Next Thread
Print Thread
#61124 02/22/09 07:31 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
What do you think? I know this part ended rather abruptly, but I still haven’t found a way for it to tail off properly and I thought I’d better not keep you waiting for my muse to come up with the goods, because believe me that could take a looong time!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, I was so happy to see this part up! clap

It was brilliant as usual. Clark was rude with Dan Scardino, wasn't he? He's jealous, that all there is to it. He doesn't want to be with Lois in any way or capacity, but he hates the thought that Lois is going on a date (and possibly more than a date) with another man.

I loved the fact that Scardino comforted Lois:

“Sounds like you're a lot more considerate than he is. Does he know what you've been sacrificing on his behalf?”
Lois hates herself for what she has done to Clark, so I'm glad that she met someone who doesn't think she is an irredeemable monster for what she did to Clark.

And Lois has realized that she is in love with Clark. Of course. They are soulmates, so how can she not be in love with him?

I love that Martha has come to see Lois. And I so, so hope that Martha can somehow fix things between Clark and Lois. They both need each other so desperately!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb part! I'm glad for three things:
1) Clark got to see Lois and Dan together
2) Lois realized she's in love with Clark,
and more importantly:
3) Martha!!!

But, I still can't decide if we would see a Lois-with-Clark ending or just Lois and Clark being at peace with the situation..

Until next week then, right?

Loved it!!! smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Alisha, you're killing me with these posts! Be a sweetie and just pst the other 4 parts. grovel This was brilliant. Dan and Lois and Superman's jealousy. I'm glad that Dan made Lois feel wanted, because in spite of what she did, she deserves someone and she is already making a sacrifice by settling for someone who she will never love with al of her heart because the one person that she does love with everything she's got doesn't want anything to do with her--or so he implies. I really don't want Dan to get hurt, but--now that Martha has come into the picture...

Martha and Lois. Apparently, Clark has been hurting and going to his mother for therapy. And my how she can read between the lines. Hw did she know that they had slept together? Now is Clark going to be upset and blame Lois for hers and Martha's outing?

Absolutely genius!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I absolutely love this part. Martha coming in was a very welcome surprise and it is perfect. She will be able to mediate between Lois and Clark and bring them together. I can see it now - Martha and Lois become friends and she orchestrates a meeting between the 2 at her house and talks turkey to them both. She will help them learn to forgive themselves and each other

robinson
Kerth
Kerth
Bringing in Martha is a great idea - it allows us to see something of what Clark is thinking, even though it's still from Lois's POV.

Four more parts - my guess is that's too many for a completely smooth run home.

I'm still hoping for a happy ending - which seemed very unlikely in the early parts of the fic, but you've swung the mood beautifully.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love Martha! She always helps speed things along and point out the obvious to the clueless living in denial.
The interaction between Superman and Dan was a hoot. Jealous much, Clark? Tee hee! dance

~Mel~
H
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
H
When are you going to post the nfiction part of the story??? mad

Hue Nguyen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome! I am so happy Martha is here to save the day! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
Ditto abbout Martha, she will get the problem fixed.

Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Still reading and still enjoying your story.

Oh, now that Martha and Lois have got together, poor Clark doesn't stand a chance. Not that I have a problem with that! wink

But how will their relationship progress when Clark can only be Superman?

I'm looking forward to seeing how you work this out.

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Martha's on the job. A ray of sunshine! She knows Clark is miserable without Lois. Great plotting!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Yeah, this is gonna be tough to wrap up in four parts, but you've pulled it off so far, so I'm going to stay with you to the bittersweet end.

Clark really wanted their relationship to be just sex. And he won't admit that it wasn't. If it had been, he wouldn't have considered popping Dan's brains out through his ears. And it definitely wasn't just sex for Lois. If it had been, she wouldn't have reacted as she did when he suggested calling a halt to their bumping and grinding. And she wouldn't have reacted so badly to Superman's ill treatment of her when she was with Dan.

Don't worry about the chapter ending seeming to be abrupt. Sometimes life and feedback can be like that.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
I kinda think it's more of a visit from mom, even if that mom is Martha, to fix this.Trust is missing. There's no reason for Clark to trust Lois ever again that I can see.He says he has forgiven her, but does he trust her? I dont know.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
Hi!

Thanks for all your comments. It’s nice to hear how happy you were to see Martha turn up, although I don’t know where the idea that she’s going to help sort this mess out has come from! wink

How Martha worked out that Clark had been sleeping with Lois was the only ‘Clark’ scene I ever thought up for this fic and I was a little disappointed that I wasn’t able to write it. I can’t remember *exactly* how it would have gone – but I assure you that it was logical!

I’m sticking to a once a week post, I haven’t got enough spare time at the moment to post more often, so you’ll have to be patient and wait for the other four!

There is an nfic version for this part, but there were only a couple of lines that I cut out and I didn’t think it worth posting separately for them. If anyone really wants to read it, let me know and I will post it in a couple of days.

- Alisha

Top Banana
Top Banana
yes yes yes for the nfic version, even if there is negligible difference smile goofy

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes I would like to see the nfic version too. The previous nfic posts have been very rewarding.

This has been a great episode. "The course of true love ne'er did run smooth", and L&C are facing the usual (and some not so usual) rocks in their pathway.

Looking forward to more parts!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard