clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
This is just getting better and better.

Despite the pain it caused Lois, I'm so glad they discovered Luthor cheating. It seems to give a green light to the possibility that Lois and Clark can pursue their deepening attraction.

I'm looking forward to the next part.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This has been a fun ride so far. Like the other gentle readers I like how this Lois' experiences have made her more accepting of Clark and his polar differences from other men she's dealth with rather than overly defensive.

There is going to come a time when Lois is going to have to send Lex some sort of ransom note. And in the tradition of all high profile kidnappings there will have to be proof that the kidnappers actually have Lois. One of the typical methods is to send along the wedding ring, still attached to the finger. Not a good option for Lois. Perhaps Lois could send Lex her wedding ring accompanied by a large amount of her hair which Lex should surely recognize. Cutting her hair would definately be preferable to excising something that wouldn't grow back wink .

Tank (who wonders how much Lois is going to ask for her ransom)

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan I'm glad to have your comments, so peek in any time you like. I know what you mean about not dealing with suspense well - I've gone that way a few times myself. Thanks for the comment about Lois and her investigation. I wasn't sure if I could pull off an A-plot -- and this one has been mostly an excuse for the b-plot. laugh

Carol Sorry for making you cry, but yay me for getting the emotions across. I dare say your thoughts about Clark are closer to the truth than Lois' ideas. Thanks for the fdk.

Pam Oh, you're too kind. There was a lot in the last part, which is why I considered breaking it into two. Thanks for the comments.

IolantheAlias Thank you for commenting. I'm glad you're still enjoying the story. Admissible evidence coming right up in the next part.

Bob Thanks for your post. Lois can be very compassionate in the right circumstances and I've always felt that was one of her most attractive qualities to Clark.
Lex's cause for distraction was a nice twist
I'm glad you thought so. Lois was so sure she needed to get Lex out of the penthouse, but she's pragmatic enough to realize this distraction is just as good (from a certain point of view). Yes, Lois has made a leap of logic in her assumptions about Clark's reaction to Lex's infidelity, but she doesn't know Clark as well as we do -- stay tuned for the next part.

Ann Thank you for the compliments about the friendship and budding romance between Lois and Clark. It makes my heart glad.

Amber It was a conscious decision to have Lois trust Clark's abilities more in this story than in the series. After all, she sought him out for his help as an investigative reporter -- learning he's Superman was an added bonus.
I love how they are becoming completely dependent on one another
Hmm, you think so? I was going more for supportive rather than dependent. Of course if you mean that they are willing to trust each other and depend on that person for support, than I'm glad - that's what I was going for. And they will talk -- stay tuned.

Michael Thanks!

I'm so glad they discovered Luthor cheating. It seems to give a green light to the possibility that Lois and Clark can pursue their deepening attraction.
Thanks for the fdk, Female Hawk . I'm glad you enjoyed it. Clark's accidental discovery of Lois' secret seemed appropo since Lois had done the same to him back in San Francisco, but you're right, without the secrets between them, their relationship can continue to grow.

Tank peep

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard